Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Speaking of Langdon...

Offline FineBari3

I was reading the Volume 5 thread, and the subject of Harry Langdon came up.  I have known who Harry was since I was a little girl, but have never got to see any of his work until this past year.  (The same for Wheeler & Woolsey too).

From what precious little I have seen, Langdon was very silly and sometimes downright surreal. Little things he does, like a little dance while trying to hitch hike.

Does anybody have any reccommendations, especially stuff on YouTube? I'm doing the NCLL now....the No Cash Lay Low.
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

Offline metaldams

Well, it's in 11 parts, but if you type in "Harry Langdon Strong Man," you will be able to find THE STRONG MAN (1926), his most critically acclaimed feature.  Actually, here's a link to part 1, and you'll find the other parts linked on the side of the screen.  Enjoy, and see if you can find a familiar gag from ALL THE WORLD'S A STOOGE.

- Doug Sarnecky

Offline FineBari3

OK...I will check that out tomorrow, which is when I lose the TV.

I like to watch football, but not for three or four days straight!
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

Offline metaldams

A shorter alternative would be SATURDAY AFTERNOON, a half hour short in 3 parts.  Vernon Dent has a big role in this one, and this is a classic for sure.

part 1
&feature=related part 2
&feature=related part 3
- Doug Sarnecky