Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Typo on Stooges Collection Vol. 1

Guest · 6 · 2234

AmalgamatedMoron

I couldn't find any threads on this, so I thought I'd start this up.  Has anybody noticed the error on the DVD on-screen menu of Volume 1, Disc 2?  My son was watching the second disc last night.  After he finished, the DVD returned to the menu, frozen, staring at me.  I was on the sofa reading, and I just happened to look up at it and took a long stare.  There it was: "Volume 2, Years 1 & 2" in small print (perhaps this is why I never noticed it before--the disc itself reads Vol. 1 1934-1936, Disc 2).  Shouldn't it be, "Volume 1, Year 3", or "Disc 2, Year 3? (Disc 1 covers 1934-1935, Disc 2 covers 1936)

I quickly checked Disc 1.  It reads "Volume 1, Years 1 and 2", just as it should.  I then checked Disc #2 on Volume 2 which reads, "Volume 2, 1937-1939".  In the upper left hand corner it says "Disc 2".  Maybe they confused "volume" with "disc" on Volume 1, Disc 2, but it still should have read "Year 3", not "Years 1 & 2". 

Sorry, this may be my O.C.D. kicking in, but sometimes such things bother me far too much.  Anyone else annoyed by that, or am I obsessed and paranoid?

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
or am I obsessed and paranoid?

Yes!   [wink]

Just kidding.  Actually, I never noticed that myself; I'll have to look for it next time I watch my DVDs. 

xraffle

Yeah, I saw that, but I didn't make a big thing about it. As long as it's not on the main cover, it's all good. ;D

Offline Stooges#1

I never noticed that before, it is a shame. Could it be possible that volume 2 was in the works at that time and Sony made a mistake?

xraffle

I never noticed that before, it is a shame. Could it be possible that volume 2 was in the works at that time and Sony made a mistake?

As much as it's nice that these sets are being released at a fast pace, I hope that Sony doesn't skimp on quality due to this rapid pace. There were a few minor mistakes in Volumes 1 and 2 that should have been caught by the quality control. So, I hope quality control doesn't decrease on future volumes.

AmalgamatedMoron

As much as it's nice that these sets are being released at a fast pace, I hope that Sony doesn't skimp on quality due to this rapid pace. There were a few minor mistakes in Volumes 1 and 2 that should have been caught by the quality control. So, I hope quality control doesn't decrease on future volumes.

Yeah xraffle,  I think the odds are mostly in our favor.  Many people here, and perhaps elsewhere, have contacted Mike Schlesinger at Sony.  He responded to my email about a typo on the theme DVD that contained G.I. Wanna Home.  It was titled on that DVD as, "G.I. Wanna Go Home".  He said he would pass the info along to the DVD department.  Hopefully the fans have been diligent in bringing these errors to Sony's attention, the ones that were on the previous themed DVD's.  Now hopefully they will catch those as they continue releasing these new chronological sets, and not create any new ones in the process.