Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Name that classic line!

WhyIOughta · 865 · 184551

Dog Hambone

Back on subject, my toin:  "If you didn't have TB, I'd be able to get this around ya."  "Whaddaya mean 'TB?'"  "Two bellies."

That's a funny one! Moe & Curly in "Three Sappy People".
  [buttkick]
Here's another one: "Don't breathe down my neck, I don't like it.
It's okay for you to do it; onions, too."

Offline curlysdame

Hmm, that sounds like Moe and Curly in "A Bird in the Head."

My toin:  "Well, you can always use it for a cheese knife."
"Imagine five things like us in one room??  I can't stand it!" - Curly (Time Out For Rhythm 1941)

Offline Lefty

That's a funny one! Moe & Curly in "Three Sappy People".
  [buttkick]

Sorry Dog Hambone, but it's a different title beginning with "Three".

Offline curlysdame

Sorry Dog Hambone, but it's a different title beginning with "Three".

Oh man, I can't believe I didn't see that before, either.  It's 'Three Smart Saps.'   [doh]
"Imagine five things like us in one room??  I can't stand it!" - Curly (Time Out For Rhythm 1941)

Dog Hambone

Oh man, I can't believe I didn't see that before, either.  It's 'Three Smart Saps.'   [doh]

Oops! I gave the wrong answer and curlysdame got it right. I should have waited for my answer to be confirmed before throwing out the next question. Boy, am I umday and not just in pig language. I'm umday in any language.

Let me try to redeem myself. Curlysdame, the answer to "Well, you can always use it for a cheese knife" is Curly from "Oily to Bed, Oily to Rise".

Since I already asked my question (after giving the wrong answer), I will now defer to whoever wants to go next.   

Dog Hambone

[cheers]

Well, since nobody has picked up the ball & started running with it, I'll go...

"You know, there's a thousand reasons why I shouldn't drink.
No kiddin'?
Yep, a thousand reasons. But I can't think of one right now!"

Offline FineBari3

I'm really getting into the recent DVD that I bought (Vol. 6), because I am seeing some shorts for the first time as opposed to the umpteenth time on my 15 year old VHS tapes.

I am hearing lines, usually by Shemp, that are hillarious, but I cannot remember them. I am going to have to start writing them down. I guess I have to watch them over and over to remember the lines!
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

Dog Hambone

You're on the right track, FineBari3. Shemp delivers the line, & the short is on Volume 6.

Dog Hambone

Well, looks like nobody knows the answer or nobody cares. The line is from Baby Sitters Jitters.
Otay (as Buckwheat would say), somebody else can try the next one.

[banghead]

Offline Sr. Peedro Alvarez

Remember, money ees no object....so long as eet's cheap!
Glad To Meet Me.

Dog Hambone

Remember, money ees no object....so long as eet's cheap!

Lessee, I think that is your namesake, Senor "Peedro" Alvarez in his phone call to Seamus O'Brien in What's The Matador.
"I mean these other idiots were bigger idiots.
Who's an idiot?
I mean..., I don't know what I mean!"

Dog Hambone

No takers? That exchange is from the same short, What's The Matador. 

[pie]

How about another one?

"Do you have a haddock?
No. but I get a little attack here every time I eat too much."

Dog Hambone

Cookoo Cavaliers (1940)

Correct, Prof! From when they were fish salesmen before they went to Mehico to open the beauty saloon.

Your prize, other than an "attaboy", is to go next. 

Offline ProfessorStooge

Let's try this line:

Moe: "Is this my dinner"

Curly: "Why soitenly. fricasseed bone."

Moe: "Since when do I look like a dog?"

Curly: "I don't know. I ain't seen ya lately"

Offline Sr. Peedro Alvarez

I believe the episode is "Calling All Curs" with the dog known as Garson.

"This I like...and I get paid for it, too!"
Glad To Meet Me.

Offline curlysdame

"This I like...and I get paid for it, too!"

Larry, in "Rhythm and Weep."

My toin: 

Joe: "Come my friends, eat, drink and be merry!"
Curly: "Where's Mary?"

Offline JazzBill

Larry, in "Rhythm and Weep."

My toin: 

Joe: "Come my friends, eat, drink and be merry!"
Curly: "Where's Mary?"

Without watching it to make sure. I'll say it's Singapore Joe in "Saved By The Belle".

How about
Tweet tweet little birdie, I get it Doc..... we'll run em ragged and take them for every cent they got.
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

Offline curlysdame

Without watching it to make sure. I'll say it's Singapore Joe in "Saved By The Belle".

How about
Tweet tweet little birdie, I get it Doc..... we'll run em ragged and take them for every cent they got.

Yep, yep.

..That's Cy Schindell in 'Monkey Businessmen.' 

My toin:  "No thank you, Sappington.  I'm allergic to pastry."

Offline locoboymakesgood

Yep, yep.

..That's Cy Schindell in 'Monkey Businessmen.' 

My toin:  "No thank you, Sappington.  I'm allergic to pastry."
Simona Boniface as Mrs. Smythe-Smythe to Emil Sitka as Sappington the Butler in Half-Wits Holiday.

Here's mine:
"Ah, ketchup. My favorite fruit!"
"Are you guys actors, or hillbillies?" - Curly, "Hollywood Party" (1934)

Dog Hambone

I believe the episode is "Calling All Curs" with the dog known as Garson.

I always thought that was spelled Garcon, probably because the dog is a poodle. In French, it means "boy", but it is also used to address a waiter in a French restaurant. The "c" is garcon has a little squiggly line at the bottom of it, meaning you pronouce it like an "s". I'm guessing Mrs. Bedford was trying to give her french poodle a french name. 

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
I always thought that was spelled Garcon, probably because the dog is a poodle. In French, it means "boy", but it is also used to address a waiter in a French restaurant. The "c" is garcon has a little squiggly line at the bottom of it, meaning you pronouce it like an "s". I'm guessing Mrs. Bedford was trying to give her french poodle a french name. 

Learn something new every day:  I always just assumed that Garçon meant "waiter", since that is the only way that I have heard it used.   ;)

Dog Hambone

Here's mine:

Jeez, that one's got me stymied. I can even hear it in my head, but I'll be darned if I can remember which short it's from. 

Dog Hambone

Here's mine:

Thanks to the recent release of Volume 8, I can say for sure that Larry says this in WHAM-BAM-SLAM in some of the new footage. Larry then pours the ketchup on his hotcakes followed by some mustard and whipped cream.
 [3stooges]
There are some other favorite fuits, too, such as cheese (PEST MAN WINS) and limburger (CUCKOO ON A CHOO CHOO).
 [pie] 

Dog Hambone

Okay, here's a new one:

"Come on! Now listen, Cap, you wouldn''t turn us out into the cold, cruel world? Supposing it was snowing, we'd freeze!"
"Yeah, it'd be cruelty to animals!"

[whisper]