Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Holiday House article

Offline FineBari3

Here is a nice article from the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette on some memories of the Holiday House and the Stooges visit there in 1959.  It sounds like this person wants to commemorate the 50th anniversary of this event:

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08319/927775-437.stm

There is also a great quote from Moe in an old newspaper interview when asked about the violence:  "Women!" he fumed, unrepentent. "Why don't they stay home and criticize their children? ... Kids with one ounce of mentality understand horseplay ... I'd say any child it rubs off on would be a delinquent even if he'd never seen us!"

Dang....pretty emotional for Moe.
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

Offline Bum

I'm friends with one of the cousins mentioned in the article! Those who saw the print version of this article got some extra photos, such as the author's Stooges Fan Club membership card. I just e-mailed Barry Paris and thanked him for sharing his memories, but pointed out to him a few of his more glaring errors [such as stating that the Holiday House was their first live gig since vaudeville, the non-existant title "Heil, Heil, the Gang's All Here", the non-existant line of dialogue "Feet, do yo' stuff!", and incorrect years of birth]. Nevertheless, a nice read from someone who was there!

Offline FineBari3

I'm friends with one of the cousins mentioned in the article! Those who saw the print version of this article got some extra photos, such as the author's Stooges Fan Club membership card. I just e-mailed Barry Paris and thanked him for sharing his memories, but pointed out to him a few of his more glaring errors [such as stating that the Holiday House was their first live gig since vaudeville, the non-existant title "Heil, Heil, the Gang's All Here", the non-existant line of dialogue "Feet, do yo' stuff!", and incorrect years of birth]. Nevertheless, a nice read from someone who was there!

Yeah, I sent him a nice email as well.
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson