Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Can u tell me

Offline Sadistic Stooge

Does any one know what short this still is from ......

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline BeatleShemp

Looks like a picture from the set of "Slippery Silks (1936)."

Offline Sadistic Stooge

I was thinking that but I'm still not sure ,........

Offline FineBari3

I agree. The two ladies in front are wearing the costumes that look like French maid outfits. They were the ones that changed the announcement card at the fashion show.

Speaking about Slippery Silks, I was looking at the 'routines' entries for this short, and the one routine is not listed. I wanted to get it right before I updated it, but I cannot remember exactly how it goes. It is the routine where one Stooge says to "put your hand like this", and "put your head like this", (a very gay posture), and then the two make a very gay "Woooo!" sound. I know I have seen this same routine at least one other time with the Stooges, but I cannot remember what short.  I think it may be a Healy one.

Thanks for the help.
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

xraffle

Yup, that's definitely from "Slippery Silks." I'm positive. But "only fools are positive."  [pie]

Offline archiezappa

I agree. The two ladies in front are wearing the costumes that look like French maid outfits. They were the ones that changed the announcement card at the fashion show.

Speaking about Slippery Silks, I was looking at the 'routines' entries for this short, and the one routine is not listed. I wanted to get it right before I updated it, but I cannot remember exactly how it goes. It is the routine where one Stooge says to "put your hand like this", and "put your head like this", (a very gay posture), and then the two make a very gay "Woooo!" sound. I know I have seen this same routine at least one other time with the Stooges, but I cannot remember what short.  I think it may be a Healy one.

Thanks for the help.

They did this routine with Ted Healy in the MGM short "Plane Nuts."

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Would it hurt you to spell the word "you" out instead of using the letter "u" in lieu of the word itself?
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline Sadistic Stooge

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
sorry just was kind of lazy lol

Please use proper capitalization and punctuation; you should be aware of the rules of the message board by now. Next time I'll have to give you a warning.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown