Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Stooge-themed restarants/bars?

Offline Hammond Eggar

I was reading Curlydame's post about a place called CURLY'S COFFEE SHOP.  That gave me a great idea for a thread.  I'd be interested in reading about any restaurants, bars, coffee houses and clubs that have a Stooges theme, or includes any Stooge-related decorations.  I know Gary has written about some in The Three Stooges Journal over the years.  If you know of any places, open or closed, that employee a Stooges theme, please let us know about it by posting here.

Thanks for the insperation for this thread, Curlysdame.

BTW, upon further surfing of the 'Net, I found lots of bar-and-grill establishments named STOOGES, yet none seem to tie it in with the Stooges themselves.  So, what's the point of calling a place STOOGES, if it has nothing to do with the comedy team or even Iggy Pop?  That said, I found a listing for a place in Cedar Lake, IN called THE THREE STOOGES BAR N GRILL.  Its address is 8120 Lake Shore Drive.  Is anyone familiar with it?
"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder, 1971)

Offline 2reelers

I grew up in Cedar Lake, IN. The bar is (or was) co-owned by a guy named, of all things, Jerry Howard. It's kind of a rough hillbilly place. The only thing Stooge-like is this awful drawing of them on the sign. Sadly, no mallet clobbers anyone when they tilt the pinball machine, and I'm pretty sure there's no caged gorilla in the back room.

Offline curlysdame

Thanks for the insperation for this thread, Curlysdame.

No problem, happy to contribute!  I've got one more for you (I don't think I've posted this yet).  This is something I saw at the Atlanta Airport, on my way home from the Stooges Meeting, last April.

[attachment deleted by admin]
"Imagine five things like us in one room??  I can't stand it!" - Curly (Time Out For Rhythm 1941)

Offline locoboymakesgood

Moe's is a chain of fast-Mex back East.

They're like Chipotle. Very tasty!
"Are you guys actors, or hillbillies?" - Curly, "Hollywood Party" (1934)