In Yer Face, Weird Al!

Offline Giff me dat fill-em!

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
THIS is accordion music ...

[youtube=425,350]RUCfSiMB_2E&hl=en&fs=1&[/youtube]
The tacks won't come out! Well, they went in ... maybe they're income tacks.

Offline Smaug

I thought accordian music would be louder.

I don't see anything....

EDIT-Nevermind, fixed now.

Offline FineBari3

Holy shit! Fantastic!  I didn't know that an accordion could sound like a pipe organ? 

I don't know a lot about that instrument, but I do know that it is supposedly very difficult to play.  Did anybody notice that there is no piano-like keyboard on this guy's instrument? There are diagonal buttons.

I guess accordion music brings out my inner Polack (or Lithuanian, really).  My great-great grandfather took a trip back to the Old Country right as WWI was breaking out. He was kidnapped by the Russians and made to join their army, even though he lived in the US.  The Russians liked him, because he would play a little concertina for them.  He did make it back home after WWI, with no advance warning; he just showed up one day about 5 years later!

I loved when Weird Al started his career, and he would do his 'Polkas on 45' and other very fast medley songs of popular tunes done to a super-fast polka! His band was full of top-noch musicians, and was more like a big band, and resembled Spike Jones' band a little.

This clip is from the summer of 1985, and I probably watched this when it was new, as I rarely missed a Tonight Show in the summer back then. Look for some of the Tonight Show band members playing with them!

[youtube=425,350]bWLNq193DBY[/youtube]

Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson