Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

The Master Debates IV: Three Stooges Movie

shemps#1 · 65 · 29462

Offline Justin T

• Toastmaster General
  • Birdbrain
OK, I'd like to start off by saying this is an incredibly hard argument to make on both sides, simply because this movie hasn't even been filmed yet!  That said, I'm afraid I'm going to give my vote to WHYIOUGHTA based on the fact that his argument will more likely be reality.

X, I appreciate the sentiment of your argument, but even if this film is a success, it will be a trend oriented one that will have no long lasting impact.  When The Three Stooges were huge with a new generation of TV youngsters in the 50's, there was a lot less media to choose from.  Today, we have 10,000 channels, tons of hip-hop to illegally download, more sex, more drugs, more alcohol, and brighter, shinier new movies to watch.  Trust me, youth culture could care less about old culture.  Even if they like the new movie, I highly doubt they'll care to check the old shorts.

WHYIOUGHTA, there's no proof of what you say will come true other than my gut instinct says you're probably right.  Living on this Earth for 30 years has told me two things:

1.) You can't recreate the old
2.) People who care about the old are in the minority

Well said Metaldams.

This was really, really hard to decide. I have to commend both Xraffle and WhyIOughta for doing incredible jobs in presenting their arguments.

I’m with Metal, I am hoping that X will be right. I plan on trying to be as optimistic as possible. But my
Gut tells me that Why is right on why this won’t work.

I hope not, but in the end his arguments won me over. I also give my vote to WhyIOughta
"Moronica must expand! We must lend our neighbors a helping hand. We must lend them two helping hands, and help ourselves to our neighbors!"
Moe in "You Natzi Spy!"

Larry: Say, when I come back I’ll give you a password.
Moe: Brilliant, what’ll it be?
Larry: Open The Door!
"Studio Stoops"

xraffle

Congratulations, WhyIOughta! You were a very challenging opponent and you did an excellent job proving your point.

Now that the debate is over and I lost, I would like to say a few things. To be honest, I’m still wondering whether or not I should even see this movie if/when it comes out. I guess it all depends on the previews and what the people say about it. But I may check it out, just out of curiosity. But Rob does bring up a good point about the toilet humor, which is not something I really want to see in a stooge movie.

From the very beginning, I had a feeling that the vote results were probably not going to be 4-0, mainly because (like what Doug and Rob said), the movie hasn’t even started yet. So each of us don’t really know for sure how the movie will turn out.

I really didn’t know whether I was going to win this debate or not. But seeing WIO’s argument made me realize right away that this guy is going to be one heck of a tough opponent to beat. But I figured, let me try it out and see if I can beat him. But like what Rob said, once WIO said “I don't need to taste a $hit sandwich to verify that it tastes like crap,” I knew right then and there that I’m just as good as dead.

So, congratulations again, WIO! Enjoy your Three Stooges Journal Subscription.

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
To make it official, by a score of 3-1, WhyIoughta, you sir are truly a Master Debater! I'd like to extend an invite to you to judge TMD V.

Speaking of TMD V, I am currently taking applications. The topic is: Would the Stooges still be remembered if Shemp had never left? See the announcement thread for more details.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline metaldams

• Global Moderator
  • Egghead
But Rob does bring up a good point about the toilet humor, which is not something I really want to see in a stooge movie.

Oh yeah, I agree, the toilet humor will no doubt ruin the film!

I'll be posting another farting preacher tonight.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline WhyIOughta

• Beetlebrain
To make it official, by a score of 3-1, WhyIoughta, you sir are truly a Master Debater! I'd like to extend an invite to you to judge TMD V.

Speaking of TMD V, I am currently taking applications. The topic is: Would the Stooges still be remembered if Shemp had never left? See the announcement thread for more details.

Thank you so much for the kind words and invitation, Shemps#1.  I'm so very happy to be declared the winner, it was a lot of fun, and I now do truly feel like a member of the group, by beating a VERY worthy opponent in this forum.   (I always loved debate in high school.....Feels good to shake off all the rust....grin)

I would be honored to judge TMD V, and would submit my name for the consideration of being verified as one of the 5 judgie-wudgies.  "Sign me up, my friend!"  And...thanks again.....

Offline WhyIOughta

• Beetlebrain
Congratulations, WhyIOughta! You were a very challenging opponent and you did an excellent job proving your point.

Now that the debate is over and I lost, I would like to say a few things. To be honest, I’m still wondering whether or not I should even see this movie if/when it comes out. I guess it all depends on the previews and what the people say about it. But I may check it out, just out of curiosity. But Rob does bring up a good point about the toilet humor, which is not something I really want to see in a stooge movie.

From the very beginning, I had a feeling that the vote results were probably not going to be 4-0, mainly because (like what Doug and Rob said), the movie hasn’t even started yet. So each of us don’t really know for sure how the movie will turn out.

I really didn’t know whether I was going to win this debate or not. But seeing WIO’s argument made me realize right away that this guy is going to be one heck of a tough opponent to beat. But I figured, let me try it out and see if I can beat him. But like what Rob said, once WIO said “I don't need to taste a $hit sandwich to verify that it tastes like crap,” I knew right then and there that I’m just as good as dead.

So, congratulations again, WIO! Enjoy your Three Stooges Journal Subscription.

