Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Belch Dimension Comics (Aug 2008)

Offline Dr. Belch

I've always wanted to create cartoons because I saw early on that they had the power to make people happy ,and that's what I've always wanted to do.  I grew up on Looney Tunes, He-Man, Woody Woodpecker, and, yes, the Stooges. I always wanted to create a series that captured the sort of old-school humor and values I loved as a kid.   

For about three years now I've been writing, drawing and trying to distribute a little indiecom called The Belch Dimension Comics.  Once a month or so I showcase samples of the magazine on message boards such as these.

BDC #40: "A Rash Decision"
1                           2                  3                     4

I referenced a couple of Stooges film in there. See if you can figure out which ones.

As of yet the comic isn't available in print, though you can buy the issues as PDFs through my website.

Offline Giff me dat fill-em!

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
Well ...one is definitely Idiots Deluxe, as evident by the doctor suggesting a quiet, relaxing vacation to calm (Moe's) nerves. The only other one that comes to mind is when Moe, Larry and Curly-Joe try to pitch a tent in one of those New Three Stooges Wraparounds, although I'm sure there is a short or two with camping as the theme (titles elude me at the moment).
The tacks won't come out! Well, they went in ... maybe they're income tacks.

Offline Dr. Belch

The line about a rash being caused by excessive use of the brain was lifted from "Pardon My Clutch" (1948). The "[Cabo San] Lucas sites" joke was a paraphrase of a gag first used in 1935's "Restless Knights".

For more comic fun, check out the Sep 2008 issue.