Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Fan Club Meeting

Guest · 23 · 6685

Offline JazzBill

Anybody from here planning on attending the meeting this week-end ?
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

Offline fasteddiek

[3stooges] Yep, the wife and I are heading up to PA tomorrow, this will be our first and we are looking forward to it. I've collected autographs for years, and been a fan of the Stooges since I was a kid in the early 60's. I just started collecting their memorabilia the past year or so. I hope to add some autographs to my collection this weekend and hope to pick up some memorabilia from dealers and the auction. Anyone have any idea how big an auction they usualluy have?? I look forward to a good time. Regards- Fast Eddie

Offline locoboymakesgood

Unfortunately no.. another year where I can't make it. Given I still don't have regular work flying cross-country isn't in my budget. Maybe next year.
"Are you guys actors, or hillbillies?" - Curly, "Hollywood Party" (1934)

Offline fasteddiek

[pie] I was wondering if Shemp's Grand daughter has ever been invited to the East Coast Convention? Her boyfriend occasionally will have a Shemp related item for sale on eBay.

Offline FineBari3

[3stooges] Yep, the wife and I are heading up to PA tomorrow, this will be our first and we are looking forward to it. I've collected autographs for years, and been a fan of the Stooges since I was a kid in the early 60's. I just started collecting their memorabilia the past year or so. I hope to add some autographs to my collection this weekend and hope to pick up some memorabilia from dealers and the auction. Anyone have any idea how big an auction they usualluy have?? I look forward to a good time. Regards- Fast Eddie

Cool! I usually help out with the registration on Saturday morning.  I won't be there until Friday evening, but I'll be in the bar I'm sure!

The auction is right after the banquet; you can come into the banquet room for it after dinner if you aren't attending.  The auction is fun, as insults are usually hurled or running commentary is yelled out.  It is difficult to tell for me, because I do not collect, but the items seem to be things that were on sale by the dealers that day. I just depends on what sells and what does not for which items are in the auction.

Check out the 'gallery' section on this website. I put 8 pictures from last years Fan Club Meeting on!

Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

Offline fasteddiek

Cool! Look forward to meeting you Roxy! We are coming in today so we can relax for the night and hit the Stoogeum Friday. We are attending the banquet also.
regards
fast eddie

Offline JazzBill

See you there. I just finished packing my bike and will be leaving in a few minuets.

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
We are coming in today so we can relax for the night and hit the Stoogeum Friday.

A ragtag group will leave the hotel between 11-11:30AM Friday, and head to Jon's Bar & Grille in Philly for lunch. At 3rd & South St., the restaurant was once the Feinberg residence (existing, same structure). The group will be heading back by 2:30PM to beat the traffic... some back to the hotel, some to The Stoogeum.

Stoogeum hours on Friday are 12PM - 5PM and 7:30PM - 10PM.  Plenty of time to do Jon's and the museum.

Offline FineBari3

Cool! Look forward to meeting you Roxy! We are coming in today so we can relax for the night and hit the Stoogeum Friday. We are attending the banquet also.
regards
fast eddie

LOL...I have the knickname Roxy Monoxide on my info because it is an obscure Simpsons reference. My name is actually Mar-Jean!

Yes, by all means, go to Jon's on Friday for lunch. I won't be going this year, but I usually go. The group of knuckleheads is usually outside on the patio.

Bill.....nice weather for a long bike ride!!!!!
Mar-Jean Zamperini

Offline Justin T

Unfortunately no.. another year where I can't make it. Given I still don't have regular work flying cross-country isn't in my budget. Maybe next year.

Same here, I was hoping to go this year but I can't afford it right now. Hopefully next year I can make it.

Hope everyone has fun this weekend.
"Moronica must expand! We must lend our neighbors a helping hand. We must lend them two helping hands, and help ourselves to our neighbors!"
Moe in "You Natzi Spy!"

Larry: Say, when I come back I’ll give you a password.
Moe: Brilliant, what’ll it be?
Larry: Open The Door!
"Studio Stoops"

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
Same here, I was hoping to go this year but I can't afford it right now. Hopefully next year I can make it.

Hope everyone has fun this weekend.

I'm in the same boat as you guys.  I had really hoped to finally attend this year, but various family illnesses and car problems managed to eat up all of my savings that I had earmarked for the meeting.  Hopefully next year...   :-\

For all of you that do attend, please be sure to take lots of pictures and post them to the Forum Gallery for the rest of us to enjoy.

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
please be sure to take lots of pictures and post them to the Forum Gallery for the rest of us to enjoy.

I'm sure that some great pics will be posted in the next week... in the meantime, a brief report...

One of the best Fan Club Meetings, with guests that enjoyed the event as much as we enjoy their company...
 - THE THREE STOOGES MEET HERCULES' Quinn Redeker and Samson Burke. A return visit from our friend Samson, reconnecting with good memories and this new visit. Quinn has thoroughly enjoyed his time here, as has his fiance, going out of their way to meet everyone with smiles, handshakes, and abundance of good humor and stories.
 - Curly's grandchildren Brad & Darren Server (the sons of daughter Marilyn) plus Brad's daughter Lizzie and wife Denise, have become fast friends to everyone.
 - Regulars and friends Joan Howard Maurer and Paul Howard, Moe's children, are here. Plus Joan's boyfriend Jack, and Paul's wife Joanne and daughter Jennifer.
 - Also revisiting is comic book legend Joe Kubert (Sgt. Rock, Hawkman, Tarzan, Fax From Sarajevo, Tor), whose Stooge connections include being Norman Maurer's (and Joan's) lifelong friend, and co-editor/contributor to the Stooges comic books of the 1940s-1950s from St. John Publishing.

Sunday events at The Stoogeum with special presentations in the theatre about filming locations around L.A., 1940s color home movie footage filmed on the Columbia sets.  And The Stoogeum alone is a weekend event, with the magnitude of its 1890s - today contents.

From this site, we have garystooge, myself, Mar-Jean, JazzBill, Rich Finegan, and others I know I'm forgetting in attendance. Not here? Plan on 2010.

Offline drshock

I just returned from the 2009 Fan Club Meeting at the Stoogeum , This was my first event and I'm so happy that I live only about 30mins from The Stoogeum, Having loved The Boys for most of my 49 yrs and having  somewhere so wonderful right in my backyard is amazing. The Now & Then and the Lost Footage in Color was awesome thanks to Jim for putting it together and doing all the leg work finding the locations. And I also want to thank Gary for having us. I'm looking forward to many years of fun [3stooges]

Offline BenStooge9

Does anyone have the contact information for the guy who was running the films, i think his name might be paul?

Offline curlysdame

From this site, we have garystooge, myself, Mar-Jean, JazzBill, Rich Finegan, and others I know I'm forgetting in attendance. Not here? Plan on 2010.

I was there, too.  I have a pic or two that I'll be posting in the next couple of days.  I should be getting a few from Joan in the coming weeks, also.

Thanks for another great weekend, Gary!   [clap] [clap]
"Imagine five things like us in one room??  I can't stand it!" - Curly (Time Out For Rhythm 1941)

Offline FineBari3

This year's Fan Club Meeting was the biggest that I have seen in the seven years I have been in the club.  I helped out with registration, and I think was the biggest influx of new members in years.

I am a bad judge of numbers, but I think that 1 out of 10 was a new member, maybe even less!  It seems that every person I talked to was a new member!

I enjoyed talking to Darren Server, and he was so touched by all of the people he met over the weekend. I was near him and his group of family members at the Stoogeum, and overheard him say how fantastic all of the people here were and such. His feelings were very genuine about all of the warmth and affection given by the club members. He must have had absolutely no idea what to expect!  He said that he would be back next year too!

Special thanks goes out to Gary, for all of the time and passion he puts into this club and the incredible Stoogeum!

Mar-Jean Zamperini

Offline JazzBill

I just got home from the meeting. Had a great time. I was worried that there wouldn't be a good turnout because of the economy. Not so, there was a real nice turnout.  Another person from this site that showed up was the new guy "fasteddiek". He was there with his wife. I talked with them a lot. Real nice people.
I also would like to thank Gary and the people who help him for the work they do to make this successful.

Offline fasteddiek

[pie]Hey Bill! Yes, it was a Fantastic weekend!! I had a wonderful time, met some very cool people, got some very nice "stuff" for my collection, my only regret was not being able to see Jim Pauley's presentation on Sunday, we had to head back to MA as my daughter was at the RedSox game Sat. nite, fell and chipped the bone in her ankle, this is 2 weeks after getting 7 stitches in the other ankle( which got infected, 3 days of intrevenous anti biotics which ended yesterday). Anyway...next year we will attend (Hopefully Jim does it again) Paul Howards presentation was wonderful! Curly's great grandaughter (Lizzie) was something else, she kept me laughing any time I was around her. Jay "Moe"velli and the rest of the "Stooges" impersonators were AWESOME! This was my first (Of MANY) meeting and I am already planning for next year (I put $20 a week away for spending "foolishly" at the dealers room.
Gary Lassin does an OUTSTANDING job with this fan club meeting and we are all very fortunate to have him, plus thanks to all the other "Behind the scenes" people who make this meeting a success each year. WOW, if you have never been.....you don't know what a great time you are missing!!!! Thank-You to everyone involved!!

Offline FineBari3

I don't think I got to meet you, fassteddiek!

I missed curlysdame for the 2nd year in a row too!
Mar-Jean Zamperini

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead

Offline fasteddiek

I looked for you at Registration, but there was another lady there, and when I mentioned Roxy, I got the strange look LOL!.
Anyway, I was the tall (6'4") guy with the white curly T-shirt and glasses. The bar was way too packed Fri. nite to even get near it.
Hope to meet you next year!!
 [pie]

Offline FineBari3

I looked for you at Registration, but there was another lady there, and when I mentioned Roxy, I got the strange look LOL!.
Anyway, I was the tall (6'4") guy with the white curly T-shirt and glasses. The bar was way too packed Fri. nite to even get near it.
Hope to meet you next year!!
 [pie]

LOL....I am taking Roxy Monoxide off of my profile!

Hey, I was in the bar....for about 10 minutes around 8:30, until I realized that the music was giving me a headache. I went back in later on, when the music turned to 70's R&B, and it got a whole lot mellower.
Mar-Jean Zamperini

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
For all of you that do attend, please be sure to take lots of pictures and post them to the Forum Gallery for the rest of us to enjoy.

Highlights from my camera are now in the forum.