Thanks so much, X...... I will truly love to read all of the articles and info in the "Three Stooges Journal" for one year.  From what I've seen it's info that's right up my alley, when it comes to the history of my favorite comedy teams, and can't wait to see it.  X, you're TOUGH, and I knew it before either one of us wrote one word in anger.  I had looked over the past TMD's, saw you had already won one of them...right then, I said to myself as I was sending the PM to Shemps#1 to enter one of the TMDs, "WIO, you had better be ready for this, or you're going to get barbecued."  I KNEW that I didn't want THAT to happen, because I had read a lot of the posts by all of the others, saw that they all knew what was goin' on in here, and didn't want the "Stooges population" of this board to witness me taking the pipe in one of these highly competitive debates......  (grin)

Now, to back-track, and discuss the just-completed TMD IV Debate.......... Like you, X, I, too, am interested in the finished product, if and when it's ever made.  BUT -- true to my word, I won't see it until it's on DVD.  I can't pay big $$$$ to see that $hit sandwich.   ;D  I also hope they don't play the 'toilet humor' card.  That'd be an even BIGGER mistake.......

The debate question actually had me torn -- I wanted YOUR side of the debate, because I thought I had a much better argument.  Then, when I got the "boycott" side of things, I thought to myself, "I can make this work, I think...Maybe..."  (Laugh)  All things considered, This whole thing was a blast....But, xraffle, we gotta quit battling each other in the odd-numbered debates, and team up to take on the BIG fish in the ocean, "The Metal One."  If WE keep squarin' off in even-numbered debates against each other, he'll avoid facing BOTH of us in a TMD format, and "that just wouldn't be right, now, would it?"    :laugh:

I shouldn't open my big yap here -- I can just see Shemps#1 putting together some format that uses X, Metal, Fillum, FineBari, and all the other debate participants, all in the same "ring" at the same time....Damn it!

xraffle

Now, to back-track, and discuss the just-completed TMD IV Debate.......... Like you, X, I, too, am interested in the finished product, if and when it's ever made.  BUT -- true to my word, I won't see it until it's on DVD.  I can't pay big $$$$ to see that $hit sandwich.   ;D  I also hope they don't play the 'toilet humor' card.  That'd be an even BIGGER mistake.......

Yeah, I rarely watch movies in theaters now. The last movie I saw in theaters was "Pirates of The Caribbean: At World's End." It wasn't worth the money as it wasn't as good as the first two movies. But I find $12 a ticket to be outrageous. I'll just rent the stooge movie when it comes out on DVD. Netflix or Blockbuster Online plans are pretty cheap, so it shouldn't cost much to rent it.

But, xraffle, we gotta quit battling each other in the odd-numbered debates, and team up to take on the BIG fish in the ocean, "The Metal One."  If WE keep squarin' off in even-numbered debates against each other, he'll avoid facing BOTH of us in a TMD format, and "that just wouldn't be right, now, would it?"    :laugh:

Good point. I'll pass on TMD V and VI. I would volunteer to debate in V, but I'm all worn out from this challenging round. But, I'll be sure to volunteer for VII so I can crush Metal!  [cool]

Offline WhyIOughta

• Beetlebrain

Good point. I'll pass on TMD V and VI. I would volunteer to debate in V, but I'm all worn out from this challenging round. But, I'll be sure to volunteer for VII so I can crush Metal!  [cool]

Wow, what an incredible idea.  Xraffle woulkd be environmentally friendly, by "Recycling Metal!"   >:D   You'd be making the "ThreeStooges.net site a GREEN site, and you'd be providing key carbon offsets at the same time.  X, you're a great American, doing your part to save the planet..... :D

(Although, anyone that uses Jim Helwig as his avatar can't be ALL bad.....Can he?   [3stooges]   )   

Offline metaldams

• Global Moderator
  • Egghead
Just for these comments, I'm not debating in MDV.  I'll see either WHYIOUGHTA or XRAFFLE in MD VI if Jim OK's it.  I don't care who it is, because you guys are a press slam and Warrior splash away from being a mere footnote in metal's quest from world domination, as I make my $1,000 vow of faith, I rule the wooooooooooorllllllldddd with the blood of the metal maniacs floating through the veins, brotha!  (snort)
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline WhyIOughta

• Beetlebrain
Just for these comments, I'm not debating in MDV.  I'll see either WHYIOUGHTA or XRAFFLE in MD VI if Jim OK's it.  I don't care who it is, because you guys are a press slam and Warrior splash away from being a mere footnote in metal's quest from world domination, as I make my $1,000 vow of faith, I rule the wooooooooooorllllllldddd with the blood of the metal maniacs floating through the veins, brotha!  (snort)

X, i'll toss ya to see who takes on "The Ultimate Snorter."    ;D

xraffle

X, i'll toss ya to see who takes on "The Ultimate Snorter."    ;D

Well what he just said are fighting words in my country. But since we’re not in my country, I can’t fight with him. ;D

Besides, you’ve proven yourself as a better master debater than me. So, you take him. If he still ends up winning again, then I’ll challenge him in the next round that he’s eligible to participate in.

xraffle

I tell you what! I'll reconsider and send an application for TMD V if you will, assuming it's ok with Jim. What do ya say?

Offline WhyIOughta

• Beetlebrain

Offline Herman

• Grapehead
Boycott. The movie just sounds like a terrible idea over all. It was the Stooges themselves that made the act funny. You can't just plug in other actors and hope to get the same result. The Stooges themselves had a hard time doing it after Curly and Shemp.

Offline sandmountainslim

• Grapehead
Boycott. The movie just sounds like a terrible idea over all. It was the Stooges themselves that made the act funny. You can't just plug in other actors and hope to get the same result. The Stooges themselves had a hard time doing it after Curly and Shemp.

Boycott was my initial idea but once I saw it in the theater I thought it was both funny and respectful to the original Stooges.   I was helluva lot better than the Three Robonic Stooges cartoon from the 70's and that idiotic Presidential video on You Tube a few years ago.    I liked it and my daughter liked it so we saw it in the theater, rented from Redbox and now have bought the DVD.   It was a worthy effort in my opinion.