The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Shameless Self Promotion

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
I just happened to notice that I'm the first one to make it to Chowderhead (3000+ posts!)   [dance]

xraffle

Yeah, you're the top poster of this forum. [clap]

According to the forum stats, these are the top 10 posters:

Dunrobin  3014
Stooge2176
shemps#1 1850
Giff me dat fill-em!1483
BeAStooge1355
Mike Holme1344
ISLIPP1113
metaldams1089
Hammond Eggar855
xraffle792

I didn't realize I made it to the top 10 until I checked just now. But I'm in last place.

Offline locoboymakesgood

Who the hell is "Stooge" and "Mike Holme"?

I've been here four and a half years and I don't recognize those names at all.
"Are you guys actors, or hillbillies?" - Curly, "Hollywood Party" (1934)

Offline metaldams

Stooge has just come back, doing Team Stooge type stuff, if I'm not mistaken.  Doesn't post much (wish he would, hey Stooge!), but he did tons of reviews back in the old days on all the sites.

Mike Holme, I remember the name, but not much else.  Was he one of the teen titans, or was he somebody else?
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Stooges#1

Well done on your milestone, Dunrobin.  [cool]

I feel sorry for you guys having to read 1113 posts from ISLIPP. So how many of you had him on ignore?  ;D

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
I'm pretty sure he was one of the Teen Titans, Doug.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
Mike Holme was okay - he was one of our earliest members, and he contributed quite a few of the episode synopses that we still use today.  He and Stooge were prolific posters back in the early days.  (Stooge was so damned prolific that it took me years to top his post count!)  Unfortunately most of the posts were lost in a database crash years ago (which is one reason why we no longer use Microsoft Access for the site.)

xraffle

Stooge has just come back, doing Team Stooge type stuff, if I'm not mistaken.  Doesn't post much (wish he would, hey Stooge!), but he did tons of reviews back in the old days on all the sites.

Yeah, Stooge doesn't post much, but he's been actively working on the transcripts.

xraffle

I feel sorry for you guys having to read 1113 posts from ISLIPP. So how many of you had him on ignore?  ;D

To be honest, in all the years I've been on this site, I never realized how bad Islipp was until I saw what he did recently at Stoogeworld. This is actually the first time I've seen him post under that name. Other times I've seen him, he's used alternate accounts such as Gorilla Watson. I definitely should read the "Islipp Classics" board to find out more about him.

Offline Stooges#1

To be honest, in all the years I've been on this site, I never realized how bad Islipp was until I saw what he did recently at Stoogeworld. This is actually the first time I've seen him post under that name. Other times I've seen him, he's used alternate accounts such as Gorilla Watson. I definitely should read the "Islipp Classics" board to find out more about him.

Oh yeah, i recommend it. I have gotten so many laughs reading Islipp Classics, i can add that to my list of things to do to cheer me up when im having a really crappy day.

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
I'm glad you're getting a kick out of the Islipp Classics board. As someone who was there from the beginning (and I think Doug might concur with me on this) I had a slight reservation on whether or not it would translate well to the newer audience. It serves as a testament to the "trolliest" of trolls and is good for a couple of hundred laughs. Unfortunately there were so many gems that we were unable to preserve (MEDITRAN comes to mind).
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline metaldams

Reading back those old SLIPP posts brings back a combination of embarrassment and awe.  Embarrassed because I communicated with the guy (there were entire BOARDS dedicated to the guy's insanity, I urge all of you to try to find the 24-7 board if possible), and because it's kind of strange reading my posts from years back.  Some ways I see how I've "matured" and changed over the years, and others make me realize I had more energy for posting in the old days.  Another thing those posts tell me is that these boards REALLY need sickdrjoe.  I still talk to him occasionally and am due to drop him another email, but man, his wit and intelligence on film and music are missed.

I will say, that over any message board I've ever seen, there was no phenomenon like ISLIPP.  I've seen trolls and loonies, but no one comes close to this guy.  For all you newer/newish guys and gals, definitely read the ISLIPP Classics.  I lived through it and still can't believe he exists.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Stooges#1

I'm glad you're getting a kick out of the Islipp Classics board. As someone who was there from the beginning (and I think Doug might concur with me on this) I had a slight reservation on whether or not it would translate well to the newer audience. It serves as a testament to the "trolliest" of trolls and is good for a couple of hundred laughs. Unfortunately there were so many gems that we were unable to preserve (MEDITRAN comes to mind).

I think its very funny, unfortunately i have only bumped into him the last 2-3 months and i could see how big a nut he is. I've noticed that he hasnt posted on Stoogeworld the last few days unless Stoogeworld banned him but im sure he'll show up again and bring many more nutty moments in his ever growing collection of the ISLIPP files.

Offline Stooges#1

Reading back those old SLIPP posts brings back a combination of embarrassment and awe.  Embarrassed because I communicated with the guy (there were entire BOARDS dedicated to the guy's insanity, I urge all of you to try to find the 24-7 board if possible), and because it's kind of strange reading my posts from years back.  Some ways I see how I've "matured" and changed over the years, and others make me realize I had more energy for posting in the old days.  Another thing those posts tell me is that these boards REALLY need sickdrjoe.  I still talk to him occasionally and am due to drop him another email, but man, his wit and intelligence on film and music are missed.

I will say, that over any message board I've ever seen, there was no phenomenon like ISLIPP.  I've seen trolls and loonies, but no one comes close to this guy.  For all you newer/newish guys and gals, definitely read the ISLIPP Classics.  I lived through it and still can't believe he exists.

I for one have been reading ISLIPP Classics. There are barely enough words in the dictionary to describe him, im afraid i'll leave something out so i wont say anything.

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
I think its very funny, unfortunately i have only bumped into him the last 2-3 months and i could see how big a nut he is. I've noticed that he hasnt posted on Stoogeworld the last few days unless Stoogeworld banned him but im sure he'll show up again and bring many more nutty moments in his ever growing collection of the ISLIPP files.

Yeah, he's been banned over there.

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
Yeah, he's been banned over there.

I sometimes wonder if Kevin's got mixed emotions about that.  His board seems to have gone back to being dead.

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
I sometimes wonder if Kevin's got mixed emotions about that.  His board seems to have gone back to being dead.

That, my friend, is the great conundrum: would you rather have a dead board or one in that is a showcase of Islipp's insanity. I'm pretty sure Kevin prefers the former. Perhaps the "other" people that were there and probably scared off by Eric will come back now.

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
To SLIPP or not to SLIPP, that is the question!   ;D

After writing that, I feel as though I should be including an animated picture of Billy Gilbert parading back and forth in a night shirt.

You see that button hole?  Rats used to come outta there!  As fast as I could pluck them out and throw them down, another would appear!  (The giant green canaries were much worse, however.)   [twitch]

Offline Stooges#1