Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Live where Groucho did!

Offline falsealarms

If you have about $13 mil, you can say that you're the new owner of a former Groucho Marx residence:

Story

Coldwell Banker listing page

xraffle

Wow, that is a nice house! All the rooms are HUGE! And it has a swimming pool too!! Anyone have $13 million they're willing to give me? Oh wait, never mind. It'll just put me in a higher tax bracket. ;D

Offline metaldams

I'd never live in a house that would accept me as an owner.

That said, a $13,000,000 price tag would not accept me.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline falsealarms

I'd never live in a house that would accept me as an owner.

That said, a $13,000,000 price tag would not accept me.

Now that sounds just like Groucho.

Offline StoogeTrio

Offline curlysdame

If you don't have that much money, you can buy Curly's old house priced in the 700's

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/reb/1366383166.html

I remember hearing about Groucho's house up for sale, on the radio last Saturday.  I thought it was pretty cool.  I figured it must be quite a joint, for 13 MM.  That, and 'Capt. Spaulding' lived there for 20 years.   [cool]

But Curly's house, I can definitely see him living in a place like that.  I dunno, just something about the look of the place from the outside (although I'm postive it's had major work done on the inside since Curly lived there).    :P
"Imagine five things like us in one room??  I can't stand it!" - Curly (Time Out For Rhythm 1941)

Offline archiezappa

Groucho's house is too big for my taste.  However, I love Curly's house.  I could totally see myself living there.  Too bad I don't have the money.

Offline curlysdame

Groucho's house is too big for my taste.  However, I love Curly's house.  I could totally see myself living there.

Same here.  I love the layout.  Curly's house is big enough, but not 'huge for the sake of huge,' you know?  I wonder what year he lived there.  With Groucho's house, although it's a beautiful piece of property, I wouldn't know what do to with all that space.    :P
"Imagine five things like us in one room??  I can't stand it!" - Curly (Time Out For Rhythm 1941)

Offline archiezappa

I wonder what year he lived there.

Good question.  I wonder if any of these Stooge historians on here can determine exactly when Curly lived at this residence.  Anyone?

Offline curlysdame

Good question.  I wonder if any of these Stooge historians on here can determine exactly when Curly lived at this residence. 

Too bad the address isn't given in the listing.  I don't know why, but as soon as I saw the pictures, I wondered if it was 'the house on Ledge St.,' the residence Curly lived in during that awful, third marriage.  Who knows, though.  He went through houses like kleenex.

Offline archiezappa