Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Besser and Bishop CIGARETTES COMMERCIAL

Offline Sadistic Stooge

Besser and Bishop  CIGARETTES COMMERCIAL

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/JfKZvi6PwVE&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/JfKZvi6PwVE&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>

Offline locoboymakesgood

Nice find.

I love how advertising and such has changed so much since then. I think the best cigarette commercial I've seen is that Flintstones one.
"Are you guys actors, or hillbillies?" - Curly, "Hollywood Party" (1934)

Offline Sadistic Stooge

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
btw -  contrary to the video's title, that is a cast commercial from the 3rd season (1963 - 1964) of THE JOEY BISHOP SHOW. The clip was filmed in 1963, and used on several of that season's episodes.

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
I love how advertising and such has changed so much since then.

1st season (1962) cast commercials from THE BEVERLY HILLBILLIES, for Winston Cigarettes...
[youtube=425,350]tkOGM6gHvao[/youtube]
[youtube=425,350]y8BTJx9JWqE[/youtube]
[youtube=425,350]fIdqj7YaZOA[/youtube]
[youtube=425,350]g1a86AdMdUo[/youtube]
[youtube=425,350]pkZLFwPPYHw[/youtube]

Offline Giff me dat fill-em!

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
I'm old enough to remember "The Folks at Battle Creek" plugs when I'd watch the Hillbillies show.
By then it was just product placement, but hey, it got a full verse in the opening song. "K-E-Double L- O- Double G - Kellogg's best to you!!!!"
The tacks won't come out! Well, they went in ... maybe they're income tacks.

Offline Sadistic Stooge

wow! if it wasn't for some of these cigarette commercial there would be a lot less people dropping dead now.
Were people that dumb in the 50's and 60's ? lol
Cigarettes killed people like Moe , Curly , Laurel and Hardy just to name a few ,but yet people still smoke there asses off today. I don't get it  :-\

Offline Giff me dat fill-em!

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
wow! if it wasn't for some of these cigarette commercial there would be a lot less people dropping dead now.
Cigarettes killed people like Moe , Curly , Laurel and Hardy just to name a few ,but yet people still smoke there asses off today. I don't get it  :-\

Most people don't like their asses, ya know ....
The tacks won't come out! Well, they went in ... maybe they're income tacks.

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
I'm old enough to remember "The Folks at Battle Creek" plugs when I'd watch the Hillbillies show. By then it was just product placement, but hey, it got a full verse in the opening song. "K-E-Double L- O- Double G - Kellogg's best to you!!!!"

[youtube=425,350]iA5DTejequw[/youtube]
[youtube=425,350]MxCXSqv8-LM[/youtube]
[youtube=425,350]4_vjKaUW5uA[/youtube]
[youtube=425,350]xdsv29ZFLQE[/youtube]
[youtube=425,350]HBZaFCnlzCU[/youtube]
[youtube=425,350]hyQ3gGTPTjY[/youtube]
[youtube=425,350]2KqO3B38eAI[/youtube]

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
if it wasn't for some of these cigarette commercial there would be a lot less people dropping dead now.

Lucille Ball (heart disease) and Desi Arnaz (lung cancer)...

Intro by John Stephenson (H-B voice artist for THE FLINTSTONES ("Mr. Slate"), virtually every villain's voiceover on SCOOBY DOO, hundreds more '60s - '80s); ironically, Mr. Stephenson is still with us, in his 90s, and still working.
[youtube=425,350]1CfnwfF7Xts[/youtube]
[youtube=425,350]1MbKELs9WA8[/youtube]
[youtube=425,350]ppk05iAh9cs[/youtube]

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
I love how advertising and such has changed so much since then. I think the best cigarette commercial I've seen is that Flintstones one.

More than 1. Winston was one of the series' primary sponsors, and there were many FLINTSTONES Winston "cast" commercials produced during the series' first year.

Keep THE FLINTSTONES in perspective... it was a primetime series on ABC 1960 - 1966, not a Saturday morning children's show.

[youtube=425,350]gFogTD0t5kM[/youtube]

Offline Sadistic Stooge

Let's see how long of a list we can make from people who died from cigarettes

Ill start

Moe
Curly
Laurel & Hardy
Lucille Ball
Desi Arnaz
Humphrey Bogart    ok take it from there  [3stooges]