Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Observation

· 17 · 3555

chad2411

Just watched "Idiots DeLuxe"..  Larry has a lot of speaking roles in this short.  Honestly his voice is kinda annoying.  Is this the most he speaks in any of the shorts?  Anyone, anyone?

Bueler, Bueler!

Offline archiezappa

I never thought about it, but i wonder which episode has Larry's biggest speaking part.  Or, his biggest role.  "Idiots Deluxe" was one of his bigger roles.  Another one where he has a big role is "He Cooked His Goose."

Offline falsealarms

I never thought about it, but i wonder which episode has Larry's biggest speaking part.  Or, his biggest role.  "Idiots Deluxe" was one of his bigger roles.  Another one where he has a big role is "He Cooked His Goose."

Woman Haters?

xraffle

What about "Three Loan Wolves?" The entire short pretty much is focused on him. I think that was mainly due to the fact that Curly couldn't handle the large role at the time because of his health.

chad2411

"Woman haters" is a very good example.  IMO, that short isn't even on the board with the other shorts even though it was their first.  In today's world if I saw a pilot for a TV show that annoying I would never watch it again.  (Kinda like "The Office").  Remember IMO, LOL..

Offline stooge1029

Larrys voice is annoying? I love his voice, its perfect for delivering one liners. Ive begun appreciating what Larry adds to the team more now that Im older watching these shorts, he is the perfect middleman.

chad2411

Well I didn't say I didn't like his voice, it is just annoying.  (Kinda like as a kid, mom yelling for dinner time).  I agree he was and is the best middle man of all time.

Offline locoboymakesgood

The only reason I even like Three Loan Wolves is because of the major role Larry had in it. Cuckoo on Choo Choo, as bizarre as it is, is a classic for the way Larry acts like a drunk idiot.
"Are you guys actors, or hillbillies?" - Curly, "Hollywood Party" (1934)

xraffle

You guys ever notice that Larry actually has more speaking parts in the Shemp shorts? With the Curly shorts, they pretty much gave all the parts to Curly and Larry just stands there most of the times. Then once in a while, he will just say a line or two. But in Shemp ones, the parts were more evened out.

Dog Hambone

The only reason I even like Three Loan Wolves is because of the major role Larry had in it. Cuckoo on Choo Choo, as bizarre as it is, is a classic for the way Larry acts like a drunk idiot.

He does kinda act like a drunk idiot, doesn't he? The weird thing is, this was supposedly one of Larry's favorite shorts because he apparently thought he was doing a Marlon Brando type role. 

chad2411

You guys ever notice that Larry actually has more speaking parts in the Shemp shorts? With the Curly shorts, they pretty much gave all the parts to Curly and Larry just stands there most of the times. Then once in a while, he will just say a line or two. But in Shemp ones, the parts were more evened out.

I have noticed that myself, between Curly and Moe, Larry is just a bystander..

Offline Moron4392

• Forever Shemp!!!!!!!!!!
  • Team Stooge
  • Puddinhead
  • Moronika For Morons
Dear Sir:

I beg to differ with you, it was not Larry who was the drunken idiot in Coo Coo On A Choo Choo, it was Shemp.  Thank you.  Sorry if I am a bother to you sir.

Thompson

Offline locoboymakesgood

Dear Sir:

I beg to differ with you, it was not Larry who was the drunken idiot in Coo Coo On A Choo Choo, it was Shemp.  Thank you.  Sorry if I am a bother to you sir.

Thompson
I thought Larry was the drunk in Cuckoo. Maybe I'm getting that confused with his drunken state in Love at First Bite. All I know is Larry drunk = comedy gold.

xraffle

I thought Larry was the drunk in Cuckoo. Maybe I'm getting that confused with his drunken state in Love at First Bite. All I know is Larry drunk = comedy gold.

No, Diane is right. It was Shemp. He was pretty much drunk in the entire short.

Offline locoboymakesgood

No, Diane is right. It was Shemp. He was pretty much drunk in the entire short.
Odd you didn't correct that before she did when I first mentioned it.

Thanks for the clarification.

xraffle

I thought you were referring to Larry's Marlon Brando type role, like what Dog Hambone mentioned. But either way, Shemp was the one that was drinking the liquor. He was drunk the entire short, which is why he was seeing Carrie, the canary.

Dog Hambone

Shemp was indeed the alcoholic in Cuckoo, but Larry's acting is still pretty weird. If he was, as he says, trying to emulate Brando, he didn't do a particularly good job.