Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Just my DVD or a common problem?

· 5 · 2091

Sten

Something happened today that made me think this might be a useful topic for all of us with these Stooge DVD collections coming out. Maybe you have a defective DVD that may be mostly alright but one short won't run right or something. This topic can be for sharing any DVD performance glitch that you come up on.

For instance, I was watching The Sitter Downers on disc 1 of volume 2 today and just when the boys and their new wives learn that the Stooges have to build the house themselves and the wives are just about to assert themselves, the DVD stalled, then the player stopped and acted like there was no DVD in there. Has anyone else had this problem during this short or any other short on any of the other 1-4 volume discs?

I may still have the Best Buy receipt, but they won't take it back because I opened it, right?
 While "Sten" posted nothing wrong, this is not Sten, but an impersonator.  I got an e-mail from the real Sten telling me so.  Most likely SLIPP, and remember Eric, it's always a matter of time before you get caught.

xraffle

Something happened today that made me think this might be a useful topic for all of us with these Stooge DVD collections coming out. Maybe you have a defective DVD that may be mostly alright but one short won't run right or something. This topic can be for sharing any DVD performance glitch that you come up on.

For instance, I was watching The Sitter Downers on disc 1 of volume 2 today and just when the boys and their new wives learn that the Stooges have to build the house themselves and the wives are just about to assert themselves, the DVD stalled, then the player stopped and acted like there was no DVD in there. Has anyone else had this problem during this short or any other short on any of the other 1-4 volume discs?

I may still have the Best Buy receipt, but they won't take it back because I opened it, right?

Yeah, that sounds like a defective DVD. You should take that back. My DVD plays fine. Defective DVDs are a lot more common than people think. It happened to me a few times (not on the stooges, but on other TV show DVDs).

You can't return an opened DVD for a full refund, but you can exchange it for the same item.

Offline DioSab

Hello all,

I'm new to this forum and actually have a very similar question to the one posted above.  Yesterday I bought Warner Bros.' Classic Comedy Teams Collection box set with the Stooges double feature Gold Raiders and Meet The Baron.  I was wondering if anyone else here has this disc and if they too experienced strange digital glitches during Gold Raiders.  The print appears in decent shape but it seems like there are quick, bright white digital glitches throughout the film here and there.  Meet The Baron didn't have them so I'm guessing my disc isn't defective.  I was thinking it was the digital mastering of Gold Raiders that caused these strange defects but I wanted to know what your thoughts on the matter are and if you too experienced these weird problems.  Thanks in advance!

Offline metaldams

Hello all,

I'm new to this forum and actually have a very similar question to the one posted above.  Yesterday I bought Warner Bros.' Classic Comedy Teams Collection box set with the Stooges double feature Gold Raiders and Meet The Baron.  I was wondering if anyone else here has this disc and if they too experienced strange digital glitches during Gold Raiders.  The print appears in decent shape but it seems like there are quick, bright white digital glitches throughout the film here and there.  Meet The Baron didn't have them so I'm guessing my disc isn't defective.  I was thinking it was the digital mastering of Gold Raiders that caused these strange defects but I wanted to know what your thoughts on the matter are and if you too experienced these weird problems.  Thanks in advance!

You know what they say about these DVD's - The closer you get to the meaning, the sooner you know that you're dreaming.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline FineBari3

I had the same problem with my laserdiscs ten years ago!
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson