Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Error in "Triple Crossed" transcript

I don't know if this is the place to bring this up (I'm sure you'll let me know if it's not!), but I found this error in the transcript:

LARRY: [frees himself from Moe] Wait! You know. All ring the bells. Like bell and a ball.

It should say this:

LARRY: [frees himself from Moe] Wait! You know. All women are belles. Like the belle of the ball.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2023, 10:48:36 AM by Desmond Of The Outer Sanctorum »
"Give me a smart idiot over a stupid genius any day." -- Samuel Goldwyn

The people who have your best interests at heart...
...are generally not the ones telling you whatever you want to hear.

And right below that:

LARRY: [looks relieved] Whew! What an arrow escape. He suspects Belle and I. [sits down at his desk] I gotta find myself a fore guy before he gets wise.

This should be:

LARRY: [looks relieved] Whew! What a narrow escape. He suspects Belle and I. [sits down at his desk] I gotta find myself a fall guy before he gets wise.

I'm sure there'll be more, but I'll shut up for now.
"Give me a smart idiot over a stupid genius any day." -- Samuel Goldwyn

The people who have your best interests at heart...
...are generally not the ones telling you whatever you want to hear.

xraffle

Desmond,

I created that transcript and I appreciate you pointing out those errors. Sometimes, I misinterpret words when writing up these transcripts. I'll fix those errors asap. Your help is greatly appreciated, so if you see anymore errors, feel free to PM me.

I'm glad to see that people are reading the transcripts. To be honest, Larry sorta mumbled those lines and he was a bit hard to understand at times on that episode. This is where closed-captions come in handy, but most of these shorts don't have that yet. Glad to see you're a better listener than me.

Edit: It's fixed. Like I said, if you see anymore errors on any of my transcripts, please don't hesitate to PM me.

Offline Giff me dat fill-em!

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
I don't know if this is the place to bring this us (I'm sure you'll let me know if it's not!), but I found this error in the transcript:

LARRY: [frees himself from Moe] Wait! You know. All ring the bells. Like bell and a ball.

It should say this:

LARRY: [frees himself from Moe] Wait! You know. All women are belles. Like the belle of the ball.

Although it is perfectly appropriate (and sometimes advisable) to contact the person who wrote the transcripts, if you do not feel like spending THAT much effort in reporting a transcript error, such as creating a new thread to illuminate the fact, you can access the "Nitpicker's Corner" discussion board. Do this by, on the home page, click on "Community/Forum/General Boards". There you will find a discussion board titled "Nitpicker's Corner". Clicking on that topic will lead you to the thread "Nitpicking Transcripts" where I have set aside an entire thread for this sort of thing.
It is with great joy I do this ... for our Team Stoogers have been rallying to the cause to get transcripts made and online! It is only their own human-ness that we find errors in them. WE can help by posting our finds in this dedicated forum, "Nitpicking Transcripts". I urge ALL who love viewing our boys to look up the episode on this site and print out the transcript, if it exists. READ along and watch for oddities, whether grammatical or not!

The Team Stooge members will be forever your friends if you find an oddity or error to report.

This is the easiest way to alert them to any "problems" you find. I assure you that Team Stooge Members watch this thread diligently.

Enjoy your new feature here at Three Stooges.net - that of being able to read along with an episode to further enhance your love of our boys!
The tacks won't come out! Well, they went in ... maybe they're income tacks.