The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Scary Thought for Today

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
I found this posted on The Radical Libertarian's blog today.  It puts what's going on in Washington D.C. into perspective - in a big way:

A Million A Day

365.25 days in a year
x 2009 AD
x $1,000,000
-----------------------
$733,787,250,000

If you spent $1,000,000 every day since the birth of Jesus, you still wouldn't have spent as much money as the proposed economic stimulus. This is the worst misallocation of money in the history of mankind by a very far margin.
(Embolding added)

I rechecked his math, and even added an additional 5 years (since experts tell us that Jesus had to have been born around 4 to 6 B.C.), but he's right.     :o

And people wonder why I despise government and politicians so much...   ::)

Offline metaldams

I found this posted on The Radical Libertarian's blog today.  It puts what's going on in Washington D.C. into perspective - in a big way:
(Embolding added)

I rechecked his math, and even added an additional 5 years (since experts tell us that Jesus had to have been born around 4 to 6 B.C.), but he's right.     :o

And people wonder why I despise government and politicians so much...   ::)

More money than God, indeed.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
Last Fall a number of bloggers and news stories reported that the National Debt Clock had to be modified because it no longer had enough digits to display the total debt after it passed $10 trillion on September 30th, 2008.

Well, today I came across this item, reported by CBS News on Wednesday (3/18/09):

The Federal Government's flood of red ink hit another high-water mark as the Treasury Department quietly reported today that the National Debt hit $11-trillion for the first time ever.

To be exact, the Debt now stands at $11,033,157,578,669.78. Divide it by the U.S. population and it comes up to over $36,000 in debt for every man, woman and child among us....*

The National Debt stood at $10.6-trillon on the day Barack Obama took office. But if his budget projections are accurate, he'll run up nearly as much government debt in four years as President Bush did in eight.

It took several generations to piss away $10 trillion, but less than six months to raise it another trillion.  Does anyone still wonder why I keep saying that we are getting royally boned?

* Personally, I refuse to acknowledge debts allegedly made in my name without my authorization.  Anyone stupid enough to lend money to the criminal gangs in D.C. can go see them for their money; they sure as hell aren't getting any of it from me.