Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

"GOD" FREAKS

· 5 · 1549

garysheski

AOL users, ever notice on the AOL news pages, in the comments boards, that there are some people, who, regardless of the news item or subject matter, will always start Bible-thumping about God, Jesus, damnation/salvation and all that stuff that has nothing whatever to do with the subject at hand? Well I have a small cartoon I send these people, titled "Goes Does the Talk-Show Circuit" showing God, sitting with Jay Leno, discussing His work: "Of all my creations, I think one of my best would have to be the sense of humor. However, the irony is that the people who profess to believe in me the very strongest are the ones least likely to have one!"

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
Funny - I consider myself a Christian, but I have a wicked sense of humor (just look at my latest signature block) and have always thought that God must have one too, since He made us!   ;)

Still, I know what the cartoon means: followers of organized religions do seem to have a poor sense of humor, especially when it comes to their beliefs.  Personally, I say the Muslims have the worst sense of humor, but a lot of Protestant Christians are nearly as bad.  Of course, I believe that a lot of "Protestants" are little more than latter day Pharisees, totaling missing the point.   ::)

garysheski

Thanks, I agree completely! Once a pair of LDS disciples came to my door, and when I let them in to chat, they began to berate, degrade, and insult my wife, who was born a Bhuddist. I ran them out with my shotgun (unloaded) they never came back again!

Offline metaldams

They even come on Three Stooges message boards and make you tube style videos containing Stooge film clips to religious music!

I agree with Rob 100% about the Pharisees comment, an analogy I often use myself.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
They even come on Three Stooges message boards and make you tube style videos containing Stooge film clips to religious music!

I agree with Rob 100% about the Pharisees comment, an analogy I often use myself.

How the hell did I miss that mess? I would have killed that mess right after that first rambling post with Bible quotes. Far too much Bible Thumping on the site lately for my taste...
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown