Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

The Three Stooges Trilogy DVD set

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
"The Three Stooges Trilogy" DVD set is available, as an "exclusive" thru WalMart and Sam's Club stores; but, not on the WalMart website.  Reportedly, a couple other retail chains may carry it as well, but unconfirmed.

Sony has taken unsold copies of THE THREE STOOGES MEET HERCULES (1962), THE THREE STOOGES IN ORBIT (1962) and THE OUTLAWS IS COMING! (1965), and repackaged them on a spindle in a single DVD case.  Not noted on the packaging... the OUTLAWS disc includes the short GOOFS AND SADDLES (1937) as a bonus (same as orginally released in 2002).

WalMart has this 3-disc set for $14.96.

Offline Benno123

I saw this at Wal Mart this past weekend when I was there at one located out of town.  When I went there last night and purchased the new set I looked to see if this one was available at the one close to me and while there was a space for it, all copies were sold.  I figured it was just Sony's way of burning off the unsold copies of the films.  If I see it I may purchase it, otherwise just wait until the films are released again on DVD.

Offline Sadistic Stooge

After all the shorts are out on DVD they will put out all 5 movies on DVD . Don't waste your money .

Offline falsealarms

After all the shorts are out on DVD they will put out all 5 movies on DVD . Don't waste your money .

You think they will, but sales will dictate whether they do or not. At 3 films for 15 bucks, it's probably worth the chance. Hell, 2/15 is good considering 1 usually goes for 10-15 alone.

Offline Sadistic Stooge

well if your a true stooge fan you will have all the DVD's already , and like me buy 2 times just to have whats new :)

Offline metaldams

well if your a true stooge fan you will have all the DVD's already , and like me buy 2 times just to have whats new :)

If that makes you happy, it's your money, do what you want.

As for me, I'll only buy what's new if it's worth it to me.  Stamping The Three Stooges name on a product isn't enough.  These new DVD volumes actually do The Three Stooges justice, so I spend the cash.  This "trilogy" set, on the other hand?  It will be surpassed, and if it isn't, it should be.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline falsealarms

I saw this in Wal Mart tonight - they only had 2 left.

More importantly, on the back of the case it says that OUTLAWS IS COMING is "starring: MOE HOWARD, LARRY FINE, SHEMP HOWARD, AND CURLY HOWARD."

They got it right on the back of the slipcover, but not on the back of the case.

Also, on the back of the case (but not the slipcover) they have the same description for HERCLUES as they do for OUTLAW.

Also, on the back of the case (but not the slipcover) they say that OUTLAW is in 1.33:1 ratio which it isn't.

Offline The 4th Stooge

Damn, when I was in Wally World last week, the only thing Stooge-related were the cartoons, which I bought, simply because I remember how many problems there were with production. And....it shows.  Some of the wrap-arounds look pretty damn good, but the cartoons?  I mean, it seems like they were on some serious Valium voicing the cartoons.  But, hey, it's good to add to my collection, no matter how bad they are.