Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

A Thought

Offline ProfessorStooge

This has been on my mind since the new Stooge chronological DVD sets have been released. With their Columbia output making its way to DVD, I am curious if all the films the boys did with Ted Healy will ever make it to DVD. I know Soup to Nuts, Meet the Baron and Dancing Lady have had individual DVD releases and the MGM shorts have been included in DVD compilations. I think a boxed set of all the MGM films called The Three Stooges: The MGM Collection would be excellent. Here is an overview:

Turn Back the Clock
                             Meet the Baron
                             Dancing Lady
                             Fugitive Lovers
                             Hollywood Party

These short films would serve as supplemental features:

Nertsery Rhymes
                              Beer and Pretzels
                              Plane Nuts
                              The Big Idea

In addition, Gold Raiders was released with Meet the Baron. There is a possibility that it will also be a supplemental feature.

Offline metaldams

My opinion....NO.  The boys have such small roles in these feature films that it would be unfair to release what's most likely an expensive box set under The Three Stooges name.  For one, it would make for unfair competition with the Sony sets, which is more important than films that are for completists only.  Several casual fans who don't know better might pick up this MGM set and feel ripped off, and rightfully so. 

Now if they want to release the MGM shorts with the scenes from the features that have the boys in them as a supplement, that would be fair.  This would likely be a one disc set that would be cheaper.
- Doug Sarnecky