Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Vol 4 Amazon Shipping Thread

Offline falsealarms

With the release of volume 4 just a week away, lets use this thread to track its arrival.

Let us know when yours shipped. The fact that yours came may heighten the anticipation of someone else.

Last time with volume 3, some people got theirs days ahead of others.

ThumpTheShoes

xraffle

Less than a week away until the big day and Amazon hasn't lowered their price. It's still $21.99 and from the looks of things, I don't think it's going to get any lower.

Offline Stooges#1

Less than a week away until the big day and Amazon hasn't lowered their price. It's still $21.99 and from the looks of things, I don't think it's going to get any lower.

I dont think the price will get any lower but living overseas i will still buy the set from Amazon even though other online sites have it cheaper because i trust that Amazon will get the set to me within 2-3 days.

ThumpTheShoes

CC has been charged and Amazon status is now "shipping soon", as of today, the 3rd. Looks promising this time!

:o

Offline falsealarms

CC has been charged and Amazon status is now "shipping soon", as of today, the 3rd. Looks promising this time!

:o

My order has now switched into that mode too.

ThumpTheShoes

No longer shipping soon, it's on the way! Now, the REAL waiting begins!

[pie]

Offline falsealarms

[pie]

Indeed it is. Mine's coming from CHELMSFORD, MA, US - that's a new one. 3 hours away.

Offline Stooges#1

[pie]

That is impressive. So yours has shipped before the release date?  [cool]

Offline falsealarms

That is impressive. So yours has shipped before the release date?  [cool]

Mine definitely has. Its left its origin location a few hours ago and just arrived to my local UPS center. It'll be sitting there until Monday, but I should get it then and that's still a day before its actual release. It's in the hands of UPS - Amazon did their part.

Offline JazzBill

"Greetings from Amazon.com.

We thought you'd like to know that we shipped your items, and that this
completes your order." 

Received this message today. Going by the shipping speed of Volume lll, I'll get mine in about 2 weeks.
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

Offline fwdstuck

Thank the good Lord my local walmarts have been carring them on the release date for $19.95 (the last 3) No Wait, No Worry!

Offline archiezappa

Thank the good Lord my local walmarts have been carring them on the release date for $19.95 (the last 3) No Wait, No Worry!

Amen to that!!!

Offline locoboymakesgood

Best Buy usually carries them and there are currently 10% off coupons in store for all DVDs.. that's how I'll be picking up mine.
"Are you guys actors, or hillbillies?" - Curly, "Hollywood Party" (1934)

Offline Stooges#1

Mine is "shipping soon"  [cool] I ordered the set with another dvd and they are shipping in different shipments, i didnt know that Amazon did that with 2 dvds. Last month i had 3 dvds coming to me from Amazon and they all arrived in different shipments but the good thing was that they made the same trek, so these should too.

Offline Shemp27

Shipping Monday morning from Lexington KY(2 hrs away) will be at my doorstep tuesday
Quiet numbskulls I'm broadcasting!

Offline falsealarms

Mine is "shipping soon"  [cool] I ordered the set with another dvd and they are shipping in different shipments, i didnt know that Amazon did that with 2 dvds. Last month i had 3 dvds coming to me from Amazon and they all arrived in different shipments but the good thing was that they made the same trek, so these should too.

I believe there was an option to have them ship together or separately.

Offline Stooges#1

I believe there was an option to have them ship together or separately.

I had them shipped "together" because that option is automatically highlighted, so i didnt need to click on that option so there wasnt a chance that i had them ship separately by mistake. Besides "separately" to Australia costs about $40-50 more so i would've picked that up before i placed the order. Unless of course they're shipping with different carriers, i doubt it tough but anyway its no big deal.

Offline Shemp27

completely off subject when is volume 5 due out?
Quiet numbskulls I'm broadcasting!

xraffle

Yay! It's in my hands :)

Awesome! So, does "Micro-Phonies" really look spectacular? Also, can you verify the audio for "Crash Goes The Hash?" Is it really significantly worse than the previous release?

Offline falsealarms

Awesome! So, does "Micro-Phonies" really look spectacular? Also, can you verify the audio for "Crash Goes The Hash?" Is it really significantly worse than the previous release?

I think you'll be pleased with the look of PHONIES - a lot of the issues that plagued it before seem to be gone. I recall previous copies being kinda bright in spots, but I don't see much to complain about here. Cleaned up for sure. I didn't hear any problem with the audio on CRASH - then again, I didn't have any problem with its audio on the first release either.

xraffle

I think you'll be pleased with the look of PHONIES - a lot of the issues that plagued it before seem to be gone. I recall previous copies being kinda bright in spots, but I don't see much to complain about here. Cleaned up for sure. I didn't hear any problem with the audio on CRASH - then again, I didn't have any problem with its audio on the first release either.

Thanks! I can't wait to get my copy tomorrow. I'm just dying to see "Micro-Phonies." I don't think I was ever able to get a DVD before its release date. You guys are lucky!

It seems like the audio for "Crash Goes The Hash" has some inferiority to it that only certain people are noticing. I'll have to wait tomorrow and find out.

Offline Stooges#1

Mine has shipped.  [cool]

Date   Time   Location Service Area   Checkpoint Details

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

October 06, 2008   14:10   Phoenix - West, AZ - USA   Shipment information received