Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Joan Maurer & Gary Owens on Internet Radio, Oct. 22

Linked Events

• Joan Maurer on Internet Radio: October 22, 2008 - October 28, 2008

Offline BeAStooge

Wednesday October 22, Joan Howard Maurer, radio/TV personality Gary Owens, and Stooges Among Us editor/author Lon Davis will be the guests on STU'S SHOW, a weekly show on Shokus Internet Radio.

STU'S SHOW is webcast 7PM - 9PM Eastern / 4PM - 6PM Pacific. The first hour is a casual interview format, and the 2nd hour is usually opened up to listener phone calls.

Here's some more information from host Stu Shostak...
Please feel free to call into the show when we broadcast live on 10/22.  My plan right now is to basically interview Joan on what it was like growing up as a Stooge daughter, while focusing on the guys' professional career with Gary Owens.  As you know, Gary paid for the Stooges' star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame out of his own pocket.  We'll also have Lon Davis, the author of "Stooges Among Us" via phone.  There's no way we're going to be able to cover everything I want, so hope Joan will come back for another show in 2009.  I have a feeling if the show goes as well as I'm thinking it will, it will be the first of many conversations with Joan!

FYI - the show will air live on Wednesday 10/22 beginning at 4 p.m. PDT (7 p.m. EDT) and will rebroadcast daily at the same time through Tuesday 10/28, except on Sunday, when it will air at 9 a.m. PDT and noon EDT.

Listeners can hear the show by going to www.shokusradio.com and clicking on the ENTER SITE button, which will launch the station feed automatically in a small box that can be minimized. (If that doesn't work, there are several players on the main.html page that will launch the feed, and we're also listed in Itunes under Radio/Eclectic.)

A full press release will be available one week before showtime.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2008, 08:07:16 PM by BeAStooge »

Offline curlysdame

Cool, the 22nd!  How appropriate!  Although I'll have re-mark my calender; I think Joan told me it was the 15th. 
"Imagine five things like us in one room??  I can't stand it!" - Curly (Time Out For Rhythm 1941)

Offline BeAStooge

Reminder...

A recording of the program will be rebroadcast over this week: Thurs - Sat & Mon - Tue at 7PM Eastern, and Sunday 12PM Eastern.

Offline falsealarms

This was a very good interview, but I was surprised that Joan hasn't seen any of the Besser's. Some argue she isn't missing much.

This potential "Stooge Kids" book with Joan and Paul sounds like it could be a real treat. Hopefully, it gets finished and published. I've been anticipating it since it was mentioned in the STOOGES AMONG US book.

It sounds like Joan and Paul will be doing a joint show on Shokus in the future.