Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Vol 4 Amazon Shipping Thread

Offline Stooges#1

[faint] Whoa! I just passed out from hearing that amount. That's more than double of what I paid for my set. Yikes!

I know that it is alot to pay, but these sets havent become available in Australia and who knows of they ever will be. I'll even pay the same when Sony get upto Besser, because at the end of the day it is still Moe and Larry that i'll be watching.

Offline archiezappa

I got my set at my local Walmart here in Athens, Alabama.  They only had one copy left.  I got it about an hour ago.  Talk about friggin' awesome!  I have almost all of the Curly episodes on newly restored/remastered/official DVD's!  All I can say is "Wow!" 

A year ago, I never would have believed it was possible.

Offline Stooges#1

I got my set at my local Walmart here in Athens, Alabama.  They only had one copy left.  I got it about an hour ago.  Talk about friggin' awesome!  I have almost all of the Curly episodes on newly restored/remastered/official DVD's!  All I can say is "Wow!" 

A year ago, I never would have believed it was possible.

I know exactly what you mean. I'll be forever greatful to Sony and what they're doing for us fans.

Offline ArPharazon

Got it at Best Buy Tuesday afternoon.  Haven't watched any of it yet.  They had 3 or 4 copies in the "normal" location, I don't know if there were any in any of their "new" racks.  I'll probably rip the shorts to .WMV format in the next couple days, so I can watch some of them at work  ::).

Dunrobin, I'm glad you mentioned the Futurama movie, I didn't know a third one was coming out at all, if that soon.  I still have to get the second one.

Offline falsealarms

Greetings from Amazon.com.

You saved $5.00 with Amazon.com's Pre-order Price Guarantee!

The price of the item(s) decreased after you ordered them, and we gave you the lowest price.

The following title(s) decreased in price:

The Three Stooges Collection, Vol. 4: 1943-1945
             Price on order date: $21.99
       Price charged at shipping: $21.99
 Lowest price before release date: $16.99
           Amount to be refunded: $5.40
                        Quantity: 1
                   Total Savings: $5.00

$5.00 is your total savings under our Pre-order Price Guarantee.

Because we reduced the price of your pre-release title between shipment (when we charged you) and the release date, you will automatically receive a refund for $5.40.  You will receive an additional e-mail when this refund is processed.

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
I got the same email this morning from Amazon.com, which makes me think that maybe I got pissed off yesterday for nothing, by being impatient.  When I was discussing this with my co-worker this morning, I suddenly seemed to remember that the original release date for volume 4 was October 14th, if I'm recalling it correctly.  That would certainly jive with that final paragraph in the email with Amazon.com, and that would explain what happened.  I suspect that Sony bumped the release date back, so Amazon went ahead and released the pre-orders right away, before they confirmed the price drop.  This was the first time that had ever happened to me in all the years that I have been dealing with Amazon, but this was also the first time that something I had pre-ordered was released earlier than expected.

Offline falsealarms

On a happier note, vol 4 is in the top 20 of the top selling DVDs at Amazon (#20). I believe that's about as high as I've seen any volume over there.

Deep Discount: #3 among top sellers
DVD Empire: #16 among top sellers

Offline Justin T

Glad to see Amazon giving you guys refunds for the price drop.

Thanks for keeping up updated on how well Vol 4 is selling False,  if it does
as well as the first 3 we should be hearing an announcement about Volume 5
soon, hopefully.
"Moronica must expand! We must lend our neighbors a helping hand. We must lend them two helping hands, and help ourselves to our neighbors!"
Moe in "You Natzi Spy!"

Larry: Say, when I come back I’ll give you a password.
Moe: Brilliant, what’ll it be?
Larry: Open The Door!
"Studio Stoops"

Offline Stooges#1

On a happier note, vol 4 is in the top 20 of the top selling DVDs at Amazon (#20). I believe that's about as high as I've seen any volume over there.Deep Discount: #3 among top sellers
DVD Empire: #16 among top sellers

I think it was volume 2 or 3, on Amazon one of those volume were #8.

Offline Shemp27

After complaining on this board about amazon.com they automatically gave me a refund since they lowered the rpice. Bravo amazon
Quiet numbskulls I'm broadcasting!

xraffle

I got the same email this morning from Amazon.com, which makes me think that maybe I got pissed off yesterday for nothing, by being impatient. 

Well, maybe Amazon is giving people refunds because of your complaint. Probably, people went to that link you posted and complained. Since many people demanded a refund, Amazon probably decided to issue refunds to everyone who pre-ordered the set since people were getting angry about it. So, maybe you didn't get pissed off for nothing. Maybe you made a difference after all. Now thanks to you, everyone who pre-ordered from Amazon saved $5. ;D

Offline archiezappa

Offline Stooges#1

Both my packages arrived in the country at the same time.

October 06, 2008   17:07   Phoenix - West, AZ - USA   Shipment picked up

October 06, 2008   19:53   Phoenix - West, AZ - USA   Departed from DHL facility in Phoenix - West - USA

October 06, 2008   20:28   Phoenix, AZ - USA   Arrived at DHL facility in Phoenix - USA

October 06, 2008   21:15   Phoenix, AZ - USA   Departed from DHL facility in Phoenix - USA

October 07, 2008   02:16   Wilmington Airpark, OH - USA   Arrived at DHL facility in Wilmington Airpark - USA

October 07, 2008   02:59   Wilmington Airpark, OH - USA   Transferred through Wilmington Airpark - USA

October 07, 2008   06:08   Wilmington Airpark, OH - USA   Departed from DHL facility in Wilmington Airpark - USA

October 07, 2008   07:10   Los Angeles Gateway, CA - USA   Arrived at DHL facility in Los Angeles Gateway - USA

October 07, 2008   11:55   Los Angeles Gateway, CA - USA   Departed from DHL facility in Los Angeles Gateway - USA

October 09, 2008   22:07   Melbourne - Australia   Arrived at DHL facility in Melbourne - Australia

So tomorrow afternoon i should have them.

Offline metaldams

I'm a bit behind, but I just placed my order today, and for the cheap price.  Amazon has always been quick for me over the years, so I'm imagining I'll get mine within the next week.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Stooges#1

This is the update.

October 10, 2008   07:43   Melbourne - Australia   With delivery courier

Any minute now.  [cool]

Offline Stooges#1

^^^

5 hours later, head of security which is my little Pomeranian with a huge set of lungs was barking so loud that i immediately said DHL.  ;)

Its here.  ;D

Offline falsealarms

^^^

5 hours later, head of security which is my little Pomeranian with a huge set of lungs was barking so loud that i immediately said DHL.  ;)

Its here.  ;D

Enjoy :)

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
Mine arrived yesterday, but I didn't get a chance to watch it until this evening.  We're watching I Can Hardly Wait right now.  I love this collection!   ;D