Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

TMD Season 2 Caucus

shemps#1 · 32 · 14176

Poll

Which Classic Comedy Team Should The Stooges Go Up Against In TMD Season 2?

The Marx Brothers
5 (35.7%)
Laurel and Hardy
7 (50%)
Abbott and Costello
2 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 12

xraffle

I've only seen the Marx Brothers in Movies, you know A Day at the Races, A Night at the Opera, Animal Crackers. Did they do any shorts?

No, they didn't.

Offline Liz

• Donald O'Connor's and Gene Kelly's #1 Fan
  • Puddinhead
    • The Psycho Ward's Classic Film Reviews - Request a film to be reviewed!
Personally, I like L&H more than the Stooges, and a big part of that is because of Stan (more on that if anyone asks).  But that's only a tiny bit more.  Both teams deserve equal respect, for they were both terrific.  I do find my attention is captured more with the Stooges' fast-paced slapstick more than L&H's slow-paced comedy with some slapstick thrown in.  But still, I love both equally, L&H a little more.
IT'S ALIVE!!!!

Offline WhyIOughta

• Beetlebrain
Ooooh, L&H....Classic stuff, just like the Three Stooges, IMHO....  ;D

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Well I told myself I wouldn't even consider this unless there are at least 13 votes and as of right now there are 13 votes. By a score of 7-5-1 L&H wins. What would be really cool is if we could get Bruckman or somebody else from the Laurel & Hardy boards would take the L&H side: a joint effort if you will.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline metaldams

• Global Moderator
  • Egghead
Well I told myself I wouldn't even consider this unless there are at least 13 votes and as of right now there are 13 votes. By a score of 7-5-1 L&H wins. What would be really cool is if we could get Bruckman or somebody else from the Laurel & Hardy boards would take the L&H side: a joint effort if you will.

Bruckman would be ideal.  No doubt.  He'd kick all our asses too.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
I was thinking perhaps one of the debate topics can be centered around The Yoke's On Me. I just watched this one off of the DVD sets and boy is it a punch in the gut when you consider the tragedy that was the Japanese-American "Relocation Centers" (prison camps) during WWII.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline afcomser

• Applehead
I have noticed how common it was to de-humanize the enemy during WWII era. However I've noticed that L&H were one of the very few comedy teams that never touched on the subject, most of there wartime flicks were based on making fun of army life. I've always wondered why, perhaps they realized that the Germans, Japanese, and Italian people were Just Like us.
Well Open The Door Squirrel Bait!!