Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

ONE SHIVERY NIGHT (1950) A MUST SEE from Dudley Dickerson fans

Offline metaldams

Starring Hugh Herbert and Dudley Dickerson.  It's a scare comedy and it has Dudley Dickerson, so it's a classic!  Interestingly directed by Del Lord, who stopped directing Stooge shorts in 1948.  This one's 1950.  Thanks again to 2Reelers for putting this one on youtube.

Part 1

[youtube=425,350]3qRzdv62OL8[/youtube]

Part 2

[youtube=425,350]8k8Zb75FSsU[/youtube] 
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

stooged and confused

After seeing the Shemp, Joe Besser, DeRita and Keaton solo shorts, and now seeing New News and One Shivery Night(both of which I'd never seen before), it is so obvious how much better the Stooges shorts were paced. It was a gas seeing the Hot Scots masks reused here and Dudley is the master of the scared stiff shtick, but Collins and Herbert can't hold a candle to the Boys. The Stooges shorts were the crown jewel of the Columbia cannon. Their timing cannot be overstated, proving once again that the Farrelly's had better rethink their plans for a Stooges remake. It has disaster written all over it.

Offline Sadistic Stooge

It's fun to watch these non-stooge shorts :) Keep them coming 

Thanks for posting

Offline FineBari3

It's fun to watch these non-stooge shorts :) Keep them coming 

Thanks for posting

I'd love to see a Buster Keaton Columbia short. I have only seen one so far.

I just got to see my first two Keaton Educational shorts this weekend (Allez Oop and and Jail Bait).  I was pleasantly surprised! For some reason, I guess I thought they were going to really stink!
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson