Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Question

Offline luke795

Does anyone know if any black and white movies or tv shows have been released on blu ray?

xraffle

Does anyone know if any black and white movies or tv shows have been released on blu ray?

The only one I can think of is "Casablanca."

Offline mark32570

I have Young Frankenstein
"For you, I have thee grand surprise"
"So do I, if you only knew it"

Offline locoboymakesgood

Metropolis is coming at the end of the year. So are some other Fritz Lang movies.

Although not B&W, Wizard of Oz and Gone With the Wind are coming to Blu, too.
"Are you guys actors, or hillbillies?" - Curly, "Hollywood Party" (1934)

Offline metaldams

Metropolis is coming at the end of the year. So are some other Fritz Lang movies.

Although now B&W, Wizard of Oz and Gone With the Wind are coming to Blu, too.

METROPOLOIS?  Is it a public domain cheapie or is a legit company releasing a good print?
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
METROPOLOIS?  Is it a public domain cheapie or is a legit company releasing a good print?

2003, Kino Video released a restored [with all known, surviving footage) and authorized version. They're putting out the Blu-Ray version later this year.

Offline locoboymakesgood

Kino is putting a lot of effort in to this. I think it will be the first silent film on the medium.
"Are you guys actors, or hillbillies?" - Curly, "Hollywood Party" (1934)

Offline metaldams

Thanks guys.  Yeah, I actually have the KINO DVD version, I'm just surprised they're going the Blu-Ray route.  It's my understanding silent films are selling even less than normal these days, but I guess METROPOLIS isn't just "any" silent film and I guess a good place to start.
- Doug Sarnecky