Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Name that classic line!

WhyIOughta · 865 · 184564

Offline curlysdame

"Little fly upon the wall, Ain't ya got no clothes at all? Ain't ya got no shimmy shirt? Ain't ya got no petti-skirt? Boo, fly, ain't ya cold?"

Is this a trick question, X?  Curly said it in "All The World's A Stooge" and Moe said it in "Nertsery Rhymes."

My toin (if the above answer is correct):  "Dr. Jekyll?  We must hide!!"
"Imagine five things like us in one room??  I can't stand it!" - Curly (Time Out For Rhythm 1941)

xraffle

Is this a trick question, X?  Curly said it in "All The World's A Stooge" and Moe said it in "Nertsery Rhymes."

Oops, sorry about that. I only saw "Nertsery Rhymes" once about 10 years ago when I bought it on VHS. I didn't like it, so I forgot all about it and never watched the video again. So the correct answer I had in mind was "All The World's A Stooge," which you got, so you're correct.

Offline MR77100

My toin (if the above answer is correct):  "Dr. Jekyll?  We must hide!!"

That is Shemp from "Spooks."

My toin. How about:
"I never forget a face."
"Well, you better go home sister,'cause you forgot it today!"

Offline curlysdame

My toin. How about:
"I never forget a face."
"Well, you better go home sister,'cause you forgot it today!"

That's Moe and either Brenda or Cobina (can't remember off the top of my head) in "Time Out For Rhythm."

My toin:  "I like him frosting and all."
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 06:14:29 PM by xraffle »
"Imagine five things like us in one room??  I can't stand it!" - Curly (Time Out For Rhythm 1941)

Offline JazzBill

That's Moe and either Brenda or Cobina (can't remember off the top of my head) in "Time Out For Rhythm."

My toin:  "I like him frosting and all."

Thats Minnie in "False Alarms".

How about " What kind of a fool do you take me for ?
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

xraffle

How about " What kind of a fool do you take me for ?

Why? Is there more than one kind? Anyway, LeRoy Mason (Joe) said that in "Saved By The Belle."

My turn and hopefully this line was only said in one short: "I ain’t gonna take my clothes off for anybody."

Dog Hambone

My turn and hopefully this line was only said in one short: "I ain’t gonna take my clothes off for anybody."

Curley in "Pardon My Scotch" after the hostess announces that the boys "are going to do their native dance".

How about this one: "To my Siamese representative, Mr. Ah Me. I..., I..., Aye Yi Yi Yi Yi".

Offline metaldams

How about this one: "To my Siamese representative, Mr. Ah Me. I..., I..., Aye Yi Yi Yi Yi".

HE COOKED HIS GOOSE.  I think the temperature was cold in the room during that scene.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Ectahoozis

Ok...above poster didn't include a quote...so allow me:
"No Ectawhatsis"
~sorry couldn't resist

Dog Hambone

[pie]
Larry in "Fuelin' Around".

Okay, my turn:
"Them is fightin' words in my country.
Well, let's fight.
We're not in my country!"

Offline curlysdame

Okay, my turn:
Well, let's fight.

Oh man!  I remember hearing this one and laughing.  I know it's Shemp, in... i'm wanna say 'Fright Night'?   ???

Offline Justin T

[pie]
Well, let's fight.

That's Shemp and I.Slipp in Hold That Lion! Very good stuff.

How about this one.

"Take this tape measure....ok, how many feet you got?" (looks down at this feet) "Two!"
"Moronica must expand! We must lend our neighbors a helping hand. We must lend them two helping hands, and help ourselves to our neighbors!"
Moe in "You Natzi Spy!"

Larry: Say, when I come back I’ll give you a password.
Moe: Brilliant, what’ll it be?
Larry: Open The Door!
"Studio Stoops"

Offline curlysdame

Ah, damn!  I totally see that scene now!   [pie]  Good catch, Justin T.

xraffle

That footage is also used in "Loose Loot."

Offline MR77100

That is Moe and Shemp is Fuelin' Around.

My toin! How about

"Yahhh burglars!!"

Dog Hambone

My toin! How about
"Yahhh burglars!!"

That's a tuff one 'cos I seem to recall that gag being used more than once. The one that comes to mind is in "Higher Than A Kite" when Curly, sitting in the driver's seat of the captain's car, looks at Moe & says "boiglars!"  after Moe conks him on the head with a wrench. Moe still has some black exhaust soot on his face that looks like a burglar's mask. Moe conks him again & Curly then says "I didn't know it was you, Moe."

Am I right or were you referring to a different short?

Dog Hambone

Well, since there's been no response in a couple of weeks, I'll throw out a new one:

[violent4]

"This bed once belonged to Henry the Eighth.
 That's nothin'. We got a bed that goes back to Sears Roebuck the Third."

Offline metaldams

Well, since there's been no response in a couple of weeks, I'll throw out a new one:

[violent4]

"This bed once belonged to Henry the Eighth.
 That's nothin'. We got a bed that goes back to Sears Roebuck the Third."

HEALTHY WEALTHY AND DUMB, I think.  It's the one when they trash the bed in the hotel.  I think they use that line in A MISSED FORTUNE as well, the Shemp remake.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline curlysdame

It is "Healthy, Wealthy, and Dumb," metal.  It was James C. Morton, and Curly.

I'll throw on out there:  "I got married so I could retire."

Dog Hambone

I'll throw on out there:  "I got married so I could retire."

Wow, I'm not 100% sure about this one, but I think that line is from "The Sitter Downers".

Dog Hambone

Well, it's been a week now & my guess hasn't been confirmed, so I guess I'll throw out a new one:

"He was falsely accused. But he's honest! Honest, he's honest!"

Offline curlysdame

"He was falsely accused. But he's honest! Honest, he's honest!"

That'd be from 'So Long, Mr. Chumps.'  Dorothy Appleby's  line.

My toin:  "For you I have zee graaand suprise!"  "So have I, if you only knew it."

Dog Hambone

My toin:  "For you I have zee graaand suprise!"  "So have I, if you only knew it."

Sounds like Bud Jamison & Curly in "Whoops! I'm An Indian".

Okay, next one:
"Stop it! Stop it right now, you disgraceful vagabonds!"

Offline curlysdame

"Stop it! Stop it right now, you disgraceful vagabonds!"

Hmm, I know it's from 'Half-Wit's Holiday.'  Jeez, I wanna say Symona Boniface said it...?

Offline Lefty

Hmm, I know it's from 'Half-Wit's Holiday.'  Jeez, I wanna say Symona Boniface said it...?

Actually, it was Helen Dickson (Mrs. Gotrocks) who said it.  BTW, she died on 5/8/1956, making her "appearance" on "Pies and Guys" yet another post-mortem, as it were.

Back on subject, my toin:  "If you didn't have TB, I'd be able to get this around ya."  "Whaddaya mean 'TB?'"  "Two bellies."