Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Monogram Pictures Corporation

Offline Sadistic Stooge

Just wanted to know if anyone has any info on who owns the rights to Monogram Pictures Corporation Films 3 OF A KIND , CRAZY KNIGHTS , Trouble Chasers?

Never got to see any of these movies and was wondering if they will ever see the light of day on DVD ?

Thanks  .......

Offline Sadistic Stooge

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
Do you think they will ever be on DVD or TCM ?

Monogram Pictures
Assuming WB even has prints, they are probably of dubious quality. The amount of extensive research and work required to restore the film elements, and bring them up to the studio's quality standards, far outweighs any return WB might realize from a limited, niche market DVD release.

The three films have appeared on bargain-basement VHS over the years, from duped 16mm Astor re-release prints. Their most likely chance for a DVD release is for a Legend (or Passport, VCI, etc.) to gather the Astor prints, do some digital tweeking, and lease marketing rights from WB.

Offline Sadistic Stooge

Well maybe one day all 3 films will come out on DVD . I'm just a big fan of Shemp and I'm dieing to see more of his solo work .

Offline archiezappa

I saw "Three Of A Kind" on television about 17 or 18 years ago.  It came on a local station as mid-afternoon filler material.  It was pretty funny.  I remember the print they used was not perfect, but was highly watchable.  And, besides that, if they did just a little digital tweaking to make the films better, that's still much more than Universal did for the Marx Brothers.