Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

NAME THIS EPISODE - WIN KUDOS

Offline casey0272

GREAT website!  I've been looking for the title of an episode and can't find it from the descriptions.  Here it is:  At the end of this episode, Moe, Larry, and Curly/Shemp (can't remember which one) are servers at a fancy dinner party.  (I think they were being groomed and tutored, but it's not the episode with the spring coming out of the couch.)  What I remember clearly is Moe approaching the dinner table balancing a cake on a platter, but as he turns the corner, he trips and hits the person sitting on the end of the table in the face with the cake on the tray.  It's so realistic it looks like it wasn't part of the skit.  A food fight ensues, but not immediately after he trips.  This is one of the Stooge scenes I play in my head to relieve nervousness or anxiety, and it works every time (anyone else do that?).  Thanks everyone, and looking forward to a reply.

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
... Moe, Larry, and Curly/Shemp (can't remember which one) are servers at a fancy dinner party.  ... Moe approaching the dinner table balancing a cake mashed potatos on a platter, but as he turns the corner, he trips and hits the person sitting on the end of the table in the face with the cake mashed potatos on the tray.

CRASH GOES THE HASH (1944)

Offline casey0272

THAT'S IT!  My memory is getting weak, though.  I thought it was a cake, not mashed potatoes.  Thanks!

Offline stoogology

OK, since I'm the new chucklehead on the block and don't get to post a new topic I guess I'll have to hijack this one.
Which episode(s) started off with the Moe flipping bubble gum hotcakes for breakfast and one gets stuck to the ceiling?

Dog Hambone

OK, since I'm the new chucklehead on the block and don't get to post a new topic I guess I'll have to hijack this one.
Which episode(s) started off with the Moe flipping bubble gum hotcakes for breakfast and one gets stuck to the ceiling?

[3stooges]
Bubble gum hotcakes? I don't remember those things at all! Nor do I recall Moe making hotcakes and flipping them in any of the shorts.
However, I do recall in "Movie Maniacs" that Curly was making "wheat cakes" aboard a train, flipped one up & it stuck to the ceiling, & then fell down onto Moe's face. Is that the one you're referring to?

Offline stoogology

Thanks, I guess that is the episode I was trying to remember but it seems like there was one where some bubble gum fell into the batter and then they were all sitting around the table trying to eat these rubbery cakes?

Dog Hambone

Okay, now I get it. You're probably referring to "All Gummed Up" and its remake "Bubble Trouble". That's when they were supposed to put marshmallows on Cristine McIntyre's marshmallow jumbo cake, but they put bubble gum on it instead. Then they all started coughing & blowing up bubbles. Shemp even made some bubbles come out of his ears!

Not to change to subject, but I never could figure out how Larry, in those same 2 shorts, ate that lit candle. I keep trying to see how he might have faked that, but it sure looks like he really ate it to me.