Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Name that classic line!

WhyIOughta · 865 · 187890

Offline Rich Finegan

I call FOUL. Lines have to be taken from a Three Stooges short. Read the original post:

That last one (from Moron4392) actually is from a Three Stooges short, but an MGM short: PLANE NUTS (1933).
Or, should this be limited to only Columbia Three Stooges shorts?

Offline Dr. Hugo Gansamacher

That last one (from Moron4392) actually is from a Three Stooges short, but an MGM short: PLANE NUTS (1933).

How can a short with only Shemp in it be called a "Three Stooges short"? The term has to mean a short with the Three Stooges---i.e., the comedy act known as "the Three Stooges"---in it. It can't possibly mean "short movie with one or more of the comic actors who at one time or another appeared as members of the Three Stooges." That is stretching terms absurdly.

Offline metaldams

How can a short with only Shemp in it be called a "Three Stooges short"? The term has to mean a short with the Three Stooges---i.e., the comedy act known as "the Three Stooges"---in it. It can't possibly mean "short movie with one or more of the comic actors who at one time or another appeared as members of the Three Stooges." That is stretching terms absurdly.

PLANE NUTS does not have Shemp in it.  It has Moe, Larry, and Curly with Ted Healy and is a 1933 MGM short. 
- Doug Sarnecky

PLANE NUTS does not have Shemp in it.  It has Moe, Larry, and Curly with Ted Healy and is a 1933 MGM short. 

I was confused because Moron43-whatever said that it was a Shemp solo short and I did not understand that Rich was correcting him on that point.

Offline angus_616

It's your turn to post the next line.

Offline Rich Finegan

It's your turn to post the next line.
Okay, here's an easy one:

"Here's a post that shouldn't be here."

Offline MrHaroldG2000

Marcia Healy in The Sitter Downers

[bump]

My toin...
"Don't you know it's bad etiquette to reach in front of a person when said person is trying to snag a morsel of food?"
MOE, LARRY, THE CHEESE!!!

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography

Quote from: Rich Finegan on Today at 05:25:43 AM

Marcia Healy in The Sitter Downers

I haven't pulled out the DVD to check, but wasn't that June Gittelson who said that line?   :-\

Dog Hambone

Rob is right, MHG2K, that line was said by June Gittelson.

And the answer to the last quote is Moe in VIOLENT IS THE WORD FOR CURLY.

[argue]

So here's a new one:
"Cut it out! You wanna give me 'ear'ysipelas?"
(this was a pun on the word erysipelas)

Offline MrHaroldG2000

Rob is right, MHG2K, that line was said by June Gittelson.

My bad, I was paying too much attention to the transcript on this site. It said that the line (the very last spoken words in the film) was said by Flora Bell, who was played by Marcia Healy. I just as easily could have only stated the film the line came from, and left it at that.  [doh]

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
I was paying too much attention to the transcript on this site. It said that the line (the very last spoken words in the film) was said by Flora Bell, who was played by Marcia Healy.

In this case, you can't go by the transcript, because the girls change names 3 times during the course of the short.

From "Goofs"...
The names of the Stooges' fiancees suddenly changes during this short. When the Stooges first arrive at the ladies' house and address the ladies' names, June Gittleson is Corabell, Marcia Healy is Florabell, and Betty Mack is Dorabell. Then a little later in the short when each Stooge draws one of the women's names from the hat, June Gittleson is suddenly Florabell, Betty Mack is Corabell, and Marcia Healy is Dorabell! Further complicating matters, when Marcia Healy is knocked out by the cement block, Curly calls her Corabell... Marcia played all three girls.

Offline Shemp_Diesel

So here's a new one:
"Cut it out! You wanna give me 'ear'ysipelas?"
(this was a pun on the word erysipelas)

I'm thinking Shemp from Don't Throw That Knife?

:P
Talbot's body is the perfect home for the Monster's brain, which I will add to and subtract from in my experiments.

Offline cpp

You're correct.  What threw me off at first was the 'cut it out', which doesn't appear on the transcript or on film, that I can find, as part of that exchange.

Offline Shemp_Diesel

"Always hitting, picking, doing that everything, alright.. he's one of those wiseguys."
Talbot's body is the perfect home for the Monster's brain, which I will add to and subtract from in my experiments.

Offline cpp

Shemp - 'Income Tax Sappy'

"If we see them, we shoot them between the eyes."  "No, in the back."

Offline MrHaroldG2000

"If we see them, we shoot them between the eyes."  "No, in the back."

They Stooge to Conga

My toin. This should be a relatively easy one...
"Everything happens to me!"

My toin. This should be a relatively easy one...
"Everything happens to me!"

Yeah, that's the guy who later turns out to be an Army sergeant in Boobs in Arms--Richard Fiske, according to the cast list on this site.

[3stooges]

New line:

"I don't mean you, sir; I mean these other idiots."

Offline Shemp_Diesel

John Tyrell from No Dough Boys

"I say Jasper, how's your tapeworm?"
"Oh, fine. It took the blue ribbon at Madison Square Garden last week."
"Fancy that."
"You fancy that."

Offline cpp

Moe & Curly - 'In the Sweet Pie & Pie'

"A train going to Kansas City, 120 miles per hour, what's the engineer's name?"

Offline MrHaroldG2000

"A train going to Kansas City, 120 miles per hour, what's the engineer's name?"

Larry in NUTTY BUT NICE

[pie]

My toin...
"I come home from a hard day's work...I whistle for the dog...and my wife comes out!"

Offline cpp

Curly - 'Yes, We Have No Bonanza!'

"I'm gettin' sick & tired of this job...I ain't gettin' anywhere."

Offline MrHaroldG2000

"I'm gettin' sick & tired of this job...I ain't gettin' anywhere."

Curly in Mutts to You

My toin again...
"Soitainly I'm sound asleep."
"Then why are you talkin'?"
"I'm talkin' in my sleep!"

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Curly & Moe from Movie Maniacs

"And it's 200 percent wool."
"200 percent?"
Yeah, these sheep lead a double life."

Offline MrHaroldG2000

"And it's 200 percent wool."
"200 percent?"
Yeah, these sheep lead a double life."

Shemp and Vernon Dent in SING A SONG OF SIX PANTS and again in RIP, SEW, AND STITCH

My toin...
"Every time you think, you weaken the nation."

Dog Hambone

My toin...
"Every time you think, you weaken the nation."

It seems to me that line is used in several different shorts, but the one I recall is when Moe says it to Curly in HALF SHOT SHOOTERS.
 [pie]
Here's a new one:
"I say, Jasper. Uh, what comes after seventy-five?"
"Seventy-six."
"That’s the spirit, hahahaha."