Post your music videos thread.

metaldams · 85 · 24635

Offline Giff me dat fill-em!

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
Yep ... PERIOD.
You make me yearn to pull my copy of This is Spinal Tap and give it a spin ... see ya tomorrow.
The tacks won't come out! Well, they went in ... maybe they're income tacks.

Offline metaldams

This thread needs something really heavy.  Not to everybody's taste, but so be it, I wouldn't be METALdams if I didn't post a little..SLAAAAAAAAAAAYEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!  "Seasons In the Abyss."  Enjoy, my pretties.

[youtube=425,350]O5A3_biDtEY[/youtube]
- Doug Sarnecky

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
Nice little diddy, metaldams ... got anything stronger?

Offline metaldams

Nice little diddy, metaldams ... got anything stronger?

Oh yeah, no problem.  Slayer in my opinion's the best extreme metal band because they were one of the originals, have good songwriting, and have a singer who sounds human.  They're the perfect angry music for me, and honestly, what I showed you was one of their "lighter" songs.  Here's a little taste of a band called Nile, who I don't care for, but they make Slayer sound like The Carpenters.

[youtube=425,350]LNQpLFns-CA[/youtube]
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline FineBari3

[skull] [skull] [skull]

What happened to the two heavy metal headbanging emoticons?

I remember why all of the drummers in my corps growing up listened to metal; because no one else plays drums anymore except for this kind of music!

Thanks for getting the ol' blood moving!
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
[skull] [skull] [skull]

I remember why all of the drummers in my corps growing up listened to metal; because no one else plays drums anymore except for this kind of music!

Yo ... do YOU have a cymbal shaped like a rotary saw blade? (I wonder if it sounds better or worse than a common, everyday, typical, run-of-the-mill, you-seen-one-you-seen em'-all cymbal?)

Offline metaldams

[skull] [skull] [skull]

I hate to admit it, but the more I watch that Nile video, it becomes sort of endearing in a strange way.  Nile have no songwriting skills whatsoever, which is what seperates Slayer from 95% of the extreme metal pack, but they have some amazing chops.  Wouldn't pay money for their music, but credit where credit is due, they can play.

But yeah, that Slayer video, no doubt Dave Lombardo's a great drummer, arguably my favorite.  I always dug Bill Ward of Black Sabbath as well.  He's not as technical, but he's very musical.  Those Nile guys are the complete opposite of that. 
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline FineBari3

Yo ... do YOU have a cymbal shaped like a rotary saw blade? (I wonder if it sounds better or worse than a common, everyday, typical, run-of-the-mill, you-seen-one-you-seen em'-all cymbal?)

That sounds really cool, but I do not!

I do have a cymbal called a Rocktogon, which has eight sides, made in the late 1980s by Sabian. It was structurally unsound, and cracked right at the bell. I still have it today, but I just keep it because it looks cool. Actually, the cymbal sounded like shit when it was new.
Mar-Jean Zamperini

Offline metaldams

I had no idea Kelly Clarkson could do this.

[youtube=425,350]J3ZcfbOXnoU[/youtube]
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

.......and a bit more on the serious side, here's a concert my mother attended.  Since you can shove anything down teenager's throats, why can't it be of this quality again?  Fuck Hannah Montana!  Fuck Walt Disney's frozen corpse!  Where was I? Oh yeah, see John Lennon go crazy, and around 3:55 or so, check out Paul's reaction to John's Beatles VI comment.  Priceless.  Ya bassatta lo ko toya, here are THE BEATLES!!!!

[youtube=425,350]_mUXwnEWEnE[/youtube]
- Doug Sarnecky

xraffle

I had no idea Kelly Clarkson could do this.

Is that even real? It doesn't look like it to me.

Offline metaldams

Is that even real? It doesn't look like it to me.

No, it's a joke, but a funny one I think.  There's also a "Whoops, I Did It Again" Britney Spears death metal video lurking out there.
- Doug Sarnecky

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
Since Metaldams dipped back into the late 60's/early 70's with his maternal tribute to The Beatles (or maybe for you younger folk, ThE bEaTlEs) ... Alot of bands were attempting to compete with The Beatles, but I think The Who was NOT one of them. As an example, I present two versions of My Generation which portray them first in their own element, and then attempting to be outrageous like Hendrix. (Which appears to be a "sort-of" spoof to enhance the music festival they sang in)

[youtube=425,350]7xZOrWK6d4g&hl=en&fs=1[/youtube]

[youtube=425,350]i0XknwXqLDo&hl=en&fs=1[/youtube]

Offline FineBari3

OH YEAAAAHHHHHH!

The Who are my favorite group! I know that there are a lot of Who/Stooge fans out there!

Here is a video of a John Entwistle solo from 5:15. The consumate bass virtuoso! I am proud to say that I hung out with the man, and he was hilarious! Dry, British, sardonic, and hilarious!

[youtube=425,350]_mthl-lBad8[/youtube]
Mar-Jean Zamperini

Offline metaldams

OH YEAAAAHHHHHH!

The Who are my favorite group! I know that there are a lot of Who/Stooge fans out there!

Here is a video of a John Entwistle solo from 5:15. The consumate bass virtuoso! I am proud to say that I hung out with the man, and he was hilarious! Dry, British, sardonic, and hilarious!

[youtube=425,350]_mthl-lBad8[/youtube]

That Entwistle solo was awesome!  How the Hell The Who still perform as The Who without him and Moon is beyond me.  I like The Who, but I've always preferred their pre-Tommy singles period to their later stuff......not that they didn't do anyhing good after that, but I'll take "Substitute" or "I Can See For Miles" anyday.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

While we're on British Invasion, here's the only band whose original members are all still living, and they may be reuniting (not sure if if this is a good thing)....The Kinks.  First, in their raw and early rock period.

[youtube=425,350]dvyDWGF290M[/youtube]

......and now for "Celluloid Heroes," 'cause any song that mentions Bela Lugosi has gotta be cool.  Great tribute to old Hollywood.

[youtube=425,350]l_RvgC7JiQQ[/youtube]

.....and why it may not be cool The Kinks are getting back together, because Ray Davies solo stuff is brilliant!  Here's "Working Man's Cafe" recorded on the night the Red Sox won the World Series in '07.

[youtube=425,350]12j1yAWFMPA[/youtube]
- Doug Sarnecky

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
No intro required ...

[youtube=425,350]skU-jBFzXl0&hl=en&fs=1[/youtube]

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
The Happy Eye-Patch Wearing Band ... note the second verse singer wrapping a handkerchief over the mike ... hhmmmm ...

[youtube=425,350]0-XzGOZHYdA&hl=en&fs=1[/youtube]

Offline FineBari3

The Happy Eye-Patch Wearing Band ... note the second verse singer wrapping a handkerchief over the mike ... hhmmmm ...

I wouldn't blame him! Man, these guys look like they smelled a lot!
Mar-Jean Zamperini

Offline JazzBill

Hmmmmm... Got drugs ?
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

AmalgamatedMoron

OH YEAAAAHHHHHH!

No doubt about it.  Entwistle was one of the most talented bass players to ever pick up the instrumet.  That was right up my alley as a true lover of instrumental music.  Though the guitar is my absolute favorite.

AmalgamatedMoron

Here is the one of the most talented guitarists in the world.  Definitely in the top ten of technical proficiency.  My favorite musician, bar none: Eric Johnson. He can play rock, jazz, country, classical, blues, and other styles as well.  If you enjoy instrumental music--and especially the guitar--then you will like this.  Below is an example of Johnson's diversity.

Cliffs of Dover - Woodlands, TX 1993 (He won a Grammy for this song. This is an excellent performance)
[youtube=425,350]p06HtO3vzvo&feature=channel_page[/youtube]

Here's a nice jazzy piece - Rain
[youtube=425,350]j75pQUOSU6c&feature=channel_page[/youtube]

Tribute to Jerry Reed
[youtube=425,350]7t6XpVuBG9o&feature=channel_page[/youtube]

A Song For Life
[youtube=425,350]v/mV5dMDId7uY&hl=en&fs=1[/flash][/youtube]

E Blues Shuffle
[youtube=425,350]BEKf5sCb8ww&feature=channel_page[/youtube]

Offline vomit

By Iron Maiden.....my homemade takeoff....

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/5V4fzYDeVd4&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/5V4fzYDeVd4&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>
« Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 11:10:31 PM by AmalgamatedMoron »
Specto Caelum!

Offline metaldams

By Iron Maiden.....my homemade takeoff....

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/5V4fzYDeVd4&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/5V4fzYDeVd4&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>

Sweet!  Nice video!

Love the Somewhere In Time album.  I wish there was more footage from that tour, I need to see Bruce Dickinson wearing green lepracahn pants for 90 minutes.

I could post Maiden footage all day.  Here's "Stranger In A strange Land."  LOVE Adrian's guitar solo in this one.

[youtube=425,350]2Q04bME1GEE[/youtube]
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline FineBari3

Dude, that was great!

Pictures of people partying, empty beer cans, people puking, deer kills! Some funny shit in there, especially the pictures at the Egyptian thing.

I'm surprised I didn't see a bong in there....
Mar-Jean Zamperini