Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Ed McMahon dead at 86

Offline falsealarms

By Todd Leopold
CNN

Ed McMahon, the longtime pitchman and Johnny Carson sidekick whose "Heeeeeeerre's Johnny!" became a part of the vernacular, has died.
Ed McMahon had suffered several health problems in recent years.

McMahon passed away peacefully shortly after midnight at the Ronald Reagan/UCLA Medical Center, his publicist, Howard Bragman, said Tuesday

McMahon, 86, was hospitalized in February with pneumonia and other medical problems.

He had suffered a number of health problems in recent years, including a neck injury caused by a 2007 fall. In 2002, he sued various insurance companies and contractors over mold in his house and later collected a $7 million settlement.

Though he later hosted a variety of shows -- including "Star Search" and "TV's Bloopers and Practical Jokes," McMahon's biggest fame came alongside Carson on "The Tonight Show," which Carson hosted from 1962 to 1992. The two met not long after Carson began hosting the game show "Who Do You Trust?" in 1957.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/TV/06/23/obit.mcmahon/index.html

Offline Justin T

That's some sad news, I thought he was great. Loved watching him and
Carson back in the 80's. Loved watching Star Search too.

RIP Ed, you will be missed.
"Moronica must expand! We must lend our neighbors a helping hand. We must lend them two helping hands, and help ourselves to our neighbors!"
Moe in "You Natzi Spy!"

Larry: Say, when I come back I’ll give you a password.
Moe: Brilliant, what’ll it be?
Larry: Open The Door!
"Studio Stoops"

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
I've said it before and I'll say it again, it not really sad when someone of that advanced age finally dies.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
Ed McMahon drunk
[youtube=425,350]QC-25xPmX7o[/youtube]
Budweiser spokesman
[youtube=425,350]cVvoSIHpOxQ[/youtube]
Carnac the Magnificent
[youtube=425,350]YcF_QlhIlww[/youtube]

Offline metaldams

I've said it before and I'll say it again, it not really sad when someone of that advanced age finally dies.

It is too sad!  I've been waiting for years to see him at my door with a $10,000,000 check, and it never happened!
- Doug Sarnecky