Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

SHORT OF THE WEEK II

Offline BeatleShemp

I really liked the short of the week thing started last week.  So I want to pick up on it.  I closed my eyes and scrolled down the list of shorts and I came up with MONKEY BUSINESSMEN.  I know it's only Thursday, but I bet there'll be some reviews for it.  Same concept as the last short: click on the link below and hit the "reviews" tab.

http://threestooges.net/episode.php?id=92

Offline BeatleShemp

Okay, since it won't let me post a review there, I will do it here.  I liked MONKEY BUSINESSMEN despite the problems Curly had with it.  If Moe had to coach him line by line in the short, it's been edited to where it flows smooth.  I liked the part where Moe and Larry impersonate doctors by almost having to operate on Curly as well as that hilarious beginning where the Howards get shocked working on the electrical outlet.  Not the strongest in the Curly sick period, but certainly not the worst either.  Definitely a three poker for me.

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
Okay, since it won't let me post a review there, I will do it here. 

Try logging out of the forum and then logging back in.  You should be able to post a review on the episode page, but the cookie that page is looking for may be deleted or expired (or IE just gets confused.)

Offline metaldams

I really liked the short of the week thing started last week.  So I want to pick up on it.  I closed my eyes and scrolled down the list of shorts and I came up with MONKEY BUSINESSMEN.  I know it's only Thursday, but I bet there'll be some reviews for it.  Same concept as the last short: click on the link below and hit the "reviews" tab.

http://threestooges.net/episode.php?id=92

I'll guess we'll keep the concept.  Thanks for the interest.  I thought Michael Jackson's death kind of took over the first one.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline BeatleShemp

Ooh, I didn't think about Michael Jackson's death.  I knew that he was a huge Three Stooges fan, doing a paper on Curly when he was in grade school.  Sorry about that, but I really like the short of the week thing.  Hope I didn't overstep picking the next short.  I'd really like to be a help on this topic.  Thanks a bunch.

Offline metaldams

Ooh, I didn't think about Michael Jackson's death.  I knew that he was a huge Three Stooges fan, doing a paper on Curly when he was in grade school.  Sorry about that, but I really like the short of the week thing.  Hope I didn't overstep picking the next short.  I'd really like to be a help on this topic.  Thanks a bunch.

No, you're fine, I'm glad you brought this review thing back up. You misunderstood me.  I was saying how Michael Jackson's death completely took over the board for a few days and made people forget about the first SHORT OF THE WEEK segment.

I'll have my review in tonight.  Not a classic, but this review will be much more positive than SELF-MADE MAIDS.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline BeatleShemp

We're cool.  Can't wait to see what short will be for next week.

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
I just modified the script that processes the fan reviews on the episodes to auto-approve submissions from any member above the rank of Porcupine.  I'll still be reviewing new submissions, but you won't have to wait for an approval to see your review on the episode page.  (Sorry, Porcupines, but them's the breaks - we've had too many problem posters in the past - say that three times, fast  ;) - to let newbies auto-approve until we get to know you.  10 posts isn't so hard.)   ;D

I'm still looking into blending the fan reviews into the Forum in the future so we could have individual boards to discuss every episode.  I just want to be sure that it won't bog the Forum down in the process.   :-\

Hopefully this modification will make it even easier to carry on this "Short of the Week" idea.  My suggestion for future threads is to review the Video Pick of the Week on the Home page, but feel free to choose others (there are only 52 videos available anyway.) 

I love this idea.   [thumbleft]

Offline locoboymakesgood

I just submitted my review. I love the thread concept, I hope we can garner enough interest to keep it going as a weekly topic.
"Are you guys actors, or hillbillies?" - Curly, "Hollywood Party" (1934)

Offline metaldams

Just posted my review.  Thanks to the others who are posting reviews, and to those who aren't, please do.  Thanks to BeatleShemp for reviving this as well.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

Sooooooooo, any more takers?  A one or two paragraph review with a tad bit of thought shouldn't be too difficult to pull off.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Justin T

I was planning on doing a review but have had no time this week.

I'll try and post one tomorrow.

Lets keep the discussion going people. [pie]
"Moronica must expand! We must lend our neighbors a helping hand. We must lend them two helping hands, and help ourselves to our neighbors!"
Moe in "You Natzi Spy!"

Larry: Say, when I come back I’ll give you a password.
Moe: Brilliant, what’ll it be?
Larry: Open The Door!
"Studio Stoops"

Offline metaldams

I'll hold this round 'til Sunday, hopefully there'll be more takers.
- Doug Sarnecky

xraffle

Ok, since I took tomorrow off from work, I was able to spend some time tonight to write a review for this short. I'll see if I can catch up and write one for "Self Made Maids" over the weekend.

xraffle

Sorry I'm a little late, but I wrote my review of Short of The Week I. I know it's kind of late to have a discussion on it, but I thought I'd write one up anyway in case some people were interested in reading what I had to say about it.

Bring on Short of The Week III!