Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Stooge pics from Corbis

Offline falsealarms

Some nice ones, including a few I hadn't seen before. The one with Samson Burke dangling Moe in mid-air is especially interesting.

http://pro.corbis.com/search/searchframe.aspx?search=true&rft=RF_TL&txt=%22The+Three+Stooges%22

Offline curlysdame

Yeah, there's a couple I hadn't seen before either.  Thanks for posting the link!
"Imagine five things like us in one room??  I can't stand it!" - Curly (Time Out For Rhythm 1941)

Offline locoboymakesgood

Wow, I love this one!

"Are you guys actors, or hillbillies?" - Curly, "Hollywood Party" (1934)

Offline falsealarms

That is indeed a great pic. It stands out a lot more now that you've posted it here.

Here's another: Curly with Jimmy Durante

And for the Keaton fans here, here's a few pages worth of Keaton

Offline locoboymakesgood

See, now that's weird to see. I don't think I've seen any photos of the boys with any other celebrities from their respective eras. I like that Durante pic.

Offline FineBari3

I used to work for a company that was located in an underground storage facility north of Pittsburgh. We used to sub-contract scanning pictures for Corbis.  Corbis is Bill Gates company, and they are scanning the entire Bettman Archive.

The Bettman Archive moved to that same underground storage facility I worked in (it is miles and miles underground). They moved from Manhattan after 911.

I interviewed for Corbis in 2004, but I didn't get the job.  I was given a tour of their preservation facility, which consisted of going through two air locks. It was below zero, I believe, in the storage area. I got to see some really fascinating and historical negatives. The one that I remember most is the actual film negative that was in the camera when that famous picture of the Hindenburg crashing was taken.  I was breathtaken by the negatives I saw, and to a person with a history degree, was once in a lifetime.
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

Offline locoboymakesgood

That sounds like a dream to even be in there. I'm a history guy too. I can't imagine what your reactions must have been.

Offline curlysdame

See, now that's weird to see. I don't think I've seen any photos of the boys with any other celebrities from their respective eras. I like that Durante pic.

I agree.  You really don't The Boys in photographs with their contemporaries.  I'm really glad this picture was found; I like the candid, 'out of character' pics best, I think.  Just by looking at Curly's face, this was probably around late '44 to mid '45 (before horrible marriage #3).  He's just starting to get that 'tired' look.  Great picture of Durante, too.  he's always been one of my favorites.  You can almost hear him laughing.   [pound]

"Imagine five things like us in one room??  I can't stand it!" - Curly (Time Out For Rhythm 1941)