Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Chico Marx and the Little Rascals

Offline archiezappa

Are my eyes deceiving me?  I could swear, but that's a bad habit!  It looks like Chico Marx is portraying a store keeper in the Little Rascals short "A Lad An' His Lamp."  He was in a few scenes.  The first scene, I thought I was wrong.  But in the final part of the short, he comes back and I got a better look.  It's got to be Chico.  He's got a fake mustache on, but still retains the Italian accent.

Chico with a mustache gives off the same effect as it did in the movie "Duck Soup."  When my daughter saw him (she was also watching the short) she thought it was Groucho!

Correct me if I'm wrong...

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
Correct me if I'm wrong...

The storekeeper was played by character actor Harry Bernard (who also played a policeman in the same short).

Offline archiezappa

The storekeeper was played by character actor Harry Bernard (who also played a policeman in the same short).

Really?  Hmm.  I'll need to go back and take a closer look.  Just give me this:   [pie]

Offline Smaug

He's got a fake mustache on, but still retains the Italian accent.

Chico with a mustache gives off the same effect as it did in the movie "Duck Soup."  When my daughter saw him (she was also watching the short) she thought it was Groucho!

With moustaches, I can't tell ANY of the Marx Brothers apart. Even Zeppo!

Harry Bernard is also in The Kid From Borneo and Birthday Blues (store proprietor, actually), good excuse for me to watch all three and compare.

*edit-spelling!