Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Captain Lou Albano, 1933-2009

Offline ProfessorStooge

Professional wrestler/manager Captain Lou Albano passed away yesterday at age 76. Known for his rubber-banded beard and loud shirts, Albano managed 15 tag teams, including the Wild Samoans, who won the World Tag Team Championship. Albano is also a former United States Tag Team Champion and a WWE Hall of Famer, having been inducted in 1996. In addition to his wrestling career, Albano appeared in the video for Cyndi Lauper's "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun."
« Last Edit: January 23, 2024, 07:29:30 PM by ProfessorStooge »

Offline metaldams

Captain Lou sang on the first record I ever had.  He sang about the history of the world with George "The Animal" Steele, if my memory isn't foggy today.

http://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/various_artists_f2/the_wrestling_album/

R.I.P. Captain, a part of my life in more innocent days.

Man, check out that album cover in the link above.  Freddie Blassie checking out Liz's ass, and I was 6 when I had this thing!  "Innocent" days, like I said.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline luke795

He also played Mario in the Super Mario Bros Super Show cartoon tv show which also had live action segments in 1989 which is based off of the videos games.

Offline metaldams

He also played Mario in the Super Mario Bros Super Show cartoon tv show which also had live action segments in 1989 which is based off of the videos games.

Oh yeah, that's right!

By the way, it's refreshing to hear a wrestling related personality pass away at a respectable age from natural causes.  What a novelty.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Sadistic Stooge

Damn I didn't know that he died :(  I will always remember him from how funny he was in the movie Wise Guys :)

Offline FineBari3

Captain Lou sang on the first record I ever had.  He sang about the history of the world with George "The Animal" Steele, if my memory isn't foggy today.

http://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/various_artists_f2/the_wrestling_album/

R.I.P. Captain, a part of my life in more innocent days.

Man, check out that album cover in the link above.  Freddie Blassie checking out Liz's ass, and I was 6 when I had this thing!  "Innocent" days, like I said.

Ah, back when wrestling was.....real.
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

Offline metaldams

Ah, back when wrestling was.....real.

It is real I tell ya!  Real.  Real!  REAL!  RRREEEE.......

(Men with butterfly nets carry metaldams away)

(as metaldams fades into the distance)

REAL...real.......real........re.....
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Lefty

"I am the Captain!  I am the guiding light!  He's 6-foot-5, 287 pounds, go behind, take down!  My name is now Alban.  I used to be Italian, but that Sammartino made me change it."  I used to think of Albano, Blassie, and the Grand Wizard as the Three Stooges of the WWWF.  R.I.P., guys!