Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Home Page Question (Rob)

Offline Giff me dat fill-em!

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
On the Home Page, I was marveling at the ever-escalating total of appearances in the "one or more Stooge member" category. However, it is stated this site has every "film" appearance, while in the following sentence, it is said "film and other media" ... therefore, would it not be better to elaborate just how MANY other media the boys appeared in during these introductory sentences? (TV - radio - recorded music - printed books and periodicals - etc?)
OR - am I just being sycophantic over my favorite site and should go back to my treehouse and shut up?

We've got every film appearance the Three Stooges - all six of them! - ever made, including their solo appearances.

There are 803 short subjects, feature films and other media that had one or more of the Stooges appearing in the cast. Here's a breakdown of the filmography, by "Stooge Team":
The tacks won't come out! Well, they went in ... maybe they're income tacks.

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
On the Home Page, I was marveling at the ever-escalating total of appearances in the "one or more Stooge member" category. However, it is stated this site has every "film" appearance, while in the following sentence, it is said "film and other media" ... therefore, would it not be better to elaborate just how MANY other media the boys appeared in during these introductory sentences? (TV - radio - recorded music - printed books and periodicals - etc?)
OR - am I just being sycophantic over my favorite site and should go back to my treehouse and shut up?

Treehouse.  Definitely.   ;)

Actually, the whole site, including the front page, is getting redesigned, so I will think about modifying that in the new version.

Offline falsealarms

Treehouse.  Definitely.   ;)

Actually, the whole site, including the front page, is getting redesigned, so I will think about modifying that in the new version.

I can't wait to see what it looks like.

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
I can't wait to see what it looks like.

It won't look drastically different (a somewhat cleaner, brighter version of our current appearance), but I've been trying to improve page layouts and functionality.  The big part of the change is behind the scenes; I am writing completely new code from scratch, using a very handy and flexible framework called CodeIgniter, which should speed up the site in the process. 

Using an known, established framework like CodeIgniter also means that it would be much easier to find someone to carry on with the site when I eventually shuffle off this mortal coil.   The code for the current site is a bit of a hodge podge, since I've made changes to how I do things as I've learned new tricks in programming over the years.  The code for the new version is a lot more structured and consistent.    [cool]

Speaking of which, if there are any PHP programmers out there in the membership, I'd be happy to hear from you.  Just send me a PM.   ;)

Offline FineBari3

Just remember to back everything up!   [fear]

Thanks for all you do, Rob!!!
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
We've got every film appearance the Three Stooges - all six of them! - ever made, including their solo appearances.

There are 803 short subjects, feature films and other media that had one or more of the Stooges appearing in the cast. Here's a breakdown of the filmography, by "Stooge Team":

The 803 figure is film and TV only; at present, there are no other media in the count.

The main page's matrix breaks the 803 down into features/shorts/other films & TV, by Stooge team and/or solo category.