Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Incorrect Quote in Rotation at Top of Site?

Offline locoboymakesgood

Ok I haven't seen Micro-Phonies in a few months, but isn't the quote:

Larry: Do you know Six Steps From Lucy?
Drunk Pianist: Know it? I wrote it!

I always thought that was what transcribed since that's one of my most-quoted lines. I'd hate to have it wrong if this is what it is (according to the site)...

Larry: Do you know Six Steps From Lucy?
Drunk Pianist: Play it? I wrote it!

Who's right.  ???
"Are you guys actors, or hillbillies?" - Curly, "Hollywood Party" (1934)

xraffle

Taken from my transcription:

LARRY: Say, you know, “Sextet From Lucy?”
DRUNK PIANIST: [in a slurred manner] Know it? I wrote it!

I can assure you that what I transcribed is accurate.  ;D

I made the change in the "Quotes" section.

Offline locoboymakesgood

Wow, and I've been saying "Six Steps" for all these years. I think it sounds funnier that way haha.

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
Good catch, loco!  I just watched that one again fairly recently and I'm sure you're right, X.  (Thanks for getting that updated right away.)   ;)

And wow!  I just realized that we're up to 586 quotes in the database now.  Not bad, considering there was only 110 quotes when I first set up the table (on October 22, 2004 - the day I relaunched the site after the Big Crash in August of that year.)  I only opened up the Quotes feature to the members in April 2006, so we have been averaging a dozen new quotes every month.

xraffle

It's actually called the "Lucia Sextet."

Here's a nice little encyclopedia:
http://www.statemaster.com/encyclopedia/Three-Stooges#Music

In the "Music" section, you'll see this:

The “Lucia Sextet” (Chi mi frena in tal memento?), from the opera Lucia di Lammermoor by Gaetano Donizetti (announced by Larry as “the sextet from Lucy”), is played on a record player and lip-synched by the Stooges in Micro-Phonies. The same melody re-appears in Squareheads of the Round Table as the tune of “Oh, Elaine, can you come out tonight?”. Micro-Phonies also includes the Johann Strauss Jr. waltz “Voices of Spring” ("Frühlingsstimmen") Op. 410. Another Strauss waltz, "The Blue Danube," is featured in Ants in the Pantry and Punch Drunks.

Something similar was said in Wikipedia, but I didn't want to quote that since that website isn't the most reliable source to use.

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
The same melody re-appears in Squareheads of the Round Table as the tune of “Oh, Elaine, can you come out tonight?”.

LOL!  I can't believe that I never made that connection before!  (It's seems so obvious now that I've read that.)   :-[

Learn something new every day!   ;D

Offline locoboymakesgood

Wow, that's crazy. I never knew that either! So now I know the real quote along with an interesting anecdote. Thanks, x.

I think the way Larry says sextet is what throws me off. That and Six Steps From Lucy instead of Sextet sounds more like a Larry line. ;D

Offline FineBari3

I guess you heathens don't know your opera!

I studied opera in college, and people were wondering whey I was laughing when we saw the opera Lucia di Lammermoor, and the 'sextet' came up!
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson