Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Post Your Picture!

Offline FineBari3

I never gave that much thought. To me its just a helmet.. I am certainly not pro Nazi or anything like that. But you bring up a good point, so I believe I will change the picture. I don't want to offend anyone here.

I meant where you were in Europe....wasn't the picture in Norway (I know you took it down already).  I just wondered if anybody in that country got offended that you had that helmet. Heck, it is a great design for a helmet; the US military even adopted a version of it!
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

Offline metaldams

I wish I could grow a goatee, but my mustache won't connect with the hair on my chin. I don't know if that will change as I get older, but it doesn't look like it will.

Two of my friends, both adults, only have to shave once a week!  Me, on the other hand?  I'm a quarter Italian and half Greek, no such luck.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
I gotta say though, and I'm being completely serious here, back when I had my goatee, and subtract 25 years and a smaller frame, I look a little like Rob

I am truly sorry for you, then.   ;D

(25 years ago my frame wasn't any smaller - I've been 6'3" since I was 20 - but it had a lot less on it, and it groaned and creaked a lot less, too.)   ::)

Offline metaldams

I am truly sorry for you, then.   ;D

(25 years ago my frame wasn't any smaller - I've been 6'3" since I was 20 - but it had a lot less on it, and it groaned and creaked a lot less, too.)   ::)

I wouldn't say exactly alike, but you can pass as a long lost uncle or something.

You are a lot bigger than me, though.  I'm only about 5'8" or 5'9".  I just turned thirty, and while I'm not close to obese, let's just say I can't wear that leather jacket I liked when I was twenty.  It happens to most of us.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
You are a lot bigger than me, though.  I'm only about 5'8" or 5'9".

Oddly, I was on the small size when I was a kid and didn't start to really shoot up until my mid-teens.  I joined the Army when I was 17 and grew another 3 inches while I was in.  Every damned year when we'd have dress uniform inspection I'd get chewed out because my uniform was too short again.

I just turned thirty, and while I'm not close to obese, let's just say I can't wear that leather jacket I liked when I was twenty.  It happens to most of us.

Don't be surprised if you find that you have two or three size groups in your closet by the time you're in your fifties.   ;)

Offline JazzBill

I meant where you were in Europe....wasn't the picture in Norway (I know you took it down already).  I just wondered if anybody in that country got offended that you had that helmet. Heck, it is a great design for a helmet; the US military even adopted a version of it!
That picture was taken in Holland Michigan not the country Holland. I thought you were hinting around because of the Stooges being Jewish that it would offend some people. That's why I took it down.
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

Offline JazzBill

I wish I could grow a goatee, but my mustache won't connect with the hair on my chin. I don't know if that will change as I get older, but it doesn't look like it will.

I can grow a decent beard but I can't grow it on my head anymore. If I could have my choice I would reverse that .  [cry]

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
Two of my friends, both adults, only have to shave once a week! 

I'm another one.  I've worn a goatee most of my adult life because that's the only part of my face that will grow a decent beard.  I usually just shave on Monday mornings, since even by the weekend I only have extremely light stubble on my cheeks.  I'm not complaining, though - I probably save a small fortune on razor blades and shaving cream!   ;D

xraffle

I'm not complaining, though - I probably save a small fortune on razor blades and shaving cream!   ;D

You sure do. My facial hair grows extremely fast. I have to shave every morning and it's annoying. But I hate using the manual razors and shaving cream. It irritates my face. I use the electric razor. It's faster, easier, and more convenient to use.

Offline mankey8284

Here's my pic for all who care  :D

[attachment deleted by admin]
"I'm trying to think and nothing happens!" ~Curly
"I lost my ba-lance." ~Larry
"I'll knock your head right through your socks" ~Moe
"There I am pretty as a picture. Yeah, of an ape" ~Shemp and Moe
"Is that the sun up there? I don't know I'm new in town" ~Larry and Curly
"You'll never know just what tears are, till you've cried, like you've made me cry"
"What stupid, imbecilic fool put that u--I did! Oh, am I dumb" ~Larry
"What a day." ~Curly
"Who is it?" ~Larry
"Do you know what that paper was? Hot?" ~Moe & Curly

Offline curlysdame

Here's a couple of my updated pics.  New commercial/theatrical headshots...

"Imagine five things like us in one room??  I can't stand it!" - Curly (Time Out For Rhythm 1941)

Offline Rich Finegan

aww, very pretty Sarah :)

If I may quote the eloquent Mr. Shemp Howard...
Dish? She's a flyin' saucer!

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
Did anyone ever tell you that you look a bit like Lucy Lawless?  I was just watching the final episodes of Spartacus: Blood and Sand yesterday with my brother, and I was immediately struck by the resemblance when I saw you photos this morning.   ;D

Offline Curly4444

Great pics mankey8284 & curlysdame. Im glad to see women stooges fans. When i was growing up, i didn't know too many female stooges fans. Girls didn't seem to like em. I guess times have changed for the better.

Offline metaldams

No prity girlz alowd.  This iz a boyz club. 5 cents to join, meetings will be held in the shack in Weezer's backyard.

No pictures of me, but for those of you who would like to feast your eyes on the Greek mythological godliness that is metaldams, here's a link to a thread of me doing some underrehearsed jamming with my boys.  I'm the long haired bassist in the Red Sox jacket.  Sadly, the drummer, a friend of 20 years, just moved to Hawaii this weekend, so I was at the going away party.  On the bright side, I now have a place to stay in Hawaii!

http://threestooges.net/forums/index.php?topic=3423.0
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline mankey8284

Thanks curly4444, haha metaldams. There are some girls who like the Stooges, not many but we are out there  ;D
"You'll never know just what tears are, till you've cried, like you've made me cry"
"What a day." ~Curly
"Who is it?" ~Larry

xraffle

aww, very pretty Sarah :)

I agree. ;D

Didn't know that there were any young females here.

Offline Curly4444

Thanks curly4444, haha metaldams. There are some girls who like the Stooges, not many but we are out there  ;D

I never understood the reasoning. Don't get why most girls don't like the stooges?

Offline metaldams

I was 20 years old before I realized it was possible for another human being not to find The Three Stooges funny.  I was informed by my girlfriend at the time, who was literally appalled by the fact I like The Three Stooges.  I'm not talking, "Eh, it's not my thing, but more power to you for liking them." I'm talking, "You're a f###ing idiot for liking that stuff."  That's when I learned.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

With a name like "curlysdame," were you picturing a lumberjack?  ;D
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline mankey8284

haha, I think most girls find them stupid, not funny. But I guess those girls have no sense of humor, because I think they are hysterical. Too much violence for those girls, which means they are no fun at all  [pie]
"What a day." ~Curly
"Who is it?" ~Larry

xraffle

With a name like "curlysdame," were you picturing a lumberjack?  ;D

I knew she was a woman, but I didn't know she was around my age, LOL! I was expecting that she was an older, middle-aged woman. Boy, was I wrong!

Offline JazzBill

You'd be surprised at how many women attended the Fan Club meeting this year. A lot more than you would think. Me on the other hand, I couldn't get my wife to attend for all the money in the world. ( Which is fine with me )

Offline FineBari3

Thanks.   [angry8]
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

Offline curlysdame

I was expecting that she was an older, middle-aged woman. Boy, was I wrong!

Haha, boy were you ever!  I wouldn't have picked a name I couldn't stand up to.   :P

You'd be surprised at how many women attended the Fan Club meeting this year. A lot more than you would think.

I was pleasantly surprised at the number of women who were at the Meeting this year.  In fact, the part of the entertainment at dinner on Saturday night was a recreation of the Slippery Silks fashion show.
"Imagine five things like us in one room??  I can't stand it!" - Curly (Time Out For Rhythm 1941)