Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Amazon "preparing to ship" Vol 3

xraffle

Hey guys just to give my two cents. It is worth the 75.00 a year to be an amazon prime member because if you order a lot on there you make your money back. Example of this is that when I order ANYTHING i get free 2 day shipping which means i get volume 3 on release day which is pretty nifty. If i would have splurged the extra 3.99 I would have gotten it a day before release on monday. So for all you people who paid for two day or one day shipping be prepared for your DVD on or before release day. If you for the free super saver shipping I would expect it around friday or so. Hope I helped some people

Whether it's worth being an Amazon prime member all depends on how often you order from them. If you order a lot, it's well worth it. If you only order from them once in a while, then it's not worth it.

ThumpTheShoes

Hey guys just to give my two cents. It is worth the 75.00 a year to be an amazon prime member because if you order a lot on there you make your money back. Example of this is that when I order ANYTHING i get free 2 day shipping which means i get volume 3 on release day which is pretty nifty. If i would have splurged the extra 3.99 I would have gotten it a day before release on Monday. So for all you people who paid for two day or one day shipping be prepared for your DVD on or before release day. If you for the free super saver shipping I would expect it around Friday or so. Hope I helped some people

Good commercial, but not always true. And since the "floor" is open, so to speak, I'll give my own tale of woe..

I preordered each of the first two Stooge sets, both on the day they became available thru Amazon. The first set I paid for 2 day shipping-- I got the set on Thursday! (Yep, 2 days!) For the second set I thought, "Aha! I'll pay for 1-day shipping and it'll get here at least on Tuesday!" The order hadn't even been processed by late that Monday night, so I downgraded the shipping to standard (rather than cancel) and still got the thing 2 days late.

Nothing I've ever preordered from Amazon has shipped early. Ever. All the way back to the Spider Man gift set, Evil Dead Book of the Dead Edition, and countless tv/dvd sets. I'm sure things could work faster, as I'm right in the Florence area of SC, and the nearest shipping facility is Greensboro, NC, not far away!

Amazon's preorder prices are often quite nice, but nothing guarantees early (or even on time) arrival.

xraffle

Amazon's preorder prices are often quite nice, but nothing guarantees early (or even on time) arrival.

What's funny is that everyone here seems to have different experience with shipping. Some people get it extremely fast. Even in BeAStooge's case, he got his the day before release date. However, some others, such as myself are in the same position as you. It takes a while to arrive. I believe it either has to do with what area you live in or how much Amazon likes you. ;D

Offline falsealarms

What's funny is that everyone here seems to have different experience with shipping. Some people get it extremely fast. Even in BeAStooge's case, he got his the day before release date. However, some others, such as myself are in the same position as you. It takes a while to arrive. I believe it either has to do with what area you live in or how much Amazon likes you. ;D

You're right. It's all about location, location, location - and of course, the shipping speed you chose. It's all about where you are in proximity to the shipping center where it's shipping from. For this DVD (for me) they are shipping out of some obscure place called HORSHAM, PA. That's where vol 2 came from too. It's only about 4 hours from me and I end up getting overnight shipping at the cost of 2 day shipping.

Offline Justin T

You're right. It's all about location, location, location - and of course, the shipping speed you chose. It's all about where you are in proximity to the shipping center where it's shipping from. For this DVD (for me) they are shipping out of some obscure place called HORSHAM, PA. That's where vol 2 came from too. It's only about 4 hours from me and I end up getting overnight shipping at the cost of 2 day shipping.

False is correct, it also depends from which warehouse Amazon ships it from. Since I live in Western NY I also usually get my stuff from Amazon
shipped out of PA as well,(ive gotten alot of items shipped from Horsham myself) which is only 4 to 6 hours from me depending on the location.
So if I get fast shipping I usually get it on time. I've only had one package arrive late on me in the last 4 years ive ordered stuff from Amazon, that
was on standard shipping, which I have to say is pretty darn lucky for me.

I use Amazon at least every 2 to 3 months, so I'm still debating wheather to pay the 79 bucks for Amazon Prime membership.
"Moronica must expand! We must lend our neighbors a helping hand. We must lend them two helping hands, and help ourselves to our neighbors!"
Moe in "You Natzi Spy!"

Larry: Say, when I come back I’ll give you a password.
Moe: Brilliant, what’ll it be?
Larry: Open The Door!
"Studio Stoops"

Offline Benno123

I just walked in the door from a quick trip to a local Wal Mart with my wife.  Waiting for her I was looking around the movies and what did my two blue eyes see on the shelf but the brand new volume 3 sitting there.  Needless to say I went ahead and bought my copy to save a trip tomorrow.

We have a Best Buy here and it always amazes me how Wally World seems to have a better selection of DVDs then a store like Best Buy. 

Offline Shemp27

Well as it has been noted if you use amazon even moderately I believe it is worth it. For example I believe that two day shipping is around like 7 bucks on an order. Well I order at least two orders a month for free shipping do the math. Not a commercial just trying to save some stooge heads some money lol
Quiet numbskulls I'm broadcasting!

xraffle

I just walked in the door from a quick trip to a local Wal Mart with my wife.  Waiting for her I was looking around the movies and what did my two blue eyes see on the shelf but the brand new volume 3 sitting there. 

It's amazing how stores are selling Volume 3 before its release date,

Well as it has been noted if you use amazon even moderately I believe it is worth it. For example I believe that two day shipping is around like 7 bucks on an order. Well I order at least two orders a month for free shipping do the math. Not a commercial just trying to save some stooge heads some money lol

Oh yeah. If you order from Amazon a lot, then the Amazon Prime is well worth it.

Offline Stooges#1

Its been shipped.  [cool]

Date   Time   Location Service Area   Checkpoint Details

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

August 25, 2008   17:10   Phoenix - West, AZ - USA   Shipment picked up

It should be in my hands in about 2 days.

Offline Justin T

Its been shipped.  [cool]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It should be in my hands in about 2 days.

That's great news, I ordered mine yesterday afternoon from Amazon and it shipped that night. However, I still
can't believe my copy of Vol 3 was delivered to my house TODAY at 1:00pm and I only used 2 day shipping!!

The shipping stuff is all over the place, some like Brent got their's early while others were shipped the day before
its release date.

For fun, here is the shipping tracker info on my order of Vol 3 from Amazon.
----------------------------------
August 26, 2008 01:19:00 PM ROMULUS NY US Delivered
August 26, 2008 06:31:00 AM GENEVA NY US Out for delivery
August 26, 2008 04:16:00 AM GENEVA NY US Arrival Scan
August 26, 2008 03:20:00 AM E. SYRACUSE NY US Departure Scan
August 26, 2008 12:29:00 AM E. SYRACUSE NY US Arrival Scan
August 25, 2008 09:04:00 PM STROUDSBURG PA US Departure Scan
August 25, 2008 08:18:00 PM STROUDSBURG PA US Arrival Scan
August 25, 2008 07:41:00 PM BETHLEHEM PA US Departure Scan
August 25, 2008 07:22:53 PM US Shipment has left seller facility and is in transit
August 25, 2008 05:58:00 PM BETHLEHEM PA US Shipment received by carrier
-------------------------

I hope others get their copies as quickly as I did.
"Moronica must expand! We must lend our neighbors a helping hand. We must lend them two helping hands, and help ourselves to our neighbors!"
Moe in "You Natzi Spy!"

Larry: Say, when I come back I’ll give you a password.
Moe: Brilliant, what’ll it be?
Larry: Open The Door!
"Studio Stoops"

Offline Stooges#1

Updated:

August 25, 2008   19:11   Phoenix - West, AZ - USA   Departed from DHL facility in Phoenix - West - USA

August 25, 2008   19:35   Phoenix, AZ - USA   Arrived at DHL facility in Phoenix - USA

August 25, 2008   19:38   Phoenix, AZ - USA   Departed from DHL facility in Phoenix - USA

August 26, 2008   11:20   Los Angeles Gateway, CA - USA   Departed from DHL facility in Los Angeles Gateway - USA

It departed from LA about 15 hours ago so it should arrive in Australia in about 7-8 hours time and then get delivered tomorrow morning, which is wednesday night in America. I cant wait, luckily technology is the way that it is and we have the use of credit cards because these sets arent sold in Australia.

Offline Stooges#1

My package has arrived in the country and has completed the "Clearance processing". Unfortunately its 45 minutes away in another city, so it'll either ship to my city and then get delivered to my house or i'll get it tomorrow. 

AmalgamatedMoron

You guys are fortunate.  Even you, Stooges#1.  You are on track to receive your order pretty quick, for a shipment from the States to Australia.  I pre-ordered Volume 3 back in July from Amazon.  I received an email Sunday night, August 24, at around 7:00 PM--stating my package has shipped.  So far, all I have received from Amazon's tracking info is the following:

Date                    Time                Location                Event Details

August 27, 2008     08:45:00 AM     HAZELWOOD MO     Arrival Scan (at Hazelwood Post Office)
August 24, 2008     07:27:00 PM     HAZELWOOD MO     Shipment has left seller facility and is in transit

Just got home from work, and guess what?  No Stooges DVD!  This is what I get for choosing the free Super Saver shipping.  I have ants in my pants, and I'm starting to get very edgy.  This had better arrive tomorrow, or I'm off to the store to purchase a copy, and then return Amazon's DVD received via their damned snail shipping.  What really gets on my noives about this, is that I live about 20 minutes away from Amazon's Hazelwood, Mo facility.  If only they would let me drive there and pick it up myself!  My patience is wearing thin.  What the hell was I thinking using that shipping option, on this DVD?  I deserve a good kick in the ass for this one.

Offline Stooges#1

I would assume that that would be a pain in the arse. As for myself i think im asking for a bit too much, even if i have to wait another day oh well there isnt much i can do about that.

I have had packages arrive at my house within 24 hours, because sometimes they ship from a city in the US to Hawaii and Hawaii to Australia is only a 10 hour flight. So i have been very fortunate in my experience using Amazon. I have just come to the stage where four days to wait for a package from Amazon is a bit too long, but your wait must be driving you crazy.

AmalgamatedMoron

I have just come to the stage where four days to wait for a package from Amazon is a bit too long, but your wait must be driving you crazy.

It is!  Especially given the proximity of Amazon's facility, in relation to my house.  As I said, about a 20 minute drive.  I'm going to buy Volume 4 from a local store.  Amazon can be used for just "regular old stuff".  But not my beloved Stooges!  I'm too damn impatient.

xraffle

You guys are fortunate.  Even you, Stooges#1.  You are on track to receive your order pretty quick, for a shipment from the States to Australia.  I pre-ordered Volume 3 back in July from Amazon.  I received an email Sunday night, August 24, at around 7:00 PM--stating my package has shipped.  So far, all I have received from Amazon's tracking info is the following:

Date                    Time                Location                Event Details

August 27, 2008     08:45:00 AM     HAZELWOOD MO     Arrival Scan (at Hazelwood Post Office)
August 24, 2008     07:27:00 PM     HAZELWOOD MO     Shipment has left seller facility and is in transit

Just got home from work, and guess what?  No Stooges DVD!  This is what I get for choosing the free Super Saver shipping.  I have ants in my pants, and I'm starting to get very edgy.  This had better arrive tomorrow, or I'm off to the store to purchase a copy, and then return Amazon's DVD received via their damned snail shipping.  What really gets on my noives about this, is that I live about 20 minutes away from Amazon's Hazelwood, Mo facility.  If only they would let me drive there and pick it up myself!  My patience is wearing thin.  What the hell was I thinking using that shipping option, on this DVD?  I deserve a good kick in the ass for this one.

This is exactly why I didn't order from Amazon. I went through the exact same thing with Volume 1. Since then, I learned my lesson. But some people like Brent got there's really early. Amazon is very strange with shipping.

Offline falsealarms

There's a reason why free super save shipping is free :)

AmalgamatedMoron

Exactly falsealarms.  It's great if you're not at all concerned when you receive your product.  But if you're looking forward to something, and the release date is near, and you are waiting with bated breath, it's definitely NOT the way to go.  I won't make this mistake again when purchasing the remaining Stooges collections. 

My DVD will probably get here tomorrow, or at the latest, Friday--I certainly hope so anyway.  With the 3 day weekend coming up, I can't think of anything better to do than watch a bunch of Stooges with my son.  I also ordered the complete theatrical collection of Droopy.  Funniest dog I know.  What a great way to spend the holiday--laughing it up with Moe, Larry, Curly, and of course Droopy.  Come on Amazon, don't let me down!

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
I guess that I've just grown more patient as I've grown older; waiting a week for my DVD to arrive doesn't bother me anymore.  Maybe it's just because I have plenty to do to keep me distracted until it does show up.

If you choose the standard shipping option to save money (and I agree that spending nearly as much for shipping as you do for the DVD does seem silly), you are probably urging on the wrong party.  It is the government monopoly - USPS - that takes it damned sweet time delivering your package, since they have no real incentive to move quickly to keep customers happy. 

Offline Stooges#1

I guess that I've just grown more patient as I've grown older; waiting a week for my DVD to arrive doesn't bother me anymore.  Maybe it's just because I have plenty to do to keep me distracted until it does show up.

If you choose the standard shipping option to save money (and I agree that spending nearly as much for shipping as you do for the DVD does seem silly), you are probably urging on the wrong party.  It is the government monopoly - USPS - that takes it damned sweet time delivering your package, since they have no real incentive to move quickly to keep customers happy. 

Oh for sure, it is silly to spend a bundle on shipping, like i am doing with my Amazon purchases, but before i had my credit card i would go to my local post office to place my orders with a money order, which took two weeks to get to Seattle and another two weeks for my order to be shipped to my house and i would pay an arm and a leg in post office fees so it costs the same, only quicker.  ;)

xraffle

What's funny is that Amazon delays your package on purpose. If you pay standard shipping, they will ship your package right away via USPS standard shipping. However, if you choose Free shipping, it will still ship via USPS standard, but they'll wait an extra 2-7 business days before they ship your item.

What's strange is that my dad orders books from Amazon all the time with free shipping and it arrives really fast. I don't know why Amazon is faster in shipping books.

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
If you pay standard shipping, they will ship your package right away via USPS standard shipping. However, if you choose Free shipping, it will still ship via USPS standard, but they'll wait an extra 2-7 business days before they ship your item.

Well, if they didn't, everyone would choose the "free" shipping option and they wouldn't make any money on it.   ;)

What's strange is that my dad orders books from Amazon all the time with free shipping and it arrives really fast. I don't know why Amazon is faster in shipping books.

I've noticed the same thing, but it only seems to be hot new releases that take longer, at least in my own experience.  DVDs that have been out for a while have (so far) delivered just as fast as the books I've ordered.

xraffle

Well, if they didn't, everyone would choose the "free" shipping option and they wouldn't make any money on it.   ;)

Yeah, that's true. I heard in the news one time that Amazon is losing money with the Free Shipping. Why they still choose to offer it even though they're losing money is beyond me. I guess they really want to attract more customers.

Offline Stooges#1

These are the last few updates i received:

August 28, 2008   09:13   Sydney - Australia   Arrived at DHL facility in Sydney - Australia

August 28, 2008   09:13   Sydney - Australia   Clearance processing complete at Sydney - Australia

August 28, 2008   20:03   Sydney - Australia   Departed from DHL facility in Sydney - Australia

August 29, 2008   05:20   Melbourne - Australia   Arrived at DHL facility in Melbourne - Australia

So my package arrived at its destination at 5:20am, it has been cleared in customs and now its 7:35am so i'll be getting my package at some stage this morning.  [cool]

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
My copy was waiting for me when I got home tonight, a day earlier than I expected.   [whoo]