Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

THREE STOOGES SCRAPBOOK

Offline falsealarms

Curly G dropped this rare gem on YouTube Friday night. It has apparently been remastered and restored.

Offline Umbrella Sam

So glad to finally be able to see this after all these years. I must say, I think it’s a shame this didn’t become a full series because even though it’s still limited animation, I actually think this captures the spirit of the original Stooges shorts a lot better than THE NEW THREE STOOGES did. More slapping, more slapstick overall, this actually was very entertaining. Of course, having Mel Blanc do the character voices helps as well.
“I’ll take a milkshake...with sour milk!” -Shemp (Punchy Cowpunchers, 1950)

My blog: https://talk-about-cinema.blogspot.com

Offline falsealarms

So glad to finally be able to see this after all these years. I must say, I think it’s a shame this didn’t become a full series because even though it’s still limited animation, I actually think this captures the spirit of the original Stooges shorts a lot better than THE NEW THREE STOOGES did. More slapping, more slapstick overall, this actually was very entertaining. Of course, having Mel Blanc do the character voices helps as well.

And even though it was just a few years before the NEW THREE STOOGES, they all seem so much more energetic and livelier here.

Listen around 1:17-1:20 in for a brief piece of music later used in KOOKS TOUR. You can hear that same kind of transition around 3:45 here: