The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Every Breath You Take

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
Columbia Business School's Dean Glenn Hubbard sings about wanting Alan Greenspan's job that went instead to New Fed Chair Ben Bernanke.

Parody created by Columbia Business School students.

[youtube=425,350]3u2qRXb4xCU[/youtube]

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
I'm going to ask a question that will reveal my utter ignorance as to how the Fed Chair position operates. Can Bernanke be tossed or is it more like a Supreme Court Justice and he's there for life or until he decides to step down?
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
While the Federal Reserve is a privately-owned institution (it is not a government agency* at all, contrary to popular belief,) the Chairman and Board of Governors get technically nominated by the president and confirmed by the senate every four years.  I think Benny's current term is up in 2010.

* Wikipedia claims the Fed is a "quasi-public and quasi-private (government entity with private components)", but that's massively understating the fraud that is the "Federal Reserve."