Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Vol 5 shipping thread

Offline falsealarms

For at least one lucky person, their order has already shipped (bought at DVD Empire). But what about you?

Dog Hambone

I just ordered mine through Amazon, but it won't ship until March 17, 2009. I had it on my wish list & it had been listed for $16.99, but when I logged in today, it was $15.99! So I went ahead & pre-ordered it. But I don't mind waiting a few extra days to receive it if it means I can save a few simoleans.   

Offline dimelives

For at least one lucky person, their order has already shipped (bought at DVD Empire). But what about you?
And in response to your other post, I pre-ordered mine back in January as well. I highly recommend DVD Empire. They often have good prices, free and usually quick shipping, and they ship their products when stock arrives at their warehouse, meaning you can often times receive items before release date! :) When it comes time for the next volume, I'll definitely be ordering through them again.

Offline sgnhcs

http://www.tower.com/tower_search/search_1.cfm?keywords=three%20stooges

you should have ordered from tower.com

volyume 5 is 13.99  -  v1 v2 v3 v4 is 11.99 each

and free shipping for orders over 25 bucks

Offline falsealarms

I've heard mixed reviews about Tower. Amazon and DVD Empire are great, though.

Offline dimelives

Well I already have the other volumes, so the free shipping for them wouldn't apply to people like me =P :)

And I think DVD Empire doesn't charge tax either.

Offline locoboymakesgood

Tower is excellent.

EDIT: Why does it say Dual Disc? These aren't double-sided, are they? Are they skimping on a second disc?
"Are you guys actors, or hillbillies?" - Curly, "Hollywood Party" (1934)

Offline moglia

Caimen purchased Towers good name a year or so back.   I as well as many have found them to be sketchy at best. My last and final dealing with them ended in filing a claim of fraud with my card issuer against them. It's a big internet why take chances with those "wiseguys", when there are many vendors out there with sterling rep's.

Offline dimelives

Why does it say Dual Disc? These aren't double-sided, are they? Are they skimping on a second disc?
I think each disc is dual-layered, in order to fit more data on each disc. I believe the previous releases have all been as such.

Offline locoboymakesgood

Well they're definitely dual-layered. Otherwise there's no way they'd be able to fit all of that on to one disc.

DualDisc usually means content on the both sides of one-disc. I don't like that.
"Are you guys actors, or hillbillies?" - Curly, "Hollywood Party" (1934)

Offline Stooges#1

My shipment has arrived in Wilmington Ohio from Richmond Canada. If memory serves me correct it will either depart and come straight to Australia or go to LA and from their to Australia either way i should be getting this before release date.

Offline ArPharazon

Caimen purchased Towers good name a year or so back.   I as well as many have found them to be sketchy at best. My last and final dealing with them ended in filing a claim of fraud with my card issuer against them. It's a big internet why take chances with those "wiseguys", when there are many vendors out there with sterling rep's.

I worried when Amazon bought CDNOW.com several years ago.  CDNOW was always amazing for selection while amazon sucked (1999-2000 area), but it definitely improved Amazon for that kind of stuff.  Now the 3rd party seller thing gets you even better prices.

I have dealt with Caiman in the past, as a 3rd party Amazon seller, and I think once as an ebay seller.  Won't deal with them again.  Slowest shipping ever, consistently, and poor communication.  Many of the other Amazon 3rd party sellers, that are usually in the lowest 5 prices, ship fairly quick (Herman Street, MovieMars, -Importcds are the ones I use the most) and are good about returns.  I see EmpireDVDSale in there from time to time, but they're usually higher in price there.  Maybe I'll look at their direct site.  Also used DeepDiscount in the past too, good prices and free S&H, but tax because we're in the same state, but fast arrival.

I pre-ordered Vol.5 this time @15.99 (plus a couple other things from my wishlist to get the free S&H), I like Shemp, but I'm not as gonzo to have it ASAP like I was with the Curly's.

Offline Lefty

For the previous 4 volumes, each one arrived in ye olde maile box on the Friday following the release date.  So it looks as though the 20th will be the magic date. 

Offline BeatleShemp

Yeah, I preordered last month, and the estimated delivery dates are between March 20-24 for me.  I live in Missouri.  I think that when you pre-order something, you should get it delivered to you on the DAY that it's released.  Oh well, I can wait, or I CAN HARDLY WAIT. [pie]

Offline dimelives

Well they're definitely dual-layered. Otherwise there's no way they'd be able to fit all of that on to one disc.

DualDisc usually means content on the both sides of one-disc. I don't like that.
I highly doubt they're that DualDisc. It was probably just a misnomer. Cuz there's surely 2 discs. Look here: http://www.dvdempire.com/Exec/v4_item.asp?userid=99366471653827&item_id=1447486&searchID= AND here: http://www.amazon.com/Three-Stooges-Collection-Vol-1946-1948/dp/B001OXLGKA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1237065703&sr=1-1

Both say 2 discs, and it's really hard to believe that they'd need the space of two DualDiscs. So I wouldn't fear that this set is any different than the previous ones.

Offline Stooges#1

This is a bit of Richard's review on the HTF.

The 25 shorts in this collection are spread over two discs, each with its own slimcase

So there will be two single sided discs like the first 4 volumes. Not that the quote says anything about single-sided or double-sided but the set has a running time of 432 minutes so there wont need to be a double-sided disc.

ThumpTheShoes

Hi , what is HTF?

HomeTheaterForum.com.

I've been upgraded to "shipping soon" status, so it looks like I'll get this right on time!

Offline dimelives

This is a bit of Richard's review on the HTF.

So there will be two single sided discs like the first 4 volumes. Not that the quote says anything about single-sided or double-sided but the set has a running time of 432 minutes so there wont need to be a double-sided disc.
Yeah, there won't be. It was just a misprint or misnomer or something. No one should be getting all freaked out. Clearly, by this point, conformity is a very exact thing with these collection volumes. The chances they'd change it up like that at this point or later is slim to none.

Offline Stooges#1

My package has arrived at its destination in Melbourne, Australia. Hopefully i get it today there is no reason why i shouldnt.

Edit: My package is "With delivery courier" so i'll be able to give you guys a 100% answer on if both discs are double-sided or just one or none.

Offline Stooges#1

OK, after waiting for 6 hours for the courier to arrive he finally did.  [cool] And im happy to report that both discs in the set are single-sided exactly like the first 4 volumes.

Offline falsealarms

xraffle

Offline Stooges#1

THANK you ::)

If you looked back one page you would see that someone was confused on whether or not this set is double or single sided. Dont give me attitude because i answered the question.