Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Finding the Locale of an Online Poster

Offline Giff me dat fill-em!

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
Here's a poser I've wondered about for some time now ...
When I open our beloved webpage, I can know "Who's Online" by scrolling down the homepage until the screen displays it. BUT - is it possible to know what page or topic the listed online people are viewing at the moment, so it may be possible to jump to that same locale and begin a confab with the person in question?
It's been my experience that when, say, for example, JazzBill is online, his name will appear in the "Who's Online" part of the homepage ... BUT, it will not tell me what page/topic he was viewing at the time I loaded the page. That would be a great help if I wanted to make a post that he would be sure to notice almost immediately, and possibly respond to within minutes.
The tacks won't come out! Well, they went in ... maybe they're income tacks.

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Who's Online shows me where people are looking, perhaps that's for Admin/GM's only?
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline jrvass

• Dickey-Do Award Winner!
  • Birdbrain
No, I see the same thing.

I think what Giff... wants to do is watch our eyes from the other side of the screen! Way too "Big Brother" for me.

James
This prestigious award, has been presented to you.
Because your belly sticks out farther than your Dickey-Do!

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
No, I see the same thing.

I think what Giff... wants to do is watch our eyes from the other side of the screen! Way too "Big Brother" for me.

James
Yeah .. maybe, but it would be nice (for us long-time users of threestooges.net) to logon and (just by clicking on "Jrvass") to see what page he his viewing right now ... and perhaps then go to that page and then maybe converse with him in an interactive way ... just a thought.

Offline jrvass

• Birdbrain
Yeah .. maybe, but it would be nice (for us long-time users of threestooges.net) to logon and (just by clicking on "Jrvass") to see what page he his viewing right now ... and perhaps then go to that page and then maybe converse with him in an interactive way ... just a thought.

That is fine for me if it's you... S#1... etc. But what you are describing, I would need an IM client installed & activated... I think.

Although it is popular with a lot of people, I've blocked/ignored IM features since '95 when I went on the Internut with AOHell. Heck... I'm probably one of the few people at work that has shut off email notifictation! Drives me nuts to be programming and 1/2 a page of code is lost "to the wind" because Amy or some other fool says they are "ordering lunch from Aldaco's. Please give Debbie your order and exact change by 10am".

The crap that comes through IM is not worth it.

Same thing with cell phones. Had one once... I'll never own another unless someone puts a gun to my head!

Don't get me wrong. They are great. I have "On-slut" in my '04 Avalanche. Press a button, speak a number, talk to the person. "Hang-up", and the radio or CD resumes. Thursday night, had P300 (and other) OBD-II codes... yellow dashboard lights blinking & flashing... I limped home as if I had a severe headwind. Driving with the hazard lights on for a while. "Bad O2 sensor"... They replaced the computer chip, not the "sniffer" that usually gets changed with a tune-up. I got a free car wash. Warranty... gotta love it!

But I about broke my neck when that damn phone rang, on an incoming call!

Long story short... I guess what I am trying to say is that it "could be programmed", but bastards like me will figure out a way to defeat the "feature".

Now if Dunrobin could figger a way to have Pam Anderson (she just moved into the 'hood, but broke up with Kid Rock) give me a BJ whenever I get an IM...

:o

James

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
Alright ... 'nuff said. I withdraw the comment. Too much computer consternation surrounds wanting to know where a person is online.

Offline jrvass

• Birdbrain
Alright ... 'nuff said. I withdraw the comment. Too much computer consternation surrounds wanting to know where a person is online.

No, don't give up so easy. If Dunrobin can figure a way to have Pam Anderson give me a...

:D

James