Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Memorable Lines By Supporting Players

Offline curlysdame

Just remembered a really good, definitive one... from A-Plumbing We Will Go.  Bess Flowers asks the butler (can't think of the actor, offhand) what's going on and he replies, "It's the plumbers, Madam... and they're wrecking the house!" 
"Imagine five things like us in one room??  I can't stand it!" - Curly (Time Out For Rhythm 1941)

Offline FineBari3

Just remembered a really good, definitive one... from A-Plumbing We Will Go.  Bess Flowers asks the butler (can't think of the actor, offhand) what's going on and he replies, "It's the plumbers, Madam... and they're wrecking the house!" 

Yeah! I can hear his stuffy accent now!
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

moe-jo

and of course the legendary...
"Hold hands, you lovebirds!" Emil Sitka in Brideless Groom
Of course.  A classic.

I also enjoy in Brideless Groom the part where Shemp goes into Miss Hopkins' hotel room and she thinks he's Cousin Basil but then he isn't so she's like "How DARE you pretend to be my cousin Basil!"  *SLAP* *SLAP* etc. etc.

Offline Double Deal Decker

According to the director of "Brideless Groom", Edward Bernds, Christine McIntyre held back on giving Shemp hard slaps during the "Cousin Basil" scene. Shemp had to coach Christine in giving him the real hard slaps that appeared in the final take. Bernds said the scene was timed to perfection !!  Way to go, Shemp !!! :D

Offline FineBari3

Of course.  A classic.

I also enjoy in Brideless Groom the part where Shemp goes into Miss Hopkins' hotel room and she thinks he's Cousin Basil but then he isn't so she's like "How DARE you pretend to be my cousin Basil!"  *SLAP* *SLAP* etc. etc.

"How dare you strike me!"

My fav short of all time! I don't care if it's one of the PD shorts!  [bitchin]
Mar-Jean Zamperini

Offline curlysdame

"How dare you strike me!"

My fav short of all time! I don't care if it's one of the PD shorts!  [bitchin]

And of course, the follow up line, which always cracks me up, "...Taking advantage of a poor, weak, woman! *SLAP-SLAP-K.O.*  ..."Can I help it if I ain't Cousin Basil?"  LMAO!
"Imagine five things like us in one room??  I can't stand it!" - Curly (Time Out For Rhythm 1941)

..."Good night, gentlemen. I hope you'll have a nice LONG sleep."....   :D

Ted Lorch in "If A Body Meets A Body." (1945)

Offline curlysdame

How about that old woman on the jury in Disorder in the Court?  "Broad Lane - 9972... after 5 o'clock!"

Offline FineBari3

How about that old woman on the jury in Disorder in the Court?  "Broad Lane - 9972... after 5 o'clock!"

YEAH!!!!!!!

Oh, man.....I never understood that line until I was much older!  [groucho]
Mar-Jean Zamperini

Offline busybuddy

"All I wanted was a nice quiet visit!" Emil Sitka in Gents in a Jam.

Bud Jamison: "She's in a coma."
Little Billy: "I am not! I'm in a bed!" in Men In Black

Larry: (after trading their car for a boat) "Wait 'til he tries to drive our car!"
John Tyrell: "Wait 'til you try to run that boat!" in Booby Dupes

"If I ever get you guys again, I'll tear you limb from limb!" Vernon Dent in Dizzy Doctors and Scrambled Brains
I think Birdie will go for that!

..."I'm 'Big Mike' and when I stand a chance to lose a hundred grand, I like to do something about it."

Harold Brauer in "Fright Night." (1947)

A few more,....

"...Everything happens ta' me !!!"....

"I'm gonna make soldiers outta you guys if I hafta' KILL YA',....AND I HOPE I DO !!!"

Richard Fiske in "Boobs In Arms" (1940)

"...Where are those three SUN BAKED HAMS !!!"....

"...The only thing that keeps me from killin' you birds is I'm shorta' bullets !!!"

Kathryn Sheldon in "Rockin' Thru The Rockies" (1940)

"...He's my little ole dreamboat !!"...

Dee Green in "Brideless Groom" (1947)
  (To which Shemp replied,..."You're 'little dreamboat' is sailin' !! " )

"...Alright bub,...where's that little piece of paper that was in my pants pocket?"

Harold Brauer in "Sing A Song Of Six Pants" (1947)

..."G'wan !! I met your family before !!"....    :D

Harold Brauer to Shemp in "Fright Night" (1947)

Offline archiezappa

"No, you're Baron of Graymatter." - Walter Brennan to Curly in "Restless Knights"   ;D

stooged and confused

This is a great thread!!

How about the line in "Half Shot Shooters" where Stanley Blystone is going to test the Stooges' ears for tolerance of the big gun blasts.

Moe: "That's a new one on me."

Stanley Blystone: "Yeah, I just thought of it!"

Glad you like the thread, stooged and confused !!  As I mentioned in an earlier post, there is such a wealth of material contained in the shorts that it is impossible to remember everything in one sitting. Right now, "I'm tryin' ta' think, but..nothing happens !!!" :D

..."Oh, no. YOU stay here and I'LL go in and get it. What kind of a fool do you think I Am?"

Leroy Mason in "Saved By The Belle" (1939)
BTW,...Curly repiled to his inquiry with...."Is there more than one kind?"  :D

...."QUICK, QUICK, Get a doctor !! Is there a doctor in the house?...Oh !! I'm a doctor. How are ya' doctor?"

John Tyrell in "From Nurse To Worse" (1940)    :D

..."You'll like me after we get to know one another. I grow on people."...

June Gittelson in "False Alarms" (1936)

To which Curly replied,..."So do warts !!!"  :D

Offline archiezappa

"They tried to drown me.  As a matter of fact, they did!"  Christine McIntyre (Three Pests In A Mess)