Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Question about Soup to Nuts/Filmography

Offline FineBari3

There is a line in the Soup to Nuts entry in the filmography that says: "The real-life wives of the Stooges appear as their girlfriends."

I have heard this before, as there are pictures of the Stooges' wives sitting with their husbands on the set in Moe's biography but....

I remember seeing a photograph in another more recent Stooges book that shows them with their girlfriends in the film, and they most certainly are NOT their wives. I remember this distinctively, as Shemp looks like he has his hand on his 'girlfriend's' ass!  (Of course, I quickly looked through my Stooge books and I cannot find it).

I also recall looking at the film when I first saw it in 1995, and remember that those were not their wives, as I thought they would be (probably because of the picture in Moe's bio).

Can anybody else confirm this, so the filmography can be corrected?
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

Offline Sadistic Stooge

Check out the book one fine stooge , there is pictures of the stooges wives in it from soup to nuts .

Offline FineBari3

Check out the book one fine stooge , there is pictures of the stooges wives in it from soup to nuts .

That is a picture of the Stooges and their real-life wives, taken at the same time as the picture in Moe's biography (the wives are wearing fire helmets).

I found the picture I am talking about. It is on page 27 of the Forrester Bros. book, and they are all sitting on a stoop. Those women are most certainly not Babe, Mabel, or Helen!

I still would prefer a confirmation of this before I change the Filmography.
Mar-Jean Zamperini

Offline JazzBill

I have read or heard that the girls on the fire truck in " Soup To Nuts " with the boys were their real life wives. I could be wrong but I do believe the Filmography to be correct.
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

Offline JazzBill

I just watched the fire truck scene from "Soup To Nuts", and Shemp even calls his girlfriend Babe in the movie. Going by the pictures that were in the Bonus Features of the DVD "Shemp Cocktail ", it sure looks like her.

Offline FineBari3

I just watched the fire truck scene from "Soup To Nuts", and Shemp even calls his girlfriend Babe in the movie. Going by the pictures that were in the Bonus Features of the DVD "Shemp Cocktail ", it sure looks like her.

Yes, he does! That is why I really looked at the film closely. The picture in the Forrester book has the same women that were in the film, which were not their real life wives.

I don't have time to really look at it until tonight, as its our Oktoberfest extravaganza here in Evans City, complete with zombies.
Mar-Jean Zamperini

Offline JazzBill

I don't have time to really look at it until tonight, as its our Oktoberfest extravaganza here in Evans City, complete with zombies.
Sounds like a good time. Have fun!! [drunk]