Stooge Music Video Creation

· 33 · 7623

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
Well well. Looks like newbies still cause problems even when I don't get involved in the thread. So, I guess it's not me then. When will these people learn? ;D

Yeah - as I've said before, X, don't sweat it.  We get a few nut cases every year, although they do seem to be turning up a bit early this year.  (Has school started already?)  It's really only a handle of newbies who get obnoxious, but they are the ones you tend to remember. ;D

xraffle

I don't know, but these people who are too much into their religion are the ones who become nutty and end up doing more evil deeds. You'd think the more they pray, the better they become, but that's not always the case.

Offline metaldams

I agree with you guys that its Christians like Skeeb Wilcox that give other Christians a bad name.  I too thought televangelist, especially when he was going off about us being physically healed of illness and our financial problems being solved.  He's like Robert Tilton minus the asking of money and unintentional comedy.

That's the thing with this guy and so many others.  Christianity to them is one big self serving deal.  It's basically, "All I have to do is praise God and tell others to do so and all my worries in this life and in the after life will disappear."  They never focus on the actual works that go into being a Christian.  

I don't trust organized religion myself, but I certainly am capable of believing there is a creator and that we should all strive our best to do the right thing.  Besides, Monty Python had it right when making LIFE OF BRIAN.  Couldn't really find a lot to mock In Jesus's teaching, but some of His followers?  Ripe for comedy.

Then again, I suppose there are good and bad in all groups of people.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
Appropriately enough, Jesus prophesied that most of his "followers" would go the wrong way.  (See Matthew, chapter 7,  for example.)

Quote from: metaldams
I don't trust organized religion myself, but I certainly am capable of believing there is a creator and that we should all strive our best to do the right thing.

You're in good company.  If you read the Gospels you can't help but notice that it was the leaders and followers of organized religion whom Christ repeatedly criticizes.

To borrow a trick from our friend Skeeb, Micah 6:8 says, "He hath shewed thee, O man, what [is] good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"   And, of course, Christ taught that the "Golden Rule" was simply to treat others as you would want them to treat you.  The Bible teaches us that God isn't interested in flashy "religion"; all He requires from us is that we treat each other decently and not use force against others.  That seems perfectly reasonable to me.   ;)

Offline JazzBill

I don't know, but these people who are too much into their religion are the ones who become nutty and end up doing more evil deeds. You'd think the more they pray, the better they become, but that's not always the case.

To be honest, I enjoy it when these nut jobs show up here. It's usually good for a couple of laughs. It's funny to watch as their posts start to head off coarse, and you know it's just a matter of time before one of the moderaters boots them off. Kind of like watching a train wreck. You know whats going to happen, but you can't help but watch.
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

xraffle

To be honest, I enjoy it when these nut jobs show up here. It's usually good for a couple of laughs. It's funny to watch as they're posts start to head off coarse, and you know it's just a matter of time before one of the moderaters boots them off. Kind of like watching a train wreck. You know whats going to happen, but you can't help but watch.

Sometimes it is funny. Skeeb's last post was really hilarious. The way he started praying "Dear Heavenly Father..." LOL!! This is a three stooges site, not a church.

AmalgamatedMoron

Please folks, especially Board Administrators, realize this: I HONESTLY DID NOT WANT TO HAVE TO EXPLAIN MYSELF CONCERNING THIS VIDEO ON THIS SITE AND GO DOWN THIS PATH, specifically getting into a Spiritual argument, which I will not do.  But since OTHERS have wondered what's going on, I'm going to say it once, you all can reply as you wish, so here it is:

Is this guy serious?  He was practically begging to be bashed for this.  This guy needs some serious help.  He comes in here and insults Christianity by pairing the antics of the Stooges with a song about the central, historical event of the Christian faith.  And he insults the Stooges by pairing them with a song that isn't just a poor choice, but is a downright queer and bizarre combination.  He's highly unorthodox for the former, and outlandish and peculiar for the latter.

As for not liking the mixing of the sacred and the secular, you are going against the Word of God as found in Matthew 5:13, which reads: "Ye are the salt of the earth".  Know what that means?  Guys and gals like me that are unashamed of our faith in Jesus need to get in your stuff.  That is why I made the video.  Get the Gospel into the eyes and ears of those that might never see it again, ever, otherwise.  You all may never listen to a preacher on the radio or television or step foot inside of a Gospel preaching Church, but guess what?  If you watched the video you can never say you were not presented with a shot of the Gospel that would point out your need for Salvation.  And besides...

Oh really?  Skeeb's interpretation of Christ's admonition to be "the salt of the earth", is to make YouTube videos combining the slapstick comedy of the Three Stooges with popular Christian music from the 1970's?  Wow!  This guy ought to start his own little Christian sect.  Classic and vaudeville comedy meets Christianity.  Ted Healy could be their prophet.

Luke 5:31 reads "And Jesus answering said unto them, They that are whole need not a physician; but they that are sick."

What better way to get the Gospel of Jesus Christ, in a nutshell, to a group of unsaved individuals than to use the mechanism of them partaking of the idols that they do love (in this case The Three Stooges)? Many of you can probably name more of the Joe Besser shorts than you can books of the Bible.  And even though I can name them all of Joe's shorts, that is going to mean absolutely nothing on the day that I stand before God and He judges me on whether I am a sinner or a sinner saved by the work that Jesus Christ did on the cross at Calvary.  And that applies to your lives as well.

Isaiah 55:11 reads "So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it".

I have included the Word of God in a Three Stooges video.  No matter what vehicle carries it, it is still the Word of God...even if it is presented in a Three Stooges video. IT WILL PROSPER.  Realize that none of you are actually upset at me, but rather at the fact that the Word of God that you probably try to keep out of your life like the plaugue so that you can live any old way that you want to has come into your lives in a way that would never have happened otherwise (which is the precise reason that I made the video).

This guy is clueless as to what the gospel is in the first place.  Which is reason number one why evangelicals like himself always perturb and aggravate Calvinists like me.  He has probably never heard a true law and gospel sermon.  I highly suspect he attends a seeker-sensitive, evangelical megachurch.  These people are theologically obtuse and terribly ignorant.  He's quite zealous about his faith.  But zeal without knowledge and truth is not a virtue, but a vice.  The New Testament church would have never used entertainment as a "vehicle" for preaching the gospel.  Not to mention the fact that his song of choice was not the gospel itself, but only contained elements of it--and it contained no law, which always precedes the gospel.  This guy is married to the spirit of the age.  I am not "upset at the Word of God", but at this man's idiotic idea of what constitutes God's Word.  The word of God is not a song, but the propositions contained in the Bible alone.

John 12:47-48 reads "And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day".

If you reject these Words and the work of the Holy Spirit in your life to draw you to Christ, you can never say "NOBODY TOLD ME THAT I WAS A SINNER AND NEEDED SAVED"!  Scott has told you in the video and Scott is telling you now.  Keep in mind I have been exactly where each of you is right now in your lives, and I am now where I am in my life with Jesus as my Saviour and Lord and I can tell you: THIS IS WAY BETTER, FOLKS!

"This is way better folks!"  This is a pernicious lie that many evangelicals spew as the alleged gospel.  The gospel is not pragmatism!  For if it were, there would be many other worldviews to hold to that will make ones life much easier.  The late Christian philosopher Francis Schaeffer once told his students at L'Abri in Switzerland: "Whatever you do, please do not preach the gospel as helpful, preach the gospel as truth!  This man needs to read a few scriptures before he makes that ridiculous statement again (Matt. 6:34, 16:24, 24:9; John 15:18, 16:33). 

Finally, 1 Corinthians 1:27 reads "But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise..."

Approximately 30 people in our Church have seen the video.  None of them were offended in the least.  Why?  BECAUSE THEY HAVE ALREADY RECEIVED THE MESSAGE CONTAINED IN THE VIDEO AND ARE SEEING IT FROM THE OTHER SIDE!

Friends, if you are angry at this video, you are angry at God and His Word and His Son, Jesus...and not me.  And that could cost you eternally.  It is truly my sincere prayer that it doesn't...

No one here is angry at God because of your silly video.  But we are aggravated by this ridiculous creation of yours.  Please don't mix the two again.  You only muddy the waters of Christianity, and confound us who love the Stooges.  You have committed a crime against both.  While Rob allows a variety of topics to be discussed by those who wish to participate in these message boards, you didn't start this thread to have a religious discussion, but you created a grotesque monstrosity in that YT video.  And I can only speculate that contrary to your claim, you made it just to piss some of us off.  To start up an argument over it, as a means to bullhorn "your" gospel on this forum.  If someone here wants to have a religious discussion, that's fine.  But there are plenty of other forums for you to preach your dogma.  Those that are suited specifically for that very subject (many that I frequent myself, and engage in argument over theology).  But please leave this board alone.  It's for the Stooges.  So don't mess with the greatest comedy team in history, or as you have no doubt learned, you will draw the disapproval and censure of many here.

Offline FineBari3

Kind of like watching a train wreck. You know whats going to happen, but you can't help but watch.

[pound]

There was a full moon this past weekend....
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson