Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

What was the last.......

Offline metaldams

........book you've read, CD you listened to, and movie you watched?  Everyone participate, and let's keep this one up for awhile.  If anybody wants to comment on what anybody else has been digging, also feel free.  I'll start.

Movie: CHILDREN OF THE DAMNED (1963)
CD: DIRT - Alice in Chains (1992)
Book: RING OF HELL: THE STORY OF CHRIS BENOIT AND THE FALL OF THE PRO WRESTLING INDUSTRY - Matthew Randazzo V
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Stooges#1

Book: Way of the Peaceful Warrior - Dan Millman

Movie - Citizen Kane

Its been a while since i've listened to a cd that i dont even remember so i'll leave that blank. 

Offline archiezappa

Book:  Oops! Or Life's Awful Moments by Art Linkletter

Movie:  Indiana Jones And The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull

CD:  Brainwashed by George Harrison  (I just got this and I'm listening to it right now.  Awesome!)

Offline FineBari3

........book you've read, CD you listened to, and movie you watched?  Everyone participate, and let's keep this one up for awhile.  If anybody wants to comment on what anybody else has been digging, also feel free.  I'll start.

Movie: CHILDREN OF THE DAMNED (1963)
CD: DIRT - Alice in Chains (1992)
Book: RING OF HELL: THE STORY OF CHRIS BENOIT AND THE FALL OF THE PRO WRESTLING INDUSTRY - Matthew Randazzo V

Wow metal....those say a lot! Are you currently IN therapy?  (Just jaggin'...to each his own!)

For me:

Movie: Superbad
CD: Permanent Vacation - Aerosmith
Book: Tempest in A Flat Hat - a Buster Keaton biography
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
........book you've read, CD you listened to, and movie you watched?  

-  Book(s):  Alternating 2 books simultaneously, Mr. Bernds Goes to Hollywood by Ed Bernds, and The Incredible Mr. Don Knotts by Steve Cox & Kevin Marhanka
 -  CD:  [juggled between 2 CDs while sitting in traffic yesterday]  There Is a Time (The Dillards), The Ultimate Jack Benny Collection
 -  Movie:  NOTORIOUS (1946), restoration from MGM/UA's new DVD box set The Alfred Hitchcock Premiere Collection; LIFEBOAT (1944) currently playing in the background.

xraffle

Book: "Homage to Catalonia" by George Orwell
Movie: "The Graduate"
CD: "Magic"- Bruce Springsteen

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
Hell, I can't really participate, or I would be posting here continuously.  ;D

For example:

MOVIES (this morning):
Target Earth (1954)
Invaders from Mars (1953) (currently playing)

BOOKS (Currently reading):
Hamilton's Curse, by Thomas Di Lorenzo
Time Enough for Love, by Robert Heinlein

In the past month I have read The Wee Free Men (Terry Pratchett), Wintersmith (Terry Pratchett), Orphans of the Sky (Robert Heinlein), The Number of the Beast (Robert Heinlein), Forge of the Elders (L. Neil Smith), and I Will Fear No Evil (Robert Heinlein).   

I've got 12 more books lined up to read, mostly by Heinlein and Pratchett.  Obviously I'm in a science fiction mode lately.   ;)

Offline metaldams

Wow metal....those say a lot! Are you currently IN therapy?  (Just jaggin'...to each his own!)

Would you believe I have an itching to check out the complete works of Edgar Allan Poe?  Honest to God truth. 

Out of all these choices, NOTORIOUS is arguably my favorite Hitchcock film, CITIZEN KANE is one of those movies I'm supposed to like that I genuinely do like, BRAINWASHED is a great album, PERMANENT VACATION.....hate to sound cruel, but the more drugs Aerosmith were on, the more they rocked, and I've read the Keaton book, pretty good.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Movie: North By Northwest believe it or not (my personal favorite Hitchcock masterpiece) and a British documentary from Richard Dawkins called The Root of All Evil (not a movie but thought I'd mention it)

Books: A Confederacy of Dunces and Superstar Billy Graham's autobio.

CD's: Like X I haven't really listened to a CD in forever...I'm usually listening to Howard Stern or Bubba the Love Sponge.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline metaldams

CD's: Like X I haven't really listened to a CD in forever...I'm usually listening to Howard Stern or Bubba the Love Sponge.

I went through that phase with movies during the baseball season, but now that it's the offseason, I'm catching up on my horror movies.  I couldn't live without music.

Listening to Saxon's THE INNER SANCTUM (2007) as I type this.  Saw a video on youtube last night for their song WITCHFINDER GENERAL which also contains footage from the Vincent Price movie of the same name.  Pretty damn cool, considering it's good British metal married to one of my favorite British movies.  Then again, I've always been somewhat of an anglophile anyway.
- Doug Sarnecky

xraffle

You're right. I haven't listened to a CD in a long time. Now how did you know that? ;D I usually don't listen to CDs. I like shuffling through my MP3 songs.

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
That was "stooges#1 that I referencing btw, not X.

It's not that I'm not listening to music, just not CD's. I've got tons of music on mp3 format, which is really where technology has been headed for a couple of years now. The Compact Disc will soon go the way of the cassette, vinyl record, and 8-track tape.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
You're right. I haven't listened to a CD in a long time. Now how did you know that? ;D I usually don't listen to CDs. I like shuffling through my MP3 songs.

I'm in your head!  >:D

xraffle

That was "stooges#1 that I referencing btw, not X.

It's not that I'm not listening to music, just not CD's. I've got tons of music on mp3 format, which is really where technology has been headed for a couple of years now. The Compact Disc will soon go the way of the cassette, vinyl record, and 8-track tape.

Oh I see. For a minute there, I thought you were psychic or something. :laugh:

But yeah, I rarely buy CDs now. "Magic" was the last CD I bought because I'm big fan of The Boss and I like collecting his music.

Offline hiramhorwitz

Book: Hubert's Freaks by Gregory Gibson

CD: Days of Horses by Aztec Two-Step

Movie: Funny Bones (1995)

Offline metaldams

OK, OK, music.

I too don't buy CD's anymore either.  In fact, I only own an 8GB ipod now, but I plan on getting a bigger one and making all my music digital.  CD's take up way too much space when you have a collection like mine and I can't wait to get rid of them all.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline hiramhorwitz

OK, OK, music.

I too don't buy CD's anymore either.  In fact, I only own an 8GB ipod now, but I plan on getting a bigger one and making all my music digital.  CD's take up way too much space when you have a collection like mine and I can't wait to get rid of them all.

That's interesting.  I specifically like vinyl because it takes up so much room.  And the lyrics that accompany the albums are big enough to see.  I like the Zune for trips, but when I'm at home, I prefer the big stuff.   

Offline metaldams

That's interesting.  I specifically like vinyl because it takes up so much room.  And the lyrics that accompany the albums are big enough to see.  I like the Zune for trips, but when I'm at home, I prefer the big stuff.   

When you own over 700 CD's and don't live in a mansion, you may change your tune.  Then again, I see your point, as some of those double gatefold vinyl covers are pretty cool.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline archiezappa

I don't have an mp3 player or an ipod.  All of my stuff is on vinyl and CD.  If I had a choice (and the money) I would prefer that all of my music were on both CD and vinyl.  That way, I could listen to them while I drive (on CD) and listen to them at home (on vinyl).  I don't care what they say about digital, we still listen with analog ears. 

Well, that's my two cents.   ;D