General Boards > Read These First (FAQ)

This is perplexing! ("Maha" routine)

(1/3) > >>

qwest4fyr:
I remember a Stooge short, that had the boys in the Middle East. Its hard to remember everything, but I think Curly was mistook for a rich Arabian. He had a sucker that the other Arabian thought was a jewel of some kind. Moe was the interpreter. He would sit down next to Curly and repeat this phrase before asking Curlysomething...."Ma-ha', in which Curly would reply, "Ah-ha". Moe would then ask, "Rahs-bania, yengy-bengy-foodgy.....that puddin-head, (refering to the other Arab), thinks that sucker is" the Jewel of something or another. I have watched numerous Stooge marathons and have yet to see this classic again. Can someone tell me what its name was? HELP

Dunrobin:
THREE LITTLE PIRATES (1946)

qwest4fyr:
Thats the one. Thanx!  :D To make a long story short, I remember telling my daughter about that one, when she was about 12 or 13 years old. I ve been trying to find it, off and on for a while. She is now 27 years old.

Senorita Rita:
Was it ever established whether the Stooges made up this routine, and/or if the gibbersh atually means anything? (The phrases are repeated in several shorts and TV appearances verbatim.)

wallawalla:
You asky-tasky so I'll try to answer... ;)

I thought I had read somewhere that is a mixture of Yiddish and doubletalk. They worked Yiddish into a few episodes - Larry's toast in Pardon My Scotch, and his lengthy spiel to the cop when dressed up as a Chinese laundry worker that ends in "...and I don't mean efsher."

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version