Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

(POLL) New to DVD shorts in vol 3 - which is most anticipated?

Poll

Which of the shorts new to DVD in volume 3 do you MOST anticipate?

From Nurse to Worse
Cookoo Cavaliers
So Long, Mr Chumps
Some More of Somoa
Loco Boy Makes Good
What's the Matador?
Even as I.O.U
Sock A Bye Baby

Offline falsealarms

For me, it's Some More of Somoa with Loco Boy Makes Good a very close second.

What about you?

Offline Justin T

For me, it's Some More of Somoa with Loco Boy Makes Good a very close second.

What about you?

That's pretty much how I feel, I love Somoa and Loco but I like Samoa a little bit
more so that's the one I'd go with
"Moronica must expand! We must lend our neighbors a helping hand. We must lend them two helping hands, and help ourselves to our neighbors!"
Moe in "You Natzi Spy!"

Larry: Say, when I come back I’ll give you a password.
Moe: Brilliant, what’ll it be?
Larry: Open The Door!
"Studio Stoops"

Offline locoboymakesgood

If you can't guess, well, I just feel sorry for you.
"Are you guys actors, or hillbillies?" - Curly, "Hollywood Party" (1934)

xraffle

If you can't guess, well, I just feel sorry for you.

Let me guess! Hmm. (still thinking) Ah! I got it! Is it "Loco Boy Makes Good?" I bet I'm right. And that was just a complete guess too. No hints or anything. ;)

Offline Moron4392

• Forever Shemp!!!!!!!!!!
  • Team Stooge
  • Puddinhead
  • Moronika For Morons
To Everyone: ;D

Gentlemen, I would like to put in my quick vote, please.  To me number one is "From Nurse To Worse," and for choice two I would have to say "Some More Of Samoa."

Thank you very much.  Sorry for bothering in.

Diane Elizabeth Hoekstra
Moron4392 [pie]

Offline Stooges#1

Im anticipating What's the Matador? the most out of all the new to dvd shorts.

Offline falsealarms

Maybe it's just me, but it seems like "Even As I.O.U" is one of the rarer Curly shorts. It's probably one of the least-seen Curly's in my experiences.

xraffle

Maybe it's just me, but it seems like "Even As I.O.U" is one of the rarer Curly shorts. It's probably one of the least-seen Curly's in my experiences.

I have the VHS copy of "Even As IOU" and it's really fuzzy. They used a terrible print. Seeing this short on the Volume 3 release is definitely going to be like watching it for the first time.

Offline archiezappa

Even As I.O.U. is one of my favorites.  I love the routines they do.  Like Curly telling a cop he had arthritis.  And that sign with Miracle Home Builders.  Hilarious.  I can't wait to see this short again.  It's been a long time.

Moe:  What are you doing?

Curly:  Scalin'.

Offline Stooges#1

Even As I.O.U. is one of my favorites.  I love the routines they do.  Like Curly telling a cop he had arthritis.  And that sign with Miracle Home Builders.  Hilarious.  I can't wait to see this short again.  It's been a long time.

Moe:  What are you doing?

Curly:  Scalin'.

This short is one of my favourites and one that i have not seen in years.

Moe: "Ripley, yeah, believe it or not"  :laugh:

Then of course there is Curly giving birth to a race horse.

Offline archiezappa

This short is one of my favourites and one that i have not seen in years.

Moe: "Ripley, yeah, believe it or not"  :laugh:

Oh yeah!  That "Ripley" gag is hilarious.  I also like Curly trying to eat that bone by salting it and trying to chew it up.  Overall, I've always considered this episode one of their best.

Moe:  Jersey?

Curly:  No, New York.   :D

xraffle

I actually found that part scary. Not only is it weird that Curly gives birth to a horse, but Curly is not a female. So basically we have a man giving birth to a baby horse. [yikes]

But other than that, it was good short. I was just never crazy about the way it ended.

Offline archiezappa

I actually found that part scary. Not only is it weird that Curly gives birth to a horse, but Curly is not a female. So basically we have a man giving birth to a baby horse. [yikes]

But other than that, it was good short. I was just never crazy about the way it ended.

Yeah, the ending of that one is total nonsense!

Offline Stooges#1

Well, he did take Vitamin Z tablets if that helps.  ;) But i agree overal that was very weird.

AmalgamatedMoron

That's not the worst part, though it is very strange.  In certain shorts where someone is in trouble, the Stooges often come out heroes.  Such as, Oily To Bed, Oily To Rise, where they retrieve the deed to the woman's house.  Nutty But Nice, where they reunite the girl and her father.  And even Cash And Carry, where they are pardoned by FDR, who also arranges for the boy's operation. 

But here they lose the girl's money, and the dough they won in the race, leaving them all broke.  I guess we're supposed to forget about the homeless mother and daughter.  But hey, Curly has a foal to raise!  That ending is odd in more ways than one.  [nuts]

Offline archiezappa

That's not the worst part, though it is very strange.  In certain shorts where someone is in trouble, the Stooges often come out heroes.  Such as, Oily To Bed, Oily To Rise, where they retrieve the deed to the woman's house.  Nutty But Nice, where they reunite the girl and her father.  And even Cash And Carry, where they are pardoned by FDR, who also arranges for the boy's operation. 

But here they lose the girl's money, and the dough they won in the race, leaving them all broke.  I guess we're supposed to forget about the homeless mother and daughter.  But hey, Curly has a foal to raise!  That ending is odd in more ways than one.  [nuts]

Yeah.  I think they focused more on the gags in this one, instead of the story.  If you follow the story, it doesn't really make very much sense.  But the gags they use are extremely funny.

Offline Lefty

While I anticipititi -- antiseptic -- look forward to most of the shorts in this volume, the top one would be "Even As I.O.U.," do to my possibly having not seen it in its entirety since the 1970s, even if the ending didn't make much sense.  Hey, did that little foal grow up to be Tony the Wonder Horse for Hoofs & Goofs?   :o

Offline archiezappa

While I anticipititi -- antiseptic -- look forward to most of the shorts in this volume, the top one would be "Even As I.O.U.," do to my possibly having not seen it in its entirety since the 1970s, even if the ending didn't make much sense.  Hey, did that little foal grow up to be Tony the Wonder Horse for Hoofs & Goofs?   :o

It's possible.  Maybe that's the tie-in from Curly to Joe.  Or maybe the horse was Sue that Shemp was shoeing in "Fiddler's Three."

xraffle

I was thoroughly reading the DVD talk review and I came across this under this: "A colt is born at the end of this short, but who's the mother? Most assume it's Seabasket but others insist it's Curly (!) who gives birth to the tiny Equidae!"

I guess it makes more sense to assume it was Seabasket who gave birth.

Offline falsealarms

Offline FineBari3

I guess nobody is Cookoo for Cookoo Cavaliers.

I didn't get vol. III yet.  Is the scene with the dog the same, as it always seemed there was something missing???

(Somebody who has the set)
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

xraffle

I didn't get vol. III yet.  Is the scene with the dog the same, as it always seemed there was something missing???

(Somebody who has the set)

It's the same. The dog gets all wet with the hair remover, but we don't see the aftermath.

Offline FineBari3

It's the same. The dog gets all wet with the hair remover, but we don't see the aftermath.

Thanks for letting me and or us know!
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

Offline Stooges#1

Thats a shame that something is missing. Is it the only bit that seems to be missing throughout the set?

xraffle

Thats a shame that something is missing. Is it the only bit that seems to be missing throughout the set?

I don't think there is any scene missing. But some people have reported that they've seen what happens to the dog after it gets soaked with the hair remover. But this Vol. 3 set presents it the same way I've seen it for years. Though I haven't live that long ago to safely say it's unedited.

Offline Stooges#1

I don't think there is any scene missing. But some people have reported that they've seen what happens to the dog after it gets soaked with the hair remover. But this Vol. 3 set presents it the same way I've seen it for years. Though I haven't live that long ago to safely say it's unedited.

Thanks for that bit of info